Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still too much. She cycled to work with it sloshing about in her tummy. Miles and miles away. You can bet that she couldn't leave the house until it had all gone because, well easy life and consequences.
"I'm just going to sit out in the sun to eat this while you wash up, Jack darling..." [throws contents of bowl over neighbour's fence]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
And why do they always recommend growing potatoes? They're one of the cheapest foods you can buy! Growing root veg is so pointless, better off having a few herbs on a windowsill.
This! Apart from the fact that it's unlikely you'll be able to be self sufficient, growing potatoes/carrots etc really isn't worth it because they're cheap. I grow strawberries and some tomatoes, about to plant a type of tenderstem broccoli to see if can grow them. I am under no delusions I'll make a dent in the food shop. But if you are Poor, you have to show willing. Obvs.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Has it been noticed that she no longer follows her bodyguard friend from the gig, on either of his accounts?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 111
Oh do piss off Jack. ''Multiple protracted, painful, distressing and absolutely horrific intrusion and investigation.'' 🙄🙄🙄 These agencies don't operate on 'guilty until proven innocent', they don't keep files on you for the rest of your life, and no you don't have to live like this, you giant waffle.

I think what is a painful and distressing intrusion is when a complete stranger contacts someone's workplace and leaves bad reviews of their business, just because that person politely disagreed with one of Saint Jack Monroe's tweets. It's intrusive to threaten to 'triangulate' people because they don't like your cooking. It's horrific to neglect animals and hoard money that people have sent you in good faith, thinking it's going to a good cause when in fact it's being spent on lip filler and baubles. It's immoral to deceive & gaslight your followers when they have doubts about the truth of what you're saying. It's also horrific to turn the deaths of people you didn't know (Grenfell, for example) into sensationalist stories to boost your own ego. Totally shameless narcissist. Get offline & sort your life out.

That was harsh but I have no time for her today, especially after reading all of the worrying pet stories and being reminded of the way she drags her son into every inappropriate thing she does. I can't stand the fact that she has the nerve to post cheerful insta pics of her radioactive teeth while taking people's money for doing absolutely nothing. Ugh. I'm off to have a sandwich.
Thank you and I get where you're coming from. Her FMs don't like the apology that the fluffy groomer made because groomer said that their obsessive personality led them to pursue the matter further than was good. FMs say that blaming OCD for the posts is a cop out and doesn't excuse the behavior. Unless one is Saint Jack of Boiled Soap. bleeping vile.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
While Jack is quiet -

I see a lot of people repeating the claim that Louisa paid for the dayhab. I'm pretty sure this is just canal lore with no proof. Jack disappeared from Twitter for a bit, then posted a selfie in a "happy place" around the time dayhab started. Some Frauen assumed it was Louisa's flat (they had broken up at this time). I don't think we ever had any evidence for that, though - if I'm wrong, correct me.

Not a huge deal in the great scheme of things, but the dayhab could just as well have been paid for by Jack's parents...or, indeed, by Jack herself, using all that money she earned in 2020 from the BBC, Hellmann's, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
This! Apart from the fact that it's unlikely you'll be able to be self sufficient, growing potatoes/carrots etc really isn't worth it because they're cheap. I grow strawberries and some tomatoes, about to plant a type of tenderstem broccoli to see if can grow them. I am under no delusions I'll make a dent in the food shop. But if you are Poor, you have to show willing. Obvs.
Totally agree. I grew a full raised bed of peas in the summer and the resulting 'harvest' was a side with 8 or so family meals. Or £3 in a bag of Birds Eye maybe. Growing your own is fun but unless you have a few acres it's hardly self-sustaining.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
"I'm just going to sit out in the sun to eat this whole you wash up, Jack darling..." [throws contents of bowl over neighbour's fence]
Neighbourhood FB Group:
‘You’ll never guess what She did! A bowl of funny cement was thrown over the fence! My Harry said he’d redo the pointing on the bricks with it but I said don’t you dare touch anything from that grubby hussy. Reminder to all that the charity coffee morning will be at ours on Wednesday at 11am. Don’t worry you won’t have to avoid Her, she’s never up before Noon. Barb xxxxx’

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I agree that I don’t think she’s high profile enough for the big news outlets. Outside of Twitter people mainly just have vague memories of her as someone who writes/once wrote cookbooks for people on a budget, if they’ve heard of her at all. She hasn’t published anything for years, and when she did it got barely any interest. Added to that she’s got the ‘protection’ of the vocal left wingers on Twitter, and people vaguely just assume that she ‘means well’, so I don’t think there’s going to be a massive expose.
IME these kinds of cover-ups or redirection don't always need a formal business connection. Somebody at one company knows someone at another company from school, through a club or association, gets wind of what's coming down, and phones up their acquaintance: "hey, mate, heard you're doing some investigation into [name], yeah, they've done some dodgy stuff but they're going through a tough time and trying to get themselves together, think you could hold off for a bit and give them a chance?" Sometines that's all it takes.

