Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no. And the person who drew it paints with her mouth. I feel rotten now. Sorry.
I've not caught up yet, but don't feel bad. 🔺and you can only take my word for this because I have no proof but I actually know this person quite well, at the height of the mouth painting phase as well, and she's perfectly capable of drawing and painting with her hands. She's a bit of a munchie. 😬

I can prove to mods if needed but only if there's an option to do so privately.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I meant her claiming money is going to a disbanded charity, it is dishonest at the very least, if not outright fraud. It must be within the remit of ‘somebody'?
Action Fraud. You don't have to be the victim to report, I just the same way as if you saw suspicious activity in the street, you'd call the police:

Surely by bringing it up again, it will stir up questions about the money? Which she doesn’t want
The only thing I can think is a Jack Stan retweeted it, and then a few others have blindly followed suit? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 23
Inadvertently or not, JM has ticked a lot of the boxes for oppressed identities
Oh it’s definitely advertent. If that’s a word. Strip away the cosplay and she’s a plain old white bread bog standard middle class girl. Ie a hugely lucky privileged person. And shes Embarrassed by that. Which is the epitome of privilege

• Heart
Reactions: 46
For someone who claims her tattoos were PRE POV, OK? WELL PAID JOB YADDA YADDA her right arm in that photo looks remarkably bare.
She had some of them pre-Poverty:

View attachment 1639065

(Don't zoom in on the fingernails. It's not worth it.)

Her first Guardian video, Aug 2013, not that many:

Then in Jan 2014 she has significantly more tattoos: Depending on which version of 2013 you choose to believe, this could be due to signing a 25.000£ book deal...or saving up her prostitution income (and saving money by stealing food #jackshacks).
I tried working out a timeline of tattoos while I was scrolling through her insta. But obviously it doesn't go back to the pov era.

The photo posted by colouredlines is, according to Jack, from 2011.
By November 2013 at the latest the skull tattoo has been covered (badly) with the floral piece. Looks like some other stuff has been added on as well?

images (76).jpeg

She posted a picture of this one in September 2012, it's unclear when she got it.

Screenshot_20220928-180737~3.jpg

Two stills also from Dec 2013
20140102-233430.jpg

images (79).jpeg

When I say that the flower cover-up was bad, I mean it was dire.

Screenshot_20220928-140919~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-141121~3.jpg

Not sure how many she started with but by June 2015 she's up to 28 tatts.

Screenshot_20220928-141419~3.jpg

She went "on tour" to the USA in August/September 2015 and got this monstrosity. I'd ask her to cover it in professional contexts too.

Screenshot_20220928-143322~3.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-143836~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-143917~3.jpg

By April 2016 the skull/rose is covered up again and we are somehow at 40-odd tattoos!

Screenshot_20220928-150524~3.jpg

This utter nonsense was made permanent in late 2016.

Screenshot_20220928-152459~4.jpg

And then in 2017 she's broke and begging for money again. Makes you think.

I wonder where this poor woman is now, and if she's still a fan.
Screenshot_20220928-143717~3.jpg

So bleeping professional, Jack
Screenshot_20220928-162253~3.jpg

And last but not least
Screenshot_20220928-154737~3.jpg

Jack and potatoes is never not going to bring a smile to my face.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I meant her claiming money is going to a disbanded charity, it is dishonest at the very least, if not outright fraud. It must be within the remit of ‘somebody'?
Not the Charity Commission, as they only regulate charities. The Fundraising Regulator might be somewhere to start or Action Fraud. But The Fundraising Regulator ask that you contact the organisation or fundraiser first.

I've not caught up yet, but don't feel bad. 🔺and you can only take my word for this because I have no proof but I actually know this person quite well, at the height of the mouth painting phase as well, and she's perfectly capable of drawing and painting with her hands. She's a bit of a munchie. 😬

I can prove to mods if needed but only if there's an option to do so privately.
If you know her quite well, can you point out that she's fundraising for a defunct charity and should update her shop?

Reactions: 29
Going back to the Faux Laura Kuenssberg on Twitter, is anyone still looking at the replies for the suing Lee Anderson guff? Because, dear Canal, with the exception of about two posts, the rest are overwhelmingly positive. Lots asking how they can donate 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’s the best of us 🤢 and all the other boohockey we’ve come to know and hate. Has Jack gone around Twitter with a damn Men in Black mind wiping pen or what? It’s really sickening.

