Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
@BubbleDuck or anybody interested

I had a vague outline in place for scheduling out the Sloppies this year so I had put some dates in that were in my calendar and notes on my phone as a rough guideline - feel free to follow/deviate/throw as much in the bin as you like! Some of them sound a bit bossy sorry they were originally written for future me ive tried to edit them all

28th October - start the category nomination process off - before this date decide if there are any categories that need swapping out (they've aged shockingly well as nothing has changed, but I was toying with adding another category to make it an even 10). If you're happy with categories as is you can skip this step.

2021 categories:
1. Eye of Sauron award (best public appearance)
2. Golden grifty award (most egregious waste of money from someone claiming to be poor)
3. The full moon award (best chaos)
4. The missed deadline award (most urgent item on the wonderful Kent county council Kachoochoo's list )
5. The facetune award (selfie of the year)
6. The Novak Nail award (most entertaining or outrageous lie)
7. Mission Inn Star (slop of the year)
8. Bad Food for Good Days (best Frau recreation of a Jack recipe)
9. The Silver Poca Plate award (the honorary Frau/Herr of the year!)

It gets hard to keep up with the threads in real-time so - If you decide to swap out some categories, or add more, or even have some renamed - an easy way to stay on top of things is ask people to put the word "sloppies" in their posts so you can just search "sloppies" in tattle and sort by date (it's not a word that turns up often in the other threads on this site!)

By around the 7th November I was planning to have the categories nailed down, so I would basically be like "ok, here are this year's categories"

list them all and start letting people make their nominations - last year we asked people to put them in this threadhttps://tattle.life/threads/the-sloppies-nominations.24368/
as it helped keep the main thread free and made my life easier having all the nominations in one place.

Every now and then (say once every day or every 2 days depending how quickly the nominations are coming in) post an update in the main thread of nominations we'd had so far in each category, link to the nominations thread, and the end date when nominations would close

(I had pencilled in Fri 18th November as the end date for nominations as that gave me Saturday and Sunday to put the Google form together and start working on the sloppies website.)

Mon 22nd November - voting opens - post link to the Google form in the main thread and advise end date

Reminders in main thread with link to form every 2/3 days?

(While people were still voting last year I started making the banner images for each category, choosing the colours, font style of the site and basically any of the bits that I could do at this stage - means you don't have to do the whole thing in a mad rush once votes close!)

Thursday 1st December - close the votes

Then give the fraus the option to vote on their preferred day for sloppies from a list of options (put a reaction emoji next to each option. I'd give yourself 2 weeks minimum to finish off the website just to be safe, but if you're more tech savvy and less easily distracted than me you probably won't need that long!)

As well as the website, keep any text you write in a word document - you will want a backup, and sometimes it's nice not to be distracted by the other elements of the website and just focus on writing the text!

There are loads of different website builders out there

I used Adobe spark for 2020 Sloppies but that was a pain as I had to set up an Adobe account (made a burner email for that) and I think it cost me money. I found the options to customise la little imited, but as a total newbie that helped me out I think.

2021 I used Wix, which let me play around with adding more elements, like the Crossword and music. And it was free 👍

I just went to have a look at the sloppies and forgot I'd "tweaked" the title on the site a few months back in an homage to our favourite 2018 time capsule website 😂
Screenshot_20221004_142455.jpg

EDIT: forgot to say! The cut off date for last year was that the nomination must have happened on or after Dec 1st 2020, so that would mean this year's cut off date would be Dec 1st 2021 (ah that's probably why I set the nominations to close on decem 1st as well!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
I don't want to give more airtime to the parody account because this is the Jack thread (no matter how very, very boring she is currently being) but I think we can safely say it's not Jack herself.

parody jack.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 77

Helena Handbasket

Chatty Member
Not any that wouldn't already be known by people with financial concerns.

Watch what you buy.
Do a stock take.
Buy cheaper pasta.
Etc.

I can't think of any thing I've ever found useful and I, in reality, am her target poverty suffering type.
Yeah this is ultimately what boils my piss about her. I can’t think of a single useful thing if you exclude all her bandwagon jumping. She doesn’t watch what she buys-she must splurge every decent payday she gets on puddle finds. Even those seemingly ok tips are still shit. Other than ‘watch what you buy’ but that’s sorted for you by sheer force of you’ve got no money. Thanks Jack.
Stock takes aren’t really useful unless you’ve got cupboards stuffed with tins and packets. Better advice would be to empty, clean and organise, chucking anything out of date as you go and then to get a good basic cookbook and get busy using it up. Stock-taking etc is just procrastination. It’s probably what she does when she knows she should be developing recipes or sending out Patreon framed prints.
Standard pasta is already as cheap as it needs to be. It’s not the answer to poverty-it’s not even good for everyone. Very cheap pasta will just give you tummy ache and will go all flobby. There’s no point. My neighbour from the teeny terrace days told me her mum’s best tip was buy the best tea and bread you can afford because you’ll consume a lot of both when times are hard. Everything Jack does is a false economy and you’re spot on that for anyone truly experiencing hard times she’s less than useless. 😞 😤🤯

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
😂 😂 😂 I’ve found something, and it’s a doozy
“Helped myself to some bread rolls at the big dinner at the G8 summit in 2013”
C5C69144-C2AA-461D-9EDA-E80F395791B8.jpeg

AECB07F2-F3FE-490C-97BA-B4981E016ACB.jpeg

“Stealing food to survive, 2013”

• Haha
  • Wow

emeraldopal

Insta, someone commented "this looks Moroccan" I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. 1) it totally doesn't 2) it has ham in
I think that's a reference to Peep Show where Mark ends up hosting more people than he was expecting and ends up desperately cobbling together some hideous concoction of eggs, baked beans and pasta (I think), and declares it Moroccan. And makes a 'cocktail' with vodka and lettuce. Perhaps Jack turned it on halfway through and thought it was an actual cooking show?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
7DB7D82F-A589-4D33-B791-A9D22A6C6EDA.jpeg
Same article. Even if you’ve lived with Jack’s parents for 13 years (and if I remember correctly but do correct me if I’m wrong, ultimately been adopted by Jack’s parents), it’s heartening to know that Jack does not consider you a part of the family, but still as someone for whom “an extra bit of room around the table” is needed. Long, long after she’s left home herself, having lived in the house with you for some of that time, it’s still “an extra bit of room” rather than your actual place in the family/at the table.

