Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An autistic person would not have as many inconsistencies and outright lies in their back story, or indeed about their own alleged diagnosis. A compulsive liar would.

ETA. I am actually verifiably autistic, having gone through a very long referral process. I know what the duck I'm talking about.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
You can go via NHS, known of people who have gone there, but if she was with her well-off ex it’s more likely she paid?
To get a referral to a private facility is incredibly difficult though, and would have taken a lot of social and health workers advocating for her for a sustained period of time. From what I know she’d have had to have gone to day treatments and all that lot beforehand, it’s sort of a last chance saloon sort of deal not just a nice lil paid for retreat. She’d have been more likely to get shipped up north to a public service if it was through NHS, rather than just coincidentally landing in the most well known treatment centre in the country. Makes sense Allegra would have helped though.

Reactions: 25
I just want to know where her pokey village in Southend is. Ive lived in Southend my whole life, i dont know of anywhere you would describe as a pokey village🙄🙄🙄
The only "Village" in Southend is "Southchurch Village" 😁 however considering you can get from Shoebury to Hadleigh in about 20 minutes with every conceivable type of shop along the way, I was bemused with that post too!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s so clear that neither Jack nor her fans have any idea about corporate PR or business social media etiquette.

The first rule for businesses is to never engage in a public slanging match with an aggrieved (perceived or otherwise) party, and if potentially brand damaging allegations have been made, you certainly don’t seek to make corrections on such a volatile - and public - platform.

Harper Collins is acting exactly as you’d expect any multinational brand to behave.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Just to add about the credit info. 15 odd years ago mine was trashed because I couldn’t pay my bills and they all registered as defaults. It took about six months for my great credit to crash and burn into awfulness. It was a terrible, horrific time and forms part of the basis as to why I DID admire Jack.

Being on Benefits played no part - in fact, part of my financial recuperation actually involved applying for what was then Family Credit as I had no idea I was entitled to it, due to being a deserted single parent on a part time wage. Then I got some help with council tax - which was actually the big bill that tipped me over the edge and into potential court appearance.....and I went through a lot of Money Saving Expert tips, to the point of obsessiveness. It took about 3 or so years to get debt free and I celebrated by applying for a Halifax credit card which was accepted. (I pay it off every month, when used - which is rarely).

Moving around is very bad. Not being on the Electoral Register is also bad. Defaults are bad. Benefit claiming in and of itself, is not part of any credit check that I am aware of and doesn’t preclude you from credit - although many institutions will not allow most benefits to be included in any income calculations. Self employment can cause issues because some will under-declare earnings to avoid higher tax costs if they can, which of course then ensures you can’t inflate the income for credit purposes without raising an eyebrow.

PS. Got my name on a mortgage 7 years ago - saved a lot and was carefully managing my credit file until it was gleaming. Did not buy any brand new, high end white goods, or fancy sideboards. My kids security came first.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
It’s so clear that neither Jack nor her fans have any idea about corporate PR or business social media etiquette.

The first rule for businesses is to never engage in a public slanging match with an aggrieved (perceived or otherwise) party, and if potentially brand damaging allegations have been made, you certainly don’t seek to make corrections on such a volatile - and public - platform.

Harper Collins is acting exactly as you’d expect any multinational brand to behave.
But she's a celebrity! Why wouldn't they respond to her every whining tweet?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jumped ship from fod. Hello fellow fodsters 🙌 Off to catch up. I used to be an avid follower on here but looking back it was probably on thread 3! Still read boot strap cook as strap on cock (it must be my old eyes 👵)
Nice to see you here Gem!
By the way, @GrunkaLunka - your user name has been mentioned, explained AND subsequently used as a verb at least a couple of times in the SODs threads.

Fame and notoriety right there and you didn’t even have to get on your sideboard in a girdle for it ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack Monroe? Integrity?

View attachment 174745
They didn't call you a liar Jack, they haven't even acknowledged you.

The sooner you stop thinking you are relevant and have any influence at all (even Tattle realised this hence the move to blogger) and realise you are more akin to a fart in a hurricane, the better. For everyone.

Take the kitten to the vet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
No, no no no. Not at all, this is utter bollocks and shows her lack of genuine understanding & experience & tbh it's probably more damaging for low income families to say this tit rather than empowering people to try to manage their credit profiles well?? Your credit rating doesn't really matter in this country as each bureau calculates it differently & each lender has diff criteria, but your report is basically a 6-year view back (outside of anything mega like a bankruptcy) and her benefits history is so far in the past, it won't even be contained within that. Obviously if she was still paying down a huge credit card or loan, it would report on that, but if you've got money for Cotswold Company & multiple phones then that stuff should all be handled years ago now so would have very little impact? You can build good credit from negative/nothing in a few years easy.

If she claims it's because of her haphazard income streams that's also a lie, I'm happy to go into edge case lending if it's relevant to anyone cos we went through that hell ourselves (it's not that bad tbh, like I clocked how privilege is SO real when it comes to money going through that whole process). But fundamentally she's clearly incapable of budgeting or saving for anything, probs waiting to inherit the empire init !
Thank you for explaining, that makes total sense! I thought it didn't add up.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.