Of course the real question is why has it been posted in the first place? Jack kicked that off in May (was it then, I can’t remember) and then it was confirmed that she’d done tit about it and had pocketed the loot that had already been sent. Are people that dense (rhetorical) that they don’t realise it’s old news and nothing has come of it or, and this seems the most obvious, Jack is somehow changing the narrative and trying to lure more people into her failing grift.

Soz for the long rambly post, it’s like there’s some imaginary word count I’m trying to reach.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Not the Charity Commission, as they only regulate charities. The Fundraising Regulator might be somewhere to start or Action Fraud. But The Fundraising Regulator ask that you contact the organisation or fundraiser first.
Action Fraud is likely a good catch all due to the number of different layers - of course not forgetting fraudulent misrepresentation:

Reactions: 20
So did she just choose not to tell the charity shop that they could get far more money for this coat, because she's so kind and ethical? But it's a lie anyway, isn't it? It's charity shops according to people who don't go into charity shops. 50p for a coat in a charity shop is when it's on the sale rail of stuff they can't get rid of no matter how hard they try, because it's ugly or scratchy fabric or similar making it unpopular. You can't even get a Primark t-shirt for 50p in most charity shops, and you never could at any point during her lifetime.

Similarly with the alleged "Viv" really. Unless that was one of those high-end pop-ups a bigger charity might occasionally run to sell designer goods to well-off people, then it plainly just a lie. There isn't a charity shop in the country where they'd get in "a load of Viv" and just not know what it is and make no attempt to find out and so they shove it all on a rail for the same price as the ex-M&S stuff, and there it lingers until Poverty Jack comes in and kindly takes it off their hands without a word of "by the way given that you're a charity I feel morally obligated to mention that you could make quite a bit of money of this stuff."

It's bollocks. (🔺I've been buying clothes from charity shops for several decades now, and have worked in a few as well.)
Whilst I agree. There is a charity shop in leigh ran by very cute old ladies and I got my kids brand new items from gap for 20p a piece I said to them are you sure but they didn't care. Everything in that shop was always ridiculously underpriced. Rare I know but perhaps its true...
OK it probably isn't who am I kidding

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Also, if she’s signed up to do “a degree” in Social Policy and Crim, what does the dozy dipshit think it is, other than a Bachelor’s degree like a “BA(Hons)” I see she’s always been terrific at researching her stories before posting her shite.
Assuming that she really intended to become a teacher (hahahahahaha) - what qualifications would she need? In my area (overseas frau here) people who want to be teachers do an undergraduate degree and then do a one- or two-year program after that to get a B.Ed. And in their undergraduate degree they have to major in one or two "teachable subjects" - basically any subject where there's a course or series of courses in primary or secondary school, depending what grade they want to teach. How would doing a degree in Social Policy and Crim qualify someone for a teaching job?

(Noting too that the B.Ed. route is for state-funded schools - for schools outside that system, the qualifications might also include being an alumnus, knowing someone on the school's board of directors, being connected to a wealthy donor, etc. etc. :sneaky: )

Most people take their coats off in coffee shops so they Feel The Benefit when they go back outside, so maybe that's the reason why 3 out of 27 people had paper poppies pinned to their coats. They were the only 3 actually wearing coats indoors.

I love her silly stories. She's such a goose 🦆.
Having worked for the British legion, 🔺 I will say 'my eyes were opened'

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you know her quite well, can you point out that she's fundraising for a defunct charity and should update her shop?
Not without 🔺 myself unfortunately.

Can offer the following information though:
1. The shop was promoted as a shared venture between the two or them
2. It is still advertised in her Facebook profile (although I doubt anyone has bought anything for a long time). It's not been promoted for years
3. They were totally besties for like 5 minutes and there's several photos or selfies together which I won't share.

Munchie friend is very privileged but generally well meaning. I do not believe for a second she is in on the grift. We are not currently in contact however.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
Wtf was the arthritic, asthmatic, crumbly shouldered, mathematically challenged smol pixie expecting? 😂
Don’t forget the lack of driving, these RAF bases are huge, and they have roundabouts!

OMG you're an actual genius. My mum won't have seen DKL but if the topic comes up again I'll skip right over the grifting pov cosplay and approach it from the 'she thinks bottled lemon juice is better than fresh' angle - she'll definitely see the light after that.
You could also mention tinned potatoes better/cheaper than fresh. Nobody believes that surely?

