Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, if you keep a big secret from your parents it’s because it’s something you’re ashamed of or you think they’d be ashamed of. Poverty isn’t something to be ashamed of and if you and your son were starving then that immediate need would trump any shame you might feel.

I do sometimes wonder whether she was keeping it secret from her parents that she was severely cash strapped and the real reason for being broke was due to some behaviour such as ❄ or compulsive spending.

That would make the “I didn’t tell my parents cos I was ashamed!” Narrative make much more sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
View attachment 1637808
These hands just completed 3 hours of freestyle (no gloves, I am weird) gardening, including weed pulling, repotting, bulb planting etc. These are my nails after the first session with a nail brush, session #2 happening shortly before I touch any food. Dirty nails anywhere near food give me the ick. Making a pedantic JM related point, soz.
Glove free gardening is v good for you. I’m sure there’s research around the particles in the soil and skin contact being good for easing depression etc.
Your ring is v v pretty! 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Speaking of charity fundraising, I discovered something quite interesting the other day looking at her old blog and while piling it together to post here, have just this morning uncovered some MINDBLOWING (to me, apols if this is already widely known) stuff. Like, my mouth hanging open stuff. I am Aghast, flabbergasted and just WOW!

Archiving folk, one of you get ready to archive the heck out of anything here not archived before she catches up and deletes the evidence!

Spoiler cos as always when amassing evidence, it’s long! Apols for any typos
Recall that in 2013 she was in dire straits of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” etc.
62800B87-CC17-48D3-BCBC-B90BAE048085.jpeg

Seems odd to me that someone in such abject dire straits would seek to be sponsored to ‘live below the (poverty) line’ on £5 for five days’ food for a charity campaign that April while merrily posting about it.
3AFE44B5-78BE-41D4-8DB8-F1F8B8AA3D04.jpeg

D6A1E56C-1F7B-4C8F-ABBF-E604081F06B8.jpeg

Let’s see what else she had going on at this time…
926B8397-147F-4F22-B863-C0EC9838C763.jpeg

284BE0DE-9069-4EF7-8399-5021C7C6800F.jpeg

Oh, and in March of that same year, despite being in such desperate circumstances herself that she’s resorting to prostitution and stealing food to survive, she selflessly spends a night on the streets, again being sponsored.
5FF0A3F0-A806-42B3-B148-DE324ABE0C57.jpeg

🚨MINDBLOWING KLAXON ALERT 🚨

Oh, and that manipulative pic of the sad glass of water and toast she included in Potatoes as evidence she was so very, very poor and desperate in 2013?
6BD7C57B-DB35-463C-80DB-D2D48F447E7A.jpeg
That was actually part of the Live Below the (poverty) Line challenge where she was being sponsored to spend 5 days on less than £5. Check it out, suckas!

You might spot a few other things from potatoes that look familiar but that were actually part of that ‘live on a fiver for five days’ challenge.

Like this for example
18A76DD1-12D8-44BB-9569-7AB1482546C7.jpeg

Oh, and she has such a lark the first time that she did that challenge again just for fun (and sponsorships) starting on May 19 of that year. Despite being in the dire straits of stealing food, prostitution and suicidal. Selfless, I tell you.

Potatoes again, so that the rest of you can play ‘Snap’ on the food pics too. It’s more than just those two.

Swears:bleeping MANIPULATIVE LYING CHARLATAN bleep

Finally, and less mindblowing cos we all knew this was bollox, but no fridge for “TWO YEARS” but sausages as part of the challenge above and this 2013 pic of her shopping. Looks to me like some other stuff there that needs refrigerating too…
642B94FD-3F83-4143-8557-5C7E0F176C85.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 137
We all lived through Tory austerity. Why the duck didn’t she just get a cleaning job? ‘It nearly killed me.’ How does she think the rest of us survived it?! Work hard at a job or two if you have to you horrible, workshy, manipulative, entitled, self-aggrandising (big swear) bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I know nothing about film making, but the film was released in 2016...wouldn't it take a year or two to write, commission then make said movie? Really makes you think 🤔
I've been a googling:
Paul Laverty wrote it. He's not known for being a fast writer, he is known for researching and diving deep into the subject.
From what I've read, I dlDaniel Blake, started forming around the time of the coalition Government:
Laverty Quote: "We were also very aware of the decisions made by the new Coalition Government" (coalition 2010-2015)
They travelled all over the place, even to Loaches home town of Nuneaton. They spoke with foodbank workers and DWP staff and homeless people.
In not one interview or article with Laverty have I found any mention of Monroe.

