Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning Fraus. Well, what a day that was, eh? Thought when I peaked this was going to be another 48 pages, I’m delighted it’s only 3 (so far).

Do I think she will crank up today and start again?
Yes, absoTutleagely!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Good Morning Fraus. Not posted much as, quite frankly, I can’t keep up! Well, what can I say that’s not already been said? What an actual tit show. She’s NOT ok. In fact she’s a hypocritical, triggery, out of control piece of tit. Why do people like this always get away with being utter c*nts? This world is so uneven 😕

Reactions: 31
I was going to ask about this - is it normal to be in contact with your sponsor to such an extent? Or is she suggesting she's worried about relapsing and needs extra support?
I don't imagine she even has one. From what I know about AA, she is absolutely not working her program. Not one bit. It's more bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just had a rando cat (I don't own a cat) get all up in my NICHE while I'm doing my morning Grunka. Quick, let me just whip off my dressing gown and I'll have a thirsty video for you fraus in no time!
DSCPDC_0002_BURST20200707091150074_COVER.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I see Mumsnet now has a thread on this debacle. Not too many fans of Jack over there!
(It references the Jamie Oliver business and also mentions us - though not by name.)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't imagine she even has one. From what I know about AA, she is absolutely not working her program. Not one bit. It's more bullshit
Pretty sure she said she didn’t on thread 31! A very quick turnaround if so. Almost unbelievable....

Reactions: 17
Jack tweeted this: " I was six years old when the song *st *lbs was released by the Manic Street Preachers. I heard it on the radio"

The song was never released as a single. It was a song on the album "The Holy Bible", that's all. So why would it be played on the radio? At the time it was seen as a controversial song with its lyrics - so it would not be given radio play.

Just MORE LIES from Jack. She can't stop.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Morning you coven of fraus!

She really is a piece of work isn't she. I wonder what bullshit she will cook up today. Is it too much to hope that she will finally take her wee kitten to the vet?

On the issue of what kids should or shouldn't be reading, all this doo da reminds me of an old Simpsons episode where Marge watches Itchy&Scatchy and is horrified by the violent content. She then campaigns for it to be nicer and is successful - the result is a boring bland mess that nobody watches.

Perhaps theres a lesson in there?

Also, edited cos I posted too soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
My experience of liars is that they love adding detail. Why not just say ‘I was a child’ why mention your specific age and what you were doing?

Reactions: 30
Plus the story is quite similar to those told by our fellow fraus last night about Bridget Jones, isn't it? Interesting...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
So a little update after my comments to her yesterday. Her troops didn’t come for me to hard, possibly because I didn’t engage with them at all. I was told to grow up, that I am entitled, that I was pathetic, that I should leave Twitter and that I don’t know how the internet works. No biggie BUT my goodness the notifications. Even now nearly 24 hours later the notifications continue. Her replies to me have over 100 likes each, the rude replies to me about the same. Very passive aggressive of them all but I survived and would have slept well if I didn’t have a 7 month old. 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
We all know that she reeeeeeeeaaaallllly wants to be part of the coven. She even tried (unsuccessfully, and then wouldn’t go. Shan’t!).
That’s why she’s so disparaging of us, referring to us as coven, cabal. She used the term ‘Your honour’ and ‘Nims’ ☹
She wants IN.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Morning you coven of fraus!

She really is a piece of work isn't she. I wonder what bullshit she will cook up today. Is it too much to hope that she will finally take her wee kitten to the vet?

On the issue of what kids should or shouldn't be reading, all this doo da reminds me of an old Simpsons episode where Marge watches Itchy&Scatchy and is horrified by the violent content. She then campaigns for it to be nicer and is successful - the result is nothing, bland
Like that ep of Black Mirror where the child has the filter and ends up with no emotional response to things. There is absolutely (!) a middle ground, and I am often overly sensitive of my own child’s influences with games and films and things compared to their friends but I am slowly letting go of the apron strings. It’s a normal stage of parenthood around that age and it’s hard, I sympathise.

Or I would, if it were actually about that. As everyone else has agreed, DW’s books may well further some harmful stereotypes, sure, but on the whole the baddies are clear. We are getting there, slowly, but nothing is perfect. Imagine a kids book being published about a boy who likes dresses even 20 years ago, regardless of who wrote it?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Morning Fraus!

Is it safe to come out yet?

We all know that she reeeeeeeeaaaallllly wants to be part of the coven. She even tried (unsuccessfully, and then wouldn’t go. Shan’t!).
That’s why she’s so disparaging of us, referring to us as coven, cabal. She used the term ‘Your honour’ and ‘Nims’ ☹
She wants IN.
I've thought this a lot too, @Pocahontas. She's so desperate to 'belong' and be in a gang and I think it genuinely upsets her that we swiftly rejected her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
So relieved I went to bed early and missed last nights frantic tweet show as I would never have got to bed. Reading through last nights tweets though, am I right in thinking that she has started this campaign about DW after only reading one of his books? And now she's into the second or third one? That's a lot of expertise and twitter content on a very minimal amount of knowledge. Also, all I see her doing is rehashing the books, not much critical analysis there, unless you count bringing it back to herself all the time. As someone else said, why not take the time to read the books, form an opinion and write a considered blog post. Oh I know why, it doesn't get the immediate attention she's craving.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
And like someone else said earlier - her high and mighty tearing apart of the books is only going to make all the parents / family / friends who bought them for the kids in their lives feel tit about buying them, for not having her ‘integrity’ (if they could give two HOOTS)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
My son has some DW books, I’m not a fan mostly because I’m squeamish. (ever tried reading the Demon Dentist? 🤢)
We have Billionaire boy and the moral of the story Is being rich isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and all that matters is his connection with his Dad and his real friends.

There are many ways in which you could pick this apart and choose to be offended by it if you’re a JM type. But for the majority of us who don’t get off on tearing others apart it offers lots of topics for gentle debate and discussion.
you know, discussions we could be having with our kids away from twitter.
Working class stereotypes, rich stereotypes, poor people not happy being poor, rich not happy being rich. I personally would argue that it does more to enforce that rich equals bad than anything else, but it depends on your personal viewpoints.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That's interesting about Mumsnet because threads got zapped in the past if they were too critical of JM. She's the type that would threaten to sue and they are wary of that from past experience. But this time, I sense they aren't too bothered anymore!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.