• Haha
Tender one, there was also a 50p Nicole Farhi jacket x

View attachment 1638849
I genuinely can’t work out if I live somewhere really posh (it doesn’t feel it!) but as. Charity Shop Frau (certainly not posh enough to be calling things thrift shops) no adult jackets would be 50p. Kids clothes or books maybe but even the M&S suit jacket I bought for job interviews was £1.25.

I know it’s all nonsense but I think I’m affronted her thrift shops and muddy puddles are SO unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm not sure how much control the Trussell Trust has over the fundraiser, since it was set up by Jack. They receive the money, but I assume they don't have any log-in or access rights to the page. As the last donation was 8 months ago, they may not even be seeing it on any reports from GoFundMe and think it's closed. Or they may not have a problem with the fundraiser still being open because they receive any donations and, as a charity, one of their duties is to maximise their fundraising in order to achieve their goals. And Jack probably won't have a problem with it still being open because it helps her image as Saviour of the Povs.

If GoFundMe charity is like Justgiving and other fundraising platforms, each donor will have received a thank you email when they donated, and if they ticked the right box, they will have received updates on the charity's work.

I did try and report the fundraiser to GoFundMe to suggest it's closed, but none of the options fit.

View attachment 1638532
Wasn't one of the go fund mes for books? If so the Trussell Trust would be obliged to buy Jack's books with the donation money as that was what the fundraising was for- phrasing it like that it shows how much of a 'you scratch my back I'll scratch yours' Jack has with the Trussell Trust :unsure: :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I don’t disagree with you about Big Dave and ego, but I tend to cut her parents some slack for two simple reasons:

1. they fostered children, which I’d never have the balls or gumption to do myself (plus no spare bedroom but even if I had one I still wouldn’t be brave enough to do it), so massive props there

2. They are parenting a narcissist. I grew up with a narcissist and unless you’ve had that experience it’s really hard to explain how mentally damaging it is, you have to go Grey Rock or NC to survive, I suspect they’ve chosen the former and so have no choice but to let the most unacceptable behaviour pass by uncommented purely to protect their sanity and health. Especially since the mum is disabled.

Personally I feel sorry for her parents as I think Jack has caused them a lot of pain over the years.
I agree with you and feel very sorry for her parents.

Reactions: 22
Wasn't one of the go fund mes for books? If so the Trussell Trust would be obliged to buy Jack's books with the donation money as that was what the fundraising was for- phrasing it like that it shows how much of a 'you scratch my back I'll scratch yours' Jack has with the Trussell Trust :unsure: :confused:
The books fundraiser - money went to Jack, Jack bought her own books, Jack sent the books to the Trussell Trust.

Reactions: 18
I keep meaning to sit my mum (same vintage, same rebuttals when I talk to her about Jack) down to watch Shattered Glass. Free on Amazon Prime UK at the moment for fans of vintage grifters getting their comeuppance.
I am seeing the quote 'even Woodward and Bernstein went out for a burger now and then' in a different light 🤦‍♂️ :ROFLMAO: :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I tried working out a timeline of tattoos while I was scrolling through her insta. But obviously it doesn't go back to the pov era.

The photo posted by colouredlines is, according to Jack, from 2011.
By November 2013 at the latest the skull tattoo has been covered (badly) with the floral piece. Looks like some other stuff has been added on as well?

View attachment 1639264

She posted a picture of this one in September 2012, it's unclear when she got it.

View attachment 1639282

Two stills also from Dec 2013
View attachment 1639267
View attachment 1639269

When I say that the flower cover-up was bad, I mean it was dire.

View attachment 1639287

View attachment 1639304

Not sure how many she started with but by June 2015 she's up to 28 tatts.

View attachment 1639293

She went "on tour" to the USA in August/September 2015 and got this monstrosity. I'd ask her to cover it in professional contexts too.

View attachment 1639303

View attachment 1639294

View attachment 1639295

By April 2016 the skull/rose is covered up again and we are somehow at 40-odd tattoos!

View attachment 1639309

This utter nonsense was made permanent in late 2016.

View attachment 1639313

And then in 2017 she's broke and begging for money again. Makes you think.

I wonder where this poor woman is now, and if she's still a fan.
View attachment 1639316

So bleeping professional, Jack
View attachment 1639318

And last but not least
View attachment 1639319
Jack and potatoes is never not going to bring a smile to my face.
Jack's tattoos are just woeful. I have about 33% of my smol body tattooed so of course I have some badly placed and badly drawn work on me but in my defence I started in 1985, not 2010 when there was an absolutely vibrant and talented tattoo scene already happening.
Like every bandwagon Jack jumps on she's done it half-arsed and it looks dire. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.