Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I'm just going to sit out in the sun to eat this while you wash up, Jack darling..." [throws contents of bowl over neighbour's fence]
Somewhere, out there, I chuckle and like to imagine on a 20 mile bike ride, is a bin which has a patch of oats sprouting/growing right next to it...😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I haven’t read much of this. I got half way through the potatoes one (I thought she didn’t like potatoes. Why is it always about potatoes? Am *I* a potato now?) and this leapt out at me View attachment 1620958
because she DID make herself deliberately unemployed. She handed her notice in which was a blatant attempt at making them give her what she wanted and, I suspect because she’d already made a PITA of herself about traaaaahzers, they happily accepted and refused to accept her withdrawal of resignation. They probably have her a boot up the arse on her way out too. But this is another attempt at making herself look like a victim rather than someone who has made a series of poor life choices and then had to shoulder the consequences.
But as anyone with any interest or knowledge of the benefits system knows that isn't how it works or how it worked in 2012.

That article is just a series of lies,fantasies and half-truths.

Eta And if you come for one of Jack's family, you come for all of them. Except Jack's older brother. Jack doesn't talk to him. Probably because he is Big Dave's favourite.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Oh sweet LJC, my OH (I wish he had LEFT after this) absolutely Monroed our potatoes 😭
66C4FCBD-288A-4F68-96BD-59C14754F982.jpeg

To make matters worse he says HE LIKES THEM LIKE THAT.

In other news, do we think Jack put the moves on Arcade man and got the I like you but not like that speech? She did look quite…skimpily attired that evening!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
But as anyone with any interest or knowledge of the benefits system knows that isn't how it works or how it worked in 2012.

That article is just a series of lies,fantasies and half-truths.

Eta And if you come for one of Jack's family, you come for all of them. Except Jack's older brother. Jack doesn't talk to him. Probably because he is Big Dave's favourite.
There's a recent photo of them stood next to each other on Big Dave's Facebook and it's so awkward 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I think that's one of the stories that would be interesting. Why do people give without return ? Defend reprehensible behaviour and be so vicious on SM ? Over someone who has done nothing of benefit for anyone, least of all them personally ? If a journalist did a piece about aspects of SM that enable charlatans to do what they do to a massive audience and not be called to account because of the cultural norms nowadays because it's not acceptable to question certain people.
Not explained well. I can't express like my mind thinks.
Agreed. I think this is fascinating too.

Reactions: 20
I’ve said this for a while, I reckon there would need to be a much bigger scandal than anything Jack has done (bad as it is, it’s not millions of pounds of fraud or selling fake cancer cures) for any MM to take the risk of publishing an expose on her. No decent journalist would touch this with a barge pole, it’s far too dangerous and she’s not famous enough or done enough for the less decent media to think it’s worth the risk.
Yeah also, I think Jack's earlier stuff was OK, I often see people commenting on social media that they found her recipes useful when they were students. I think even some fraus have mentioned that her first book at least was basically OK. So there's some lingering goodwill there from people who remember her just as someone who makes cheap recipes and campaigns for poor people.

And the egregious stuff like teemill and PayPal can be written off in people's heads because she's been pretty clear that she struggles with Adhd and mental health issues so they feel sorry for her and assume that people who donate for this stuff are doing it to help her anyway so what's the harm?

Honestly even I occasionally feel a bit sorry for her, all that enthusiastic promise stuff like the Very Basic Information index and ooh I'll do postcards of recipes for my patrons makes me cringe because I suffer from executive dysfunction myself and when things start piling up the instinct is definitely to ignore and hide and just grow increasingly stressed over the procrastination and it is just truly awful. Where I lose sympathy is that she could definitely have paused Patreon charges for a while (lots of creators I support do it for a while when they can't commit to their rewards for a while, it's definitely supported by the platform).

Also she is shocking with money, like truly shocking. I know some of her partners were wealthy so maybe she didn't buy all the expensive furniture on her own but she's actually drifting into hoarder territory now. Maybe a downsize will actually be helpful.

Long story short, I wish she'd go back to posting mad stuff like making Bath bombs from table salt which I could just enjoy untroubled by worrying that she might have an actual breakdown

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I'm starting to forget what decent roast potatoes look like. The atrocities we've seen in the past 7 days.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
The groomer has caved and apologised/ tried to justify her actions. I’m feeling a slight waft of Monroe in these posts. You don’t think.. it was JM all along? After all the inception of the FD acc was after Content post? Did she create her own chaos to liven a snowy night in Southend?

