Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pic she posted of SB on a rug in 'too small trousers', etc... looking absolutely normal for a kid at that age shows a rug. On a decent wooden floor. Carpets are hardly compulsory!

Damn that's terrible posture.
Thought the same. The photo is not as flattering as she thinks it is.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Back when she was originally in "poverty as she describes it" she was still Melissa. Jack came when she realised she could make money from people. And did.
Incorrect. She changed her name just as she resigned from the fire service - ie pre-Poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think when she says she rebelled in a “quiet, bookish way” she’s putting her own spin on skipping lessons and hiding in the library or wherever else with a book because she was struggling to keep up at school. She’d probably be very disappointed to find out she’s not unique in this, it’s something you often see in selective schools. Children who were high achievers at primary, often feted by their parents and sometimes even teachers as special, suddenly find themselves thrown into an environment with a lot of other academically high achieving children and for the first time they need to put a significant effort in just to keep up. As the years pass and the work becomes more challenging the worse the problem becomes, and because it’s a selective school there’s not really the option to drop to a lower set. For Jack this was probably compounded by her tendency toward laziness and desire to either be instantly good at something or not bother with it at all. She’s the epitome of a person who can’t bear to fail so would rather not try in the first place, and then claim their lack of engagement as rebellion.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She claimed income support in 2012 as she mentions it in her blog. Never known anyone have so much drama claiming tax credits. Took me a 10 minute phone call, took her 2 days of laborious and forensic note taking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She must surely bore herself by now. It must be irritating not to be able to freely enjoy the things you’ve earned. I splurged on a pair of boots this week (payday, Klarna and the fact they will change my life for the better in every way and go with EVERYTHING even my safety pin jumper dresses.)
I don’t need to hide them so my enemies don’t see them or pretend I found them/was given them/bought in a Cats Protection shop for 76p. I can just wear them and explain nothing to anyone. That’s a simple thing but I don’t think Jack knows how that feels. All her purchases come with a backstory, a deep and meaningful reason for owning it and it’s all a lie. She can’t just say ‘I bought it because I wanted it and earned the money for it.’
She tries to justify things like a frivolous floral boiler suit purchases while telling journalists and followers that she doesn’t have lightbulbs. It must be exhausting and I just can’t imagine it’s worth it. With a decentish job and a credit card/enough credit to pay in 3 she could own all that stuff anyway. The grift is pointless. ☹
2 boilersuits don't forget....

Reactions: 18
I remember reading on here that Jack had refused to claim benefits back in the poverty because “mummy works”. But when I search for anything to do with benefits I can only find the usual crap. Anyone have receipts? I think it was her old Facebook posts where she said she didn’t claim.
She did claim benefits, but wanted to do her crafting and claim tax credits rather than making her claim much simpler by claiming income support and not working at all ( at that time there was no requirement to work due to the age of her son.) This was all played out on an old Facebook account that was deleted once she became known, as what was on there didn't tally with what she had told the media. I used to read all the comments on that Facebook account from people imploring her to make her life simple, but she refused. She seemed to just enjoy the attention, going over the same ground over and over. No receipts due to the deletion of the account many moons ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh, PS she quit an actual job to do that stuff too, despite lots of people expressing reservations about this being a wise course of action.
Yeah, yet again she sounds like she’s in the direst of circumstances and abject poverty here, right?

Oh and this is nothing to do with her crafting, but is yet another very interesting post- for many reasons…
ETA yet more evidence she’s always been a shameless self publicist. This is her highlighting a letter ‘someone’ wrote that was published in the newspaper she worked at. An early 🧦 🤭

View attachment 1638269
LFC doesn't know she's born, does she?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Going back to the Faux Laura Kuenssberg on Twitter, is anyone still looking at the replies for the suing Lee Anderson guff? Because, dear Canal, with the exception of about two posts, the rest are overwhelmingly positive. Lots asking how they can donate 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’s the best of us 🤢 and all the other boohockey we’ve come to know and hate. Has Jack gone around Twitter with a damn Men in Black mind wiping pen or what? It’s really sickening.

Of course the real question is why has it been posted in the first place? Jack kicked that off in May (was it then, I can’t remember) and then it was confirmed that she’d done tit about it and had pocketed the loot that had already been sent. Are people that dense (rhetorical) that they don’t realise it’s old news and nothing has come of it or, and this seems the most obvious, Jack is somehow changing the narrative and trying to lure more people into her failing grift.

Soz for the long rambly post, it’s like there’s some imaginary word count I’m trying to reach.
It has the distinct whiff of Mark ‘Reputation Management’ Lewis about it if you ask me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 1638997
“No carpets for TWO YEARS” = “the place I lived had laminate floors”. Also I know pics can deceive, but those pics of her home from the Guardian, Mirror and other pieces from 2012 and 2013 do not look like a place that’s damp or mouldy or anything else. Further, NO journalist at the time in any article from any publication, many of whom visited her at her home, makes mention of the damp or mould, which they surely would have? Yet she’s constantly milking that to this day.
View attachment 1639001
i chopped off their faces as wanted to show the floor but not SB and didn’t like/want to ‘squiggle out’ all over his face.
Yeah, not being funny but all the pics I've seen of her from the years of The Pov, her flat looks really nice. Like that pic right there in your post. Dry, nice furniture, modern.

