Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve reached our limit on Toms now, any more and it will end up as confusing as the Celeb Gossip thread. We‘ve got Tom Doorley, Tom “looks dire” Tom, and for some reason also Tom Jones.

This reminds me of the Roadside Mum and Marcus Rashford Jack threads when I got in such a muddle between RM and MR 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Tbh despite the issues with the Sunday Woman article I think she has nailed it with the ADHD opinion. I do think that’s the underlying Issue with Jack. I have ADHD but I have never tried coke …apart from Pepsi. But self medicate in other ways ….food usually 😬🙄

If you look at the self medicating Jack does (either alcohol or the Colombian marching powder) she isn’t dissimilar to many other people who self medicate to mitigate the issues of ADHD.

She is still a narc as well though.

Reactions: 43
Huh, was just reading that blog post and turns out a relative of my partner knows this woman 🔺 Might have to be nosy next time I see them.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 194830.png

• Wow
Reactions: 75
Is it still worth sharing here though? I think so.
I wouldn't. He's alt-right and while he may be making a good point it will ALWAYS come over as an attack because she is (insert label) instead. Don't want to make it look like tattlers condone it.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
We’ve reached our limit on Toms now, any more and it will end up as confusing as the Celeb Gossip thread. We‘ve got Tom Doorley, Tom “looks dire” Tom, and for some reason also Tom Jones.
Tom Doorley is a defender of Jack so for clarity's sake we should call him 'TD no not that TD, the other one that likes Jack' or TDNNTTDTOOTLJ for short. Hope that helps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Tbh despite the issues with the Sunday Woman article I think she has nailed it with the ADHD opinion. I do think that’s the underlying Issue with Jack. I have ADHD but I have never tried coke …apart from Pepsi. But self medicate in other ways ….food usually 😬🙄

If you look at the self medicating Jack does (either alcohol or the Colombian marching powder) she isn’t dissimilar to many other people who self medicate to mitigate the issues of ADHD.

She is still a narc as well though.
But she is on ADHD meds too.

Reactions: 15
I’m just thinking about her radio and TV appearances, and the obvious bewilderment as to why she kept getting booked. We’ll have GMB on in the background when we’re getting sorted and you very rarely see bad guests - even an everyday person that’s had something big happen is better than her.

I had a brief listen to the Radio Scotland recording and that is the weirdest ~thing~ I’ve ever heard. It doesn’t sound like she has got the cold but it’s getting worse as time goes on. She’s not even engaging, she chats pony and whenever anyone asks her a question she looks like that’s the first time she’s met another human

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I read a sort of sci-fi short loonnng time ago, where all males were named Tom (and all females Sally or whatever) but because there were 1000s of subtle inflections of pronunciation, all Toms were not the same.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
It’s limited for editing, for obvious reasons.
Just been reading the updated "official" Wiki.

I know WE already know it was nothing to do with her, but honestly, her fans only need to look at that page to see that she lied about making the ONS change their procedures! Are they all *thick? (Don't need answers on a postcard!) The thing she is most good at is her careful choice of words (apart from when she uses the wrong ones that she doesn't understand in the first place).

"In January 2022, Monroe complained that food prices were rising faster than the official inflation rate, which hit poor people hardest.[42] The Office for National Statistics agreed that one inflation rate did not reflect everybody's experience, and noted that they were already working since 2021 to revise the Consumer Price Index, to more accurately measure changes in consumer prices.[43][44] Monroe stated, "Delighted to be able to tell you that the ONS have just announced that they are going to be changing the way they collect and report on the cost of food prices and inflation to take into consideration a wider range of income levels and household circumstances."[45] Monroe announced plans to launch a new price index, called the Vimes Boots Index (VBI), highlighting the greater cost of poverty.[46]"

BIB - Just for when you're next here, catching up, Jack Monroe scammer! Hi Jack! 👋 How's your hiatus going?

*Inclined to believe it's gullible in a lot of cases, but definitely thick in many others! #jackmonroesflyingmonkeys

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Well it’s the end of the month and I’ve kept tabs on every piece of work Jack has mentioned throughout the month. I will stop and acknowledge that we can’t know everything but I think we are getting a good picture of her output here based on the following known pieces of information:
  • Jack overshares online and likes to brag about work she has done
  • Several FOI requests this month have highlighted she has lied about several pieces of work including working with the ONS and the coroner’s office (or at the very least had access to reports as part of her work).
A breakdown of the completed work can be found in the below spoiler (it’s a big boy).
September Worklog.emf.png

Jack has completed an estimated 29hr20m of work throughout the month of September. She frequently cites that she works “100 hour weeks”. I’ve averaged this at about 14 hours a day. That means we have a deficit of about 420 (nice) hours of work which are unaccounted for.

work hours versus deficit hours.png

Here it is broken down throughout the month with the deficit hours shown in red. Concerningly, the bulk of the work actually appears to be travel time between events rather than actual active output.

As much of her defenders state that Jack “does so much good”, I thought I’d take the time to break down her work into commercial ventures she does for profit with benefit to the causes she campaigns for and into the actual work which could be loosely argued as activism.

commercial versus activism.png

26hr40 was spent doing commercial work for profit.
2hr40 was spent doing activism based work (interviews and food writing)

Completed items of work include:
  • Attended Bristol’s Forwards Festival (Late)
  • Brain stormed “meal ideas” and shared it
  • 60 minute talk to CIC NHS event
  • Attended Google exec’s talk and dinner
  • Attended a GMB slot
  • Attended interview with Gordon Brown (but her contributions if any were not included in final article)
  • Hastings Book Festival talk
  • 10 minute slot at BBC Scotland Radio
Outstanding work items we are waiting to see output of include:
  • Dublin profile piece: As of 01/09/2022
  • Update on Patreon: As of 01/09/2022
  • An update on the VBI (such as # of items inputted into database): As of last mention on (02/09/2022)
  • Pancake one pan recipe with low sugar chocolate: As of 05/09/2022
  • Low cost, low equipment recipes for diabetics: As of 06/09/2022
  • Book on DWP: As of 08/09/2022
  • Guide on boiling eggs: As of 09/09/2022
  • Recipe for home cold remedy: As of 12/09/2022
  • Guide on cooking for one: As of 30/09/2022
Frau, I’m starting to think she might not actually work 100 hour weeks?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 142
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.