Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moreover, if you combined the cost of all the Cotsworld sideboards, extra iPhones, Dyson fans and so forth, she probably would be about 1/3 of the way to a 10% deposit for a 2 bedroom flat somewhere. She could even use help to buy/first time buyer schemes. My friend recently bought a lovely house where the council own 30% of it (and she and her partner are salaried at around £20k p/a each).

I've not been on benefits myself but I'm genuinely curious if this would impact your credit rating to the extent JM says - i.e. she can't get a mortgage? She never talks about being in debt when she went through poverty, just about having no ingoings. I may be totally wrong here, but just wondering.
No, no no no. Not at all, this is utter bollocks and shows her lack of genuine understanding & experience & tbh it's probably more damaging for low income families to say this tit rather than empowering people to try to manage their credit profiles well?? Your credit rating doesn't really matter in this country as each bureau calculates it differently & each lender has diff criteria, but your report is basically a 6-year view back (outside of anything mega like a bankruptcy) and her benefits history is so far in the past, it won't even be contained within that. Obviously if she was still paying down a huge credit card or loan, it would report on that, but if you've got money for Cotswold Company & multiple phones then that stuff should all be handled years ago now so would have very little impact? You can build good credit from negative/nothing in a few years easy.

If she claims it's because of her haphazard income streams that's also a lie, I'm happy to go into edge case lending if it's relevant to anyone cos we went through that hell ourselves (it's not that bad tbh, like I clocked how privilege is SO real when it comes to money going through that whole process). But fundamentally she's clearly incapable of budgeting or saving for anything, probs waiting to inherit the empire init !

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why does she think Harper Collins give a duck? Does she really think they're going to come on Twitter and engage with her? If they do nothing, this will go away on its own - he's sold over 30 million books!?

Also, she does understand DW isn't running that Twitter account, right? He's not sat in his basement raging about this...it's just a corporate account.

Quite, quite mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So she didn't already know her 10 year old disliked coriander? Also if you dislike coriander you should not be someone who has based their entire cooking career around making curries! FIND ANOTHER NICHE! Preferably a niche that involves bleeping off with the power of a thousand suns.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
O
Here's what she said about her last sponsor/AA when she was here. Thread 31, post 549.

View attachment 174689
It isn’t impossible that she maybe approached someone she knew from the good old days of pre-lockdown meetings over the last couple of weeks and asked them to take her through the Steps...but I’m Mrs Skeptismo and I don’t believe it.

The person who posted recommending she do a a Step 10 was a bit odd and made me think they legitimately thought she had undertaken the Steps already. Maybe they were assuming but it’s risky - a person at Step 2 wouldn’t do a Step 10 so it’s good advice, but not for everyone.

I know what I would recommend if I was her sponsor....but that relationship always depends on the person being completely honest. And willing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She moans about her crap credit rating and not being able to get a mortgage, but can spunk the best part of £3,000 on a Smeg fridge. Her own poor choices are to blame for her failure to own her home.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
For what it’s worth, seeing how she is on tv (meek little mouse) I doubt very much she went through SB’s bookcase, throwing things over her shoulder in a frenzy. She’s all talk and bluster on the internet, but in real life, she looks scared of her own shadow. I don’t doubt she’s a great mum, she just needs to maybe watch what it will be like for her kid when he’s at secondary school and his friends are likely to be harsher

Reactions: 24
She must have defaulted on a lot of payments to wreck her credit rating

I would assume it was from the time she was unemployed. I’m on UC just now and my credit rating is excellent. Even when I’ve been skint I’ve made sure I’ve not defaulted on anything.

She went from earning 27k to being on WTC so I assume she had bills she simply could not pay.

I do remember her saying she couldn’t even get a mobile phone contract. I don’t know how many years it takes to repair a poor credit rating? Maybe 7?

Yeah it is 7 before negative information drops off your file. You can also take steps to repair your credit rating. Not having too much available credit on cards is one way.

You can also get a credit card for people with poor credit and if you make small purchases and always pay the bill on time that would also help repair the credit score.
But then she also said she wrote her blog (while living with no heating etc) Ona (presumably smart ) fone

Reactions: 9
She's claiming here to not be able to get a mortgage because she's 'financially invisible' (probably helps if you file your taxes, Jack, also - how much did they pay you for this ad?)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
I am really sorry about this, because I know I posted about her being sectioned and I don't like that I made you uncomfortable.

I do believe that Jack isn't effectively managing her own health (physical and mental) at the moment, and I stand by what I said that during her late night tweeting she would have benefitted from medical intervention. When she was tweeting pictures of potentially fatal amounts of drugs and saying "not OK" over and over, I do believe that an assessment was urgently needed and if getting her in on a section was the only way to do that, it would have been entirely justified. I wouldn't throw around the mention of sectioning lightly, and fully accept that not everyone would agree. In my work I will always err on the side of caution, as I'd much rather see someone spend 2 hours being assessed under section than stand in a coroners court feeling like I could have done more, so maybe I seem trigger happy here but I assure you it's with the best intentions and I do apologise for making you (and anyone else) uncomfortable.
Grunka, much love, we have different views on this and that's fine. Thank god there's no cancel culture here. Just friendly discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
O

It isn’t impossible that she maybe approached someone she knew from the good old days of pre-lockdown meetings over the last couple of weeks and asked them to take her through the Steps...but I’m Mrs Skeptismo and I don’t believe it.

The person who posted recommending she do a a Step 10 was a bit odd and made me think they legitimately thought she had undertaken the Steps already. Maybe they were assuming but it’s risky - a person at Step 2 wouldn’t do a Step 10 so it’s good advice, but not for everyone.

I know what I would recommend if I was her sponsor....but that relationship always depends on the person being completely honest. And willing.
"Completely honest" *insert my overused trying not to laugh gif here*

Agreed & the problem is, she's talking the talk on Twitter so a casual passer by would believe she's coming up to 2 years sober and doing fantastically. JM's right in that we know a LOT more about her than the average person because we've got fraus compiling print screens from Twitter, deleted print screens, archived blogs, Instagram posts, Instagram stories, etc, etc. The average person won't have that much exposure to see the 0.6% ABV beer, the comment underneath her pic about embarrassing herself at a show because she was drunk, the champagne story, blah blah blah. So they'd think that she's where she presents herself and make tips based upon it, it's funny cos it's a beautiful illustration as to why honesty is so absolutely imperative to recovery isn't it. I just hope she has the decency to stay away from newcomers & helping others, thankfully she's so BUSY that'll likely keep them protected.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Again showing she doesn't give a flying duck about anyone else's feelings or MH, so long as she gets her kicks/attention.

If she read his autobiography she would know he's suffered with his MH significantly over the years and so an assassination of the likes she is engaging in, one that could affect his future career could cause him serious harm.

But no you carry on Jack. As long as you're OK.

Your kitten isn't. Take it to the vet.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She thinks what she’s done over the last two days is ok? This is her doing better is it?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
She's claiming here to not be able to get a mortgage because she's 'financially invisible' (probably helps if you file your taxes, Jack, also - how much did they pay you for this ad?)
Why did they choose a white woman for this campaign? Realistically the majority of the 'financially invisible' will be people from BAME communities, not someone who probably had junior savings accounts and got bought NS&I bonds for birthdays lmaooo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
She's still reposting that image comparing characters' skin tones, where she's altered the lighting between the pages.

Edit: and she's tagged Harper Collins in it

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.