Much, MUCH better than the genuinely moldy, inner walls crumbling, unsafe and ill-furnished places I was renting off dodgy landlords when I was in Pov (a Pov induced in no small part by drug and alcohol addictions, which I'm not ashamed to admit, because I eventually took responsibility, did the work and got better - eh Jack???).

And yes if she was living in semi-destitution, journos would mention in. In fact one writer from a national (can't recall which, Guardian probably, her Chief Enabler) did comment on how cosy and pleasantly cluttered her home was when he visited her in 2014ish.

Not sure why in May 2012 she needed to sign up to get a degree (or two) when as we all know, in March 2012 she already had one. This one in March must have been in something other than “Social Policy and Criminology alongside a BA(Hons) in PPE”, I suppose. :unsure:
View attachment 1639193

Also, if she’s signed up to do “a degree” in Social Policy and Crim, what does the dozy dipshit think it is, other than a Bachelor’s degree like a “BA(Hons)” I see she’s always been terrific at researching her stories before posting her shite.
Christ on a BIKE she does THREE HOURS job trial and she thinks she's Ada Coleman

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Charity shops have increasingly standardised their pricing to the point of ridiculousness in recent years - especially the “chains”.

It’s not unusual to see a pair of Primark trousers (well worn at that!) hanging next to Next or M&S and all of them be the same price. My daughter and myself often joke that we wouldn’t have paid some of the prices they charge (especially for Shien and such stuff) for new stuff! I think they must have a national pricing structure in place these days.

So - her first house sale was for charity as well as to clear her debts. Then she started her “non-profit” community project. This is way before book deals, Guardian columns and “Buy two - get one for a foodbank or “homeless shelter””. She definitely started as she meant to go on, didn’t she.

Reactions: 30
I tried working out a timeline of tattoos while I was scrolling through her insta. But obviously it doesn't go back to the pov era.

The photo posted by colouredlines is, according to Jack, from 2011.
By November 2013 at the latest the skull tattoo has been covered (badly) with the floral piece. Looks like some other stuff has been added on as well?

View attachment 1639264

She posted a picture of this one in September 2012, it's unclear when she got it.

View attachment 1639282

Two stills also from Dec 2013
View attachment 1639267
View attachment 1639269

When I say that the flower cover-up was bad, I mean it was dire.

View attachment 1639287

View attachment 1639304

Not sure how many she started with but by June 2015 she's up to 28 tatts.

View attachment 1639293

She went "on tour" to the USA in August/September 2015 and got this monstrosity. I'd ask her to cover it in professional contexts too.

View attachment 1639303

View attachment 1639294

View attachment 1639295

By April 2016 the skull/rose is covered up again and we are somehow at 40-odd tattoos!

View attachment 1639309

This utter nonsense was made permanent in late 2016.

View attachment 1639313

And then in 2017 she's broke and begging for money again. Makes you think.

I wonder where this poor woman is now, and if she's still a fan.
View attachment 1639316

So bleeping professional, Jack
View attachment 1639318

And last but not least
View attachment 1639319
Jack and potatoes is never not going to bring a smile to my face.
Her tattoos are just so, so bad. That first cover up was shocking, and then having to go for the super thick black second cover up to hide it all 😮They're not unique either, I'd say I was fairly unusual nowadays in not having any tbh.

Reactions: 30
Have we seen the Jack stan/sock threatening to doxx Molly?

Let's see if Jack Monroe condemns and stops this "please dont do things like this in my name", or if she grants permission by inaction.

chrome_screenshot_1665389340108.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
Does she ever say what ‘teaching’ she would do. Primary/secondary?
I don’t believe she spoke to any teachers who told her it was family friendly. Sure you get the holidays mostly off.
However training itself is brutal as is NQT year and really long hours. School hours do not fit in with childcare hours. I’ve worked in secondaries where staff were really expected to be in by 7.30am at the latest. Most staff have support behind them, usually parents so they can do the hours.
Not driving actually makes it hard to get there on time and would be impossible to pick a child up on time. Also you can’t carry marking home in the bus.

Apart from the fact she has no degree. They’ve opened up teaching training routes but I don’t think any would take you on a handful of GCSEs.

now if she could cook and trained herself up, especially with a bit of professional experience. She could teach in a college and get a qualification whilst working.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Not sure why in May 2012 she needed to sign up to get a degree (or two) when as we all know, in March 2012 she already had one. This one in March must have been in something other than “Social Policy and Criminology alongside a BA(Hons) in PPE”, I suppose. :unsure:
View attachment 1639193

Also, if she’s signed up to do “a degree” in Social Policy and Crim, what does the dozy dipshit think it is, other than a Bachelor’s degree like a “BA(Hons)” I see she’s always been terrific at researching her stories before posting her shite.
Lie upon lie upon lie. The deception goes so deep. So many different personas, different stories to different publications. Wonder if there’s some Action Fraud detective trying to piece it altogether.
Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Her tattoos are just so, so bad. That first cover up was shocking, and then having to go for the super thick black second cover up to hide it all 😮They're not unique either, I'd say I was fairly unusual nowadays in not having any tbh.
They’re bad for sure, but for me the absolute worst is the edgelord “find what you love and let it kill you” one. I’d like to ask her exactly what it means, because I sure as hell don’t know (I know it’s a quote) although I suspect her reply would be something condescending like if you have to ask you’ll never understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.