Makes you think
That was my thought too after seeing the carnage on Instagram over the past 24 hours; particularly as she deleted all the other detractors to leave just this one for a pile on followed by a massive gravelly apology. All felt very contrived & twas the main reason I converted from previous Tattle “lurker in the shadows” to Tattle member in full blown technicolour 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Evening nefarious ninnies! Loved my little catch-up this evening, ~youse~ are all on fire this weekend! 😁 I see Jack Monroe grifter is displaying the same snotty narc attitude on Instagram as that which was so loved and admired on Twatter. Nothing changes. Good of her to🔺her regular coffee shop, silly mare! :rolleyes: Good, also, that she can afford to visit it thrice weekly! Wonder if she takes a "poor" with her, to feed her narc save their souls. :rolleyes:

Spoilering 'cause Patreon.
Hi Jack! What was that you were saying about "most" of your patrons paying £1 a month, hmm? 🤓

First time I've scrolled through the posts on her Patreon front page. I know this will have been posted here before but it caught my eye. 20 comments - wonder if they were all by "$8" patrons?:unsure: Would really like to know her total income but I guess we never will. #topsecretgrifting

PS we (not me, other people who are much clevererererer than I am) need to stop giving her ideas on what to say to her patrons because you can bet your bottom dollar she'd a) steal them and b) never be able to think of them herself! :poop:

IMG_0289.JPG

She is showing as 704 for me, think someone already mentioned that. I do hope it's just people joining at a quid to read the comments, not that I would - she isn't getting a penny out of me.

Reactions: 27
I haven’t read much of this. I got half way through the potatoes one (I thought she didn’t like potatoes. Why is it always about potatoes? Am *I* a potato now?) and this leapt out at me View attachment 1620958
because she DID make herself deliberately unemployed. She handed her notice in which was a blatant attempt at making them give her what she wanted and, I suspect because she’d already made a PITA of herself about traaaaahzers, they happily accepted and refused to accept her withdrawal of resignation. They probably have her a boot up the arse on her way out too. But this is another attempt at making herself look like a victim rather than someone who has made a series of poor life choices and then had to shoulder the consequences.
Wait. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t how HB worked. There was always some delay to benefits if you’d voluntarily left a job as you were expected to have a final pay in that time. If not then emergency benefits were there. (paltry but in existence) I had to claim HB for a bit and I had children and had essentially put myself in the position of needing it and I wasn’t denied it! Despite my own experience and then my experiences working with people claiming benefits I just don’t ever recognise anything she says as true.
I do know that the housing would say you made yourself ‘intentionally homeless’ if you stopped paying rent and were evicted. If the reason you’d stopped paying rent was that you’d left your job voluntarily (and not claimed benefits in time to cover it or at least assure your landlord a claim was in) then yes-the council would say that. I always think beneath every one of her stories there’s a more accurate story where she doesn’t look quite as hard done by.

Reactions: 26
Team, wtf. I’ve only just noticed how many bloody times roast potatoes actually appear on JMs insta. And each one more anaemic than the last. Who could have predicted that these barsterds would be her downfall. What a mad world we live in

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Oh, the dog was just one of many dear heart - I saw it unfold in real time every day. I confess I didn't eat breakfast on those days!
View attachment 1620538View attachment 1620539View attachment 1620540View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
Oh, the dog was just one of many dear heart - I saw it unfold in real time every day. I confess I didn't eat breakfast on those days!
View attachment 1620538View attachment 1620539View attachment 1620540View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
Are these meant to be food for humans to eat? The grains look like the animal food we buy at the farm to give the goats

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Are these meant to be food for humans to eat? The grains look like the animal food we buy at the farm to give the goats
Potential quote for her next book? ‘Looks like our sort of food’ - The Prissypaws-Gruffs

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Even though I’ve seen the the departed pet breakfast bowls before, every time someone posts one I experience the whole WTAF?! full body recoil reaction like I did the first time. I will never ever understand what the hell Jack’s thinking was with this. It’s sinister AF.
Just when I think I’ve seen it all I see these monstrosities. The dog reference made me think this was actually a dog’s breakfast instead of just looking like one. She’s truly psychotic. I’d be climbing out of the window if I was presented breakfast a la my childhood dog on food colouring slop and oats. Then to post it on the interweb for all to see. What if aliens land and that’s what they see first? She’s going to get us all killed. 😰 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Team, wtf. I’ve only just noticed how many bloody times roast potatoes actually appear on JMs insta. And each one more anaemic than the last. Who could have predicted that these barsterds would be her downfall. What a mad world we live in
What on earth is going on with the first ones? They look covered in white stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.