Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy crap. Does the charity know about this? I've just googled them and they seem legit. How many slop manuals could they conceivably need? I mean there must be a limit, right?!? Would they not rather have the £10.99?

This is outrageous.

ETA: states that 25% of profits on the rainbow print will go to Broken Rainbow. Which ceased operations in 2016.
When the Street Reads thing came up back in June, @Cack Conroe noticed that they were actually appealing for money rather than direct donations of books - see https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-319-belle-du-poor.30562/page-3#post-10098111

It seems that Jack either misread or misunderstood the nature of the appeal, which is fair enough. But she would have discovered that when the first book was donated - so why hasn't she corrected the mistake by now?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Another Jack shop that still appears to be live ( as in, I can add things to my basket). Looks like it was set up in 2016 to raise money for charity - the Orlando massacre. I wonder how much they saw of the profits what with jack, her ADHD brain and countless areas of income/fundraising.

The potato one is ... well ... dire.

View attachment 1637613
Sorry to quote again. But the Potatoes drawing is not Jack's work.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Sh1thouse potaoes, meet sh1thouse onion.

I see the buy a full price book and I'll donate it to a homeless shelter racket is still live. Of course as ever, no evidence or updates have been provided.

View attachment 1637622
So I didn’t know she grifted/is still grifting cash for a THIRD different book to be ‘donated!!! And again, give me your cash and I’ll provide zero transparency.

Long recent post of mine about the debacles of her seeking money so she could ‘donate’ Tin Can Cook and Cooking on a Bootstrap, with links to evidence of it all for any interested new fraus who are unaware

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
So I didn’t know she grifted/is still grifting cash for a THIRD different book to be ‘donated!!! And again, give me your cash and I’ll provide zero transparency.

Long recent post of mine about the debacles of her seeking money so she could ‘donate’ Tin Can Cook and Cooking on a Bootstrap, with links to evidence of it all for any interested new fraus who are unaware

That's a really good point - and underlines just how much money she's refusing to account for. It's not a few quid here or there, it's many tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Holy crap. Does the charity know about this? I've just googled them and they seem legit. How many slop manuals could they conceivably need? I mean there must be a limit, right?!? Would they not rather have the £10.99?

This is outrageous.

ETA: states that 25% of profits on the rainbow print will go to Broken Rainbow. Which ceased operations in 2016.
If that is correct, then even by Jack’s standards, my mind is (not)LITERALLY BLOWN that in 2022 she is still grifting cash for a charity that ceased operating in 2016.

Bet she claims nobody’s bought one since 2016.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 64

This is outrageous.

Do you think anyone's investigating this? Any chance it's part of what Molly's referring to?

Reactions: 42
Actually, she very, very heavily implied that it was, in a separate Guardian article a month before she punched the Odeon wall and ran out howling into the night. They contacted her for ‘research’ and she then goes on about how it’s basically ‘her’ story

View attachment 1637623
Just... How? How can she say 'use what you want from my blog'? She didn't have to sign anything? The researchers didn't contact her multiple times to verify stories or seek third party verification? Did she get any payment or does she get royalties?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Do you think anyone's investigating this? Any chance it's part of what Molly's referring to?
It depends whether anyone knows about it. I mean, we are pretty FORENSIC on here, and I’ve been around both lurking and then posting for a good while and it’s the first time I’ve realized/learned about this- and that she’s also grifting for a defunct charity.

Reactions: 42
Just... How? How can she say 'use what you want from my blog'? She didn't have to sign anything? The researchers didn't contact her multiple times to verify stories or seek third party verification? Did she get any payment or does she get royalties?
Maybe those researchers are to doing their due diligence exactly what the Guardian and everyone else who’s given her a platform are re: Jack’s pov ‘story’

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Unfortunately though some people took that literally. I’ve seen it reported as fact in articles about her that it’s partly based on her life.
One of those articles:

Screenshot_20221009-160215_Opera.jpg

(New frauen, listen to the audio IF YOU DARE)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Screenshot_20221009_160427.jpg

And yet she has gone quiet and she has gone away.

Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Actually, she very, very heavily implied that it was, in a separate Guardian article a month before she punched the Odeon wall and ran out howling into the night. They contacted her for ‘research’ and she then goes on about how it’s basically ‘her’ story

View attachment 1637623
I knew it!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
One thing I have noticed is how many interviewers/journalists comment in their articles about Jack sniffling or having a cold as in the Tîm Adams one in the post here:

https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-412-chiz-on-tiz.34087/post-12096307

Really makes you think 🤔
Yeah, and it’s journo ‘code’ for snidely implying that the subject of the interview might be under the influence of ❄. It used to crop up a lot in NME and Melody Maker interview features back in the 90s 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
I’ve not seen Daniel Blake. But did his well off parents live around the corner and he just refused to ask them for help?

• Haha
Reactions: 119
Based on everything I've read that has been posted here, there's no waaaaay this grift/scheme isn't bigger than we think.

If the lying is smoke, there's one hell of a fire somewhere.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.