And, fwiw... There's a scene in the film that Laverty wrote where Daniel is given a cup of water from a water cooler, they removed water coolers from all Job Centres in 2010 due to spending cuts..

So all told, I reckon, Laverty started to write the movie around 2010, went with Loach to Nuneaton around then. Then they tried to find funding, they sent it to Channel 4 who refused to fund them because, according to Channel 4, they were already making Benefit Street which aired in 2014, filmed in 2013.

Make of that what you will.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Speaking of charity fundraising, I discovered something quite interesting the other day looking at her old blog and while piling it together to post here, have just this morning uncovered some MINDBLOWING (to me, apols if this is already widely known) stuff. Like, my mouth hanging open stuff. I am Aghast, flabbergasted and just WOW!

Archiving folk, one of you get ready to archive the heck out of anything here not archived before she catches up and deletes the evidence!

Recall that in 2013 she was in dire straits of “prostitution and stealing food to survive” etc.
View attachment 1637722

Seems odd to me that someone in such abject dire straits would seek to be sponsored to ‘live below the (poverty) line’ on £5 for five days’ food for a charity campaign that April while merrily posting about it.
View attachment 1637806
View attachment 1637783
View attachment 1637798
View attachment 1637796

Oh, and in March of that same year, despite being in such desperate circumstances herself that she’s resorting to prostitution and stealing food to survive, she selflessly spends a night on the streets, again being sponsored.
View attachment 1637807

Oh, and that manipulative pic of the sad glass of water and toast she included in Potatoes as evidence she was so very, very poor and desperate in 2013?
View attachment 1637857That was actually part of the Live Below the (poverty) Line challenge where she was being sponsored to spend 5 days on less than £5. Check it out, suckas!

You might spot a few other things from potatoes that look familiar but that were actually part of that ‘live on a fiver for five days’ challenge.

Like this for example
View attachment 1637862

Oh, and she has such a lark the first time that she did that challenge again just for fun (and sponsorships) starting on May 19 of that year. Despite being in the dire straits of stealing food, prostitution and suicidal. Selfless, I tell you.

Potatoes again, so that the rest of you can play ‘Snap’ on the food pics too. It’s more than just those two.

Finally, and less mindblowing cos we all knew this was bollox, but no fridge for “TWO YEARS” but sausages as part of the challenge above and this 2013 pic of her shopping. Looks to me like some other stuff there that needs refrigerating too…
View attachment 1637884
F’kin’ell, @Valiofthedolls . Just….f’kin ‘ell.

ETA those receipts you pulled together Vali, I really really hope a real journo sees them. Then it would be game over.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I feel like I was living the life of a Roman emperor during my brush with the poors when I read her crappy crappy bull crap writing. Gorging on fine wines and foods and living the high life compared to her with her tiny rice bowl for two meals. What a load of horse-tit. The bare-faced cheek of her.

Reactions: 41
I know I’m really slow off the mark, but she uses her own PayPal for everything doesn’t she? Legal fees? - PayPal. Book donation? - PayPal. Presenter training? - PayPal. Tip jar? - PayPal.

There’s just no way she can differentiate what’s donated for what purpose is there? It just all goes to Jack.
Which is why she would be in a metric fuckton of trouble if HMRC took an interest. Money just flows into her own accounts and there's no ring-fencing for any purposes.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’ve known so many people who go to such lengths to provide a decent standard of living for their family. When you work Jack styled ‘crappy’ jobs you meet incredibly hard-working people - the hourly rate is low, the only solution is more hours.
Example: A woman I once worked with had already been and done morning cleaning at a school and done her own school run by 9.30am start at our place. She left at 3.00 to collect her child and wait to swap with her husband at 6.00. She’d then go and evening clean local offices until 9pm. 5 days a week and then a full weekend day at our place. She did that for years and I think of people like her when I read Jack’s pathetic mimblings and would love to put her with them for a day. 🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Left the fire service because of shift work then dragged SB around pubs in the rain asking for jobs that would've probably involved shift work.
Funny you should say that, because she claims that’s why she LEFT those too

64CA9969-4C62-4674-95BC-C08BF6035138.jpeg

I know other fraus discovered this long before me, but I swear, that early blog is a bleeping goldmine.

