Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The "white bread" I'd argue with a little.. I'm assuming they meant fresh from bakery? but your standard packet sliced did a weird thing where it sat years around 42p for branded, 22p for supermarket own, then practically doubled overnight after a "wheat crisis" (maybe 2008?) and never went down again. So a "vbi" will always be difficult in practice.
Oh no I'm sure it will be filled with nuance and context, geopolitical developments over time, and the wider economic picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Shall we take bets on what time Jack will Tweet today? I’m going for 8 pm.

Winner gets a framed and signed Whoops, growler! print.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
That singing clip in the bathroom at the google conference. I’m still cringing. Boulevard. Omg.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She'll claim to have been forced back because there are socks pretending to be her and as she has fought hard for her platform she can't allow this to continue. There will also be a strong hint that one account (the parody) is pretending to be her to scam money. The flying monkeys will be furious and start biting people, everyone will take the piss and I am so getting wine tonight.
I ruddy love a Friday night wine grunk. Strap in, frauen und herren!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I read the new twitter bio, saw the reference to the VBI and then I made this sort of bizarre pterodactyl sound.

She'll have her patreon pay by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm going with a brand new whoops! growler shot for the neckbeards at 9pm.
I’m going for a photo of Jack sat at her desk with her big maths face on and concentrating tongue poking out with pencil in hand and wooden calculator at her side, saying how busy she’s been just finishing off the VBI…at 8.37pm

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’m going with Jack’s hot take of ‘Liz Truss is tit’ given that everyone else has already said it. Along with some ‘poverty leaves scars, let me talk about ME’. It’ll be anything to insert herself-maybe a slop that costs 2p or a baking tray fashioned out of foil she found in a skip. She must be dying to get back given Martin Lewis & others are getting all the attention in her niche.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
F34AA60B-FBCA-485B-BF93-61F554EC4F60.jpeg
This absolutely screams of “I’ve written 7 books, what have you done?” (not even counting the rest of the above, ‘cos is mostly nonsense)

Well Jack, let’s see. In my case, I worked hard at my comprehensive school, got GCSEs, A-Levels, was the first in my family to go to university, got a degree, then earned two more advanced degrees, all from working my arse off, while holding down employment at the same time for companies who appreciated me and my work ethic so much that they bent over backwards to support me in my studies and continued to employ me throughout.

Since then I’ve been employed in several places, all of whom continued to invite me back after I LEFT to give talks and training sessions in my area of expertise. I have also worked very, very hard ‘behind the scenes’ in a volunteer capacity on top of a full time day job on something that absolutely LITERALLY (in a literal sense of the word literal, not a ‘you’ sense) saved two different people’s actual LITERAL lives.

Oh, and I have always earned my own money rather than grifting it and feeling entitled to it for nothing, and I’ve never had to lie and make up appallingly messed up stories to get where I am. I could go on, but you get the point. I’m sure nothing whatsoever there is in any way familiar to you, and I am absolutely delighted to say that we are nothing whatsoever alike.

In fact, your silly new bio actually shows how little you’ve actually done or accomplished, and yet again, makes you look immature, petty and idiotic. You do you, Jack. Not sure how well that’s serving you, mind you, but have at it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.