Also, from this overseas frau's perspective - when the pound is crashing, seniors are freezing because energy costs are going through the roof, food prices are rocketing up etc, it may not be a good look right now to go after someone who built their brand on being a poor and advocating for the poors. No matter how sleazy their actions have been.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I can still see it?

I'm (still) a bit baffled why Jack thinks she has to reply. I shouldn't be anymore yet I am. No other blue tick I follow engages with negative comments publicly. No need to attend every argument you are invited to! I also do not believe the council, RSPCA and police all talk to each other about all these reports. They don't have the resource if nothing else.
Of course they all get together to talk about Jack! It's part of the right wing conspiracy to bring down such an effective campaigner for the poor and edgy fashion symbol. These agencies don't get together for any other reason. Just to bring Jack down. She's too much for just the RSPCA to destroy. She requires a fully coordinated multi agency task force to stop her powerful advocacy. Or something. Sarcasm, off.

The owner of a particular dog cafe in a certain area of Essex bears a striking resemblance to the guy at the Arcade Fire concert.
So someone's fur is indeed getting ruffled.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Mind the time she wanted to call social services on a young mum in a beer garden? #neverforget

It's the way she was so confident that people wouldn't be able to triangulate it, while simultaneously basically telling us exactly which one it is??
Is that like Schroedinger’s cafe?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Exactly! My tenants (really my DEAD relative's but you know) have a greenhouse, veg patch, all the pots and gardening tools they could possibly need and they grow like, chillies and stuff 🤣 They're in a position that these twats think all Poors (not that they're actually poor, they just rent) should dream of but even with most of the initial cost removed it's never going to be anything more than a nice hobby.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Also, see Boris.
“I’ve got a brilliant new strategy which is to make so many gaffes, that no one knows what to concentrate on,” Mr Johnson said.
“You pepper the media with so many gaffes that they are confused.”

I was thinking about the squig on Patreon(?) who said that they were happy not to have any rewards, because they just want to support her. And yeah, that's fine, but do you speak for all 699↕ others or for future patrons that join? If that's the deal, then it needs to be agreed and stated as such. "Pay £3.50-£44 a month for the satisfaction of knowing you're enabling me to do my work (which I won't give you any extra insight into or acknowledge, let alone show gratitude for)."
If this was the case, I wish they’d just get ‘I’m a gullible brown noser’ tattooed on their forehead. Went into town yeasterday and met a lovely homeless girl who was feeding pigeons. Really gentle and sweet-the fact that Jack is taking money to wank on John Lewis knobs when people like that are literally living on the streets boils my blood.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I have caught up by reading most liked posts on the last thread and this one and am still confused. The dogs hair did look like it needed grooming but nothing insanely neglected right? And since she posted the video (which I couldn't see cos I don't have Instagram) then a simple brush was enough to fix it? So why did she lose the rag over it? Like a simple "gosh yeah she gets like this after a walk in the rain, she's brushed now!" or something and I think the squig would have been appeased and it would have been a reasonably lighthearted SM interaction. Even throw in some the ADHD "oh I let things pile up too much" stuff to garner a little sympathy. Basically the only thing she actually does in her "activism" is SM so I don't understand how she's so bad at it!

Reactions: 35
IME these kinds of cover-ups or redirection don't always need a formal business connection. Somebody at one company knows someone at another company from school, through a club or association, gets wind of what's coming down, and phones up their acquaintance: "hey, mate, heard you're doing some investigation into [name], yeah, they've done some dodgy stuff but they're going through a tough time and trying to get themselves together, think you could hold off for a bit and give them a chance?" Sometines that's all it takes.
BIB. It's the Caroline Flack effect. The media were accused of hounding her to her death so I doubt they will take the risk with someone clearly as unhinged as Jack. She's always breadcrumbing potential suicide with her weaselly turn of phrase.

I very much doubt any large media outlets will be willing to expose the grifter on that basis 'just in case'.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Years ago I came across a forum full of people who believed they were victims of gang stalking. They all very clearly had serious mental health issues. The way they wrote about their experiences, taking every single interaction, such as someone looking at them in public, to be part of the conspiracy… well, it reminds me of Jack. Living alone with her thoughts can’t help. And even if she’s not on❄ she has admitted to being on a bunch of medications that could cause paranoia.
There is a very good Lisa jewell book where gang stalking paranoia is one of the themes. The names escapes me but I highly recommend

• Heart
Reactions: 22
BIB. It's the Caroline Flack effect. The media were accused of hounding her to her death so I doubt they will take the risk with someone clearly as unhinged as Jack. She's always breadcrumbing potential suicide with her weaselly turn of phrase.

I very much doubt any large media outlets will be willing to expose the grifter on that basis 'just in case'.
I’ve said this for a while, I reckon there would need to be a much bigger scandal than anything Jack has done (bad as it is, it’s not millions of pounds of fraud or selling fake cancer cures) for any MM to take the risk of publishing an expose on her. No decent journalist would touch this with a barge pole, it’s far too dangerous and she’s not famous enough or done enough for the less decent media to think it’s worth the risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.