Reactions: 61
I am thankful that Jack has been quiet. It's given us all a chance to remind ourselves of what an absolute horror she is. But it's more than that. It's starting to seem that everything we originally thought is way, way, worse than we ever imagined. Is it possible that this person has bilked every single organisation and person that she has been involved with? In the real life law of probabilities it's virtually impossible that she is guilty of nothing.

I tried finding out whether charities are subject to FOI - it doesn't seem very promising unless they themselves think something is amiss.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

View attachment 1637722

View attachment 1637806
View attachment 1637783
View attachment 1637798
View attachment 1637796

View attachment 1637807

View attachment 1637857That was actually part of the Live Below the (poverty) Line challenge where she was being sponsored to spend 5 days on less than £5. Check it out, suckas!

Like this for example
View attachment 1637862

View attachment 1637884
Is that a fridge in the photo of the shopping?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I doubt many/any people buy from that online shop these days. I only found it from her FB page. I did wonder if the 'Potatoes' drawing was hers or someone elses as she was asking people to send her their art so she could sell it in the shop. Didn't realise it was someone painting with their mouth so I guess that explains it a bit more.

The site is 'live' in the sense that it still allows you to add items to your basket. I didn't go as far as actually trying to check out!

Today has been quite enlightening. I had no idea Jack's life story was proposed to be made into a Hollywood blockbuster. I also didn't realise that Viv (RIP) wanted her as a muse. Cringing my intestine out re: "punk-mama"

Interesting comment (highlighted) considering the lack of transparency/missing books from the Kickstarter campaign. I wonder how many frilly 3 button blouses oor Jack now has in her wardrobe.

View attachment 1637878

View attachment 1637885
Getting emails from her PR people but too chicken-tit? Yes we’d all turn that down of course. And yeah a Kickstarter totally counts as your own designer clothes buying fund Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
So, *has* Ralf Little finally distanced himself from JM? Always found it gross how he’d seemingly constantly stick up for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1637808
These hands just completed 3 hours of freestyle (no gloves, I am weird) gardening, including weed pulling, repotting, bulb planting etc. These are my nails after the first session with a nail brush, session #2 happening shortly before I touch any food. Dirty nails anywhere near food give me the ick. Making a pedantic JM related point, soz.
Please please use gloves!! Tiniest scratch and some real frickin nasties could get in you!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Agree with you there. For me it’s far too fluid and fast to be hers-the line is too strong and confident. It has a print-like quality the other images don’t share. Her work has a sketchy yr 10 quality to it-even the stuff I think she’s done herself I feel like she’s used a tracing technique from a photo to achieve.
It's definitely not hers. The shop is a collaboration with someone else who is named as the artist in the description of the print.

Reactions: 17
Funny you should say that, because she claims that’s why she LEFT those too

View attachment 1637966

I know other fraus discovered this long before me, but I swear, that early blog is a bleeping goldmine.
Repeating myself like a raving ninny but how does she think EVERY OTHER PARENT copes? I’ve had so many jobs where I’ve had to negotiate the start time to account for the nursery/school run! Nursery opens at 8 ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
[...
the hourly rate is low, the only solution is more hours.
I can't find the res triangle, have a ❤ and squint till it looks triangle.
From 2000 until 2013 I worked a job I absolutely hated. In a metal manufacturing plant. I started in the factory, drilling holes. Made I up to floor steward, chargehand, supervisor. 70+ hours a week over 7 days.
It almost killed me, but it's just what had to be done to get the cash... Even then I only cleared £2500 a month.

Now I don't work, I have been put onto a special list by the DWP where they leave me alone cause I'm broken. I'm on the flip side, I now exist on £1000 a month.
Gone is the mortgage, the nice car payments, the nice phones, nice clothes, nice food etc etc.
It's social housing, crap car, old phone, crap food but not quite Monroe Crap..

That may appear off topic, but, it kind of explains why I dislike the cosplaying, poverty larping, job quitting, nepotism benefitting, Jack 'Send Paypals' Monroe..

• Heart
Reactions: 107
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.