She really does inadvertently give herself away so very often, doesn’t she?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Did anyone else just see the report on the BBC about Tom “Fingers” Kerridge spearheading a campaign to get more children access to free school meals? He was at a primary school chatting to the children about food, they were eating recipes from full time meals. He came over as really warm and friendly, one little boy even ran over to him to give him a fist bump.
This is exactly the sort of thing a person who calls themselves a chef and poverty campaigner should be involved with, but can you imagine Jack doing the same? She’d be Nasally honking at the children while they choked down her recipes and making it all about herself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

Emmapism

VIP Member
To be fair to the commenter, they're right. Nobody cooks like Jack. It's less farm to table and more table to bin

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

jenny2603

VIP Member
No, you're not in the minority - my first thought was the same. I almost felt a bit let down really. Parodying is fine and what have you, but then setting up a Ko-Fi for it and getting people to donate. They then literally ARE asking for money for the content, which is what they said they wouldn't do (even in a round about poking fun at JM way) Nah. Not on really.

Then I started to wonder is this parody account ACTUALLY JM trolling herself, trolling us - and thereby betting another income stream going. Then I gave myself a good talking to and went to make a brew, because my god she's exhausting even when she's not posting much....
From how they've presented it on Twitter I think it's more of a trolling pisstake than anything and I don't see it raising much because they're not really pushing it in that way. I suspect you'll find that I'm probably in the minority in that I really don't care about people having tip jars, I just see it as online busking. Where I get annoyed is when people lie about needing money or giving to charity but someone saying upfront - if you want to support my content, here's the tip jar is fine with me. I kick in the handsome sum of a fiver a month to someone's blog that I really enjoy reading because I want to support their writing and I'm quite happy to do so. I don't feel that I'm being conned, I just see it as offering a small bit of encouragement.

I do think the whole business of online collecting does need looked at as there are clearly bad actors- I just read an article this morning about someone who has raised over $100,000 for various purposes but in part to sue the police over an incident where the alleged victim has changed their story multiple times and their witness contradicts them, then backed out of because the police are now being nice to them. They appear to have spent the money moving to Europe and broadcasting their whereabouts and travel arrangements whilst claiming to be cyber stalked. It's all very Jack on steroids. The law really needs to look at this stuff and there should be an automatic entitlement to a refund when agreement is breached. This might also prevent people setting up tip jars and fundraisers on a whim and failing to consider whether they can deliver on what is promised whether that is perks, some sort of legal action, a charitable purpose or something else.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
I'd completely forgotten about Jack Havisham's wedding dress collection. This is why I love the calms between chaoses, we really get to do a deep dive into the batshittery.

• Haha
Just so you know. I go into my local pizza place and they don’t even ask my name, I don’t know how they recognise me as I don’t have any tattoos.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

threetintender

I apologise in advance for being off topic but I just made the courgette pasta from Stanley Tucci’s recipe (on topic he fully credits who taught him the recipe) and it was fucking epic. I also just costed it. For two, about £5, no tins, no slop, cheap and fantastic, so also on topic there. Just reflecting on previous rage posts I have made, like many others, wondering why JM never mentions or bigs up any other cook / community group despite all the behind the scenes efforts made with damn all to show for it. The last organisation she promoted was Google, from the comfort of her Soho House luxury cabin. Fuckity. That’s the best she can do. Quite glad she has changed the legend on her Twitter profile because the previous one is quite at odds with her stance of things needing to be accessible by all. I know you read this, Jack. Please just stop pretending. People are generally speaking not bastards and you can find a place where you can be happy and not constantly exhausted trying to maintain a status that you know to be bogus.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
Not sure how I feel about them putting out the tip jar tbh.
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
No, you're not in the minority - my first thought was the same. I almost felt a bit let down really. Parodying is fine and what have you, but then setting up a Ko-Fi for it and getting people to donate? They then literally ARE asking for money for the content, which is what they said they wouldn't do (even in a round about poking fun at JM way) Nah. Not on really.

Then I started to wonder is this parody account ACTUALLY JM trolling herself, trolling us - and thereby getting another income stream going. Then I gave myself a good talking to and went to make a brew, because my god she's exhausting even when she's not posting much....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

LadyGarden

VIP Member
Morning ninnies.

Pompous Circus squig sounds like they had a tough time but theydefinitely look old enough to have known what arguing on the internet can be like if you aren't careful. Presumably they were posting in their own (rather unusual) name hence others being able to set up accounts in the same name. "I was quite outspoken" usually translates to 'I acted like a gobby, argumentative cunt (a bit like Jack). Not an excuse for trolling someone but we all have to take responsibility for own online safety. If you're going to argue with right wingers online whilst clearly identifying who you are then you need to understand that they might, just might, act in a vindictive way. Hopefully he has learned to be more circumspect because I'd imagine it was a horrible thing to go though.

1664962949757.png

Follower scores on the doors

Since Monday (Report This Account Day):

Parody Jack has gained 1676 followers

Other Jack has lost 851 followers (as well as - 828 followers on Instagram)

1664963998309.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70