Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1615268

Apologies if this has been said already but this for me is why it’s so important people other than Tattlers speak about how awful Jack is. They’ve overlooked all the costing of her items, all the screenshots of her Twitter behaviour that may have then been deleted and all the legitimate points we discuss here to focus on that. Her cult members will close their minds to all the evidence especially if it comes from here because they think we’re nasty lying trolls (in spite of the evidence)

But if it’s gaining traction and other people are speaking about it then surely that’s a good thing?
I'll work harder to snort only fair-trade, ethically-sourced, sustainable coke. Thanks, squig.

While I understand the destruction the squig points out, I have never heard anyone say, "I went sober as a human rights exercise." Maybe because users don't care. Maybe because it is easier to give up canned pineapple. Maybe because I am a frosty girl--way cooler than cool. But I'm not sure what squig's bleeping point is. That we are just as bad as JM for forays into controlled substances that injure others while questioning JM's decision to make $$$ by being the face of Del Monte even though she said she'd never sell out? Not sure it is a reasonable equivalent.

Anyway, my concern with JM's alleged coke use has more to do with how she spends her filthy lucre, and how someone with a steady income stream can still be broke. I'm sorry, squig, that some of the folks here sympathize with her substance abuse issues, encourage her to get real help, and share their own experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
"The British chef and queer author" is such an odd way to phrase it. Makes it sounds like she writes books on queer issues and not, you know, how to mix coca cola with tinned beef.
Shouldn’t it be “The queer British Chef and Author” or “The British Chef and Author, who is queer” IDK. All chefs write cookbooks thesedays. Send English grammaro’s

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Whenever someone brings up that list of foods that don’t go together the recipe ideas I think of
BF2CEE4D-3DCF-40D8-B914-29F0E5F678F0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Well it’s the end of the month and I’ve kept tabs on every piece of work Jack has mentioned throughout the month. I will stop and acknowledge that we can’t know everything but I think we are getting a good picture of her output here based on the following known pieces of information:
  • Jack overshares online and likes to brag about work she has done
  • Several FOI requests this month have highlighted she has lied about several pieces of work including working with the ONS and the coroner’s office (or at the very least had access to reports as part of her work).
A breakdown of the completed work can be found in the below spoiler (it’s a big boy).

Jack has completed an estimated 29hr20m of work throughout the month of September. She frequently cites that she works “100 hour weeks”. I’ve averaged this at about 14 hours a day. That means we have a deficit of about 420 (nice) hours of work which are unaccounted for.

View attachment 1616631
Here it is broken down throughout the month with the deficit hours shown in red. Concerningly, the bulk of the work actually appears to be travel time between events rather than actual active output.

As much of her defenders state that Jack “does so much good”, I thought I’d take the time to break down her work into commercial ventures she does for profit with benefit to the causes she campaigns for and into the actual work which could be loosely argued as activism.

View attachment 1616629

26hr40 was spent doing commercial work for profit.
2hr40 was spent doing activism based work (interviews and food writing)

Completed items of work include:
  • Attended Bristol’s Forwards Festival (Late)
  • Brain stormed “meal ideas” and shared it
  • 60 minute talk to CIC NHS event
  • Attended Google exec’s talk and dinner
  • Attended a GMB slot
  • Attended interview with Gordon Brown (but her contributions if any were not included in final article)
  • Hastings Book Festival talk
  • 10 minute slot at BBC Scotland Radio
Outstanding work items we are waiting to see output of include:
  • Dublin profile piece: As of 01/09/2022
  • Update on Patreon: As of 01/09/2022
  • An update on the VBI (such as # of items inputted into database): As of last mention on (02/09/2022)
  • Pancake one pan recipe with low sugar chocolate: As of 05/09/2022
  • Low cost, low equipment recipes for diabetics: As of 06/09/2022
  • Book on DWP: As of 08/09/2022
  • Guide on boiling eggs: As of 09/09/2022
  • Recipe for home cold remedy: As of 12/09/2022
  • Guide on cooking for one: As of 30/09/2022
Frau, I’m starting to think she might not actually work 100 hour weeks?
She works about one day a week!

Reactions: 28
"The British chef and queer author" is such an odd way to phrase it. Makes it sounds like she writes books on queer issues and not, you know, how to mix coca cola with tinned beef.
'Chef' This is what really punches my pumble! I know chefs and they are trained and hard working! How does this chancing grifter fall under this job description?

Reactions: 53
I still feel sorry for space squig.
I still feel sorry for us not knowing what was in the gift box.
Probably had a Liverpool shirt with monroe69 on the back or something.
JM was going to ask Liverpool fc if she could post about it.
Following the narrative of Jack is like watching blade runner.
All though lies will be lost in time, time to lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I’ve just read another blog piece about her. It’s by someone who was disbarred following offensive/racist tweets and he has his twitter account suspended. I won’t put a link here as at the beginning he’ offensive towards Mark Lewis, offers some GC discourse about Jack’s pronouns and later in he says something even worse about Meghan. But whilst not offering anything new, there is a nuance to it and at the end he offers up that whilst he used to think Jack was a force for good, his view is now coloured by what he’s read. He also offers up the MSM as being to blame for rolling her out to talk about Poverty when outside of twitter she has no real obvious clout.
Lots of twitter screenshots but it’s more an opinion piece on how his opinion has changed and that Jack has questions to answer, than deep dive.
I read that too. Had to employ CCleaner and a Dettol bath after reading it tbh.

I actually thought it was a pile of shite waste of time and internet space. All they seemed to say was 'I don't know if this is true', zero actual research,

Maybe I missed the nuance as I scrolled through but I wasn't particulalry impressed. Not sure if it helped Jack more than the people speaking out against the grift. I would go back and read it again but I'm BUSY.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Gah the chef title boils my tits.
You never hear Delia Smith or Mary Berry call themselves chefs. They're home cooks and damn good at it because it's a skill to create recipes that work and be able to explain clearly in a 5 or 10 min tv slot or page or two in a book how to make a meal that will feed people with ingredients to hand in most supermarkets.
Jack isn't even a good home cook.

Reactions: 72
We’ve reached our limit on Toms now, any more and it will end up as confusing as the Celeb Gossip thread. We‘ve got Tom Doorley, Tom “looks dire” Tom, and for some reason also Tom Jones.
Sex Tom, Sex Tom
This one's Sex Tom
I know it gets confusing when we deal with more than one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Well it’s the end of the month and I’ve kept tabs on every piece of work Jack has mentioned throughout the month. I will stop and acknowledge that we can’t know everything but I think we are getting a good picture of her output here based on the following known pieces of information:
  • Jack overshares online and likes to brag about work she has done
  • Several FOI requests this month have highlighted she has lied about several pieces of work including working with the ONS and the coroner’s office (or at the very least had access to reports as part of her work).
A breakdown of the completed work can be found in the below spoiler (it’s a big boy).

Jack has completed an estimated 29hr20m of work throughout the month of September. She frequently cites that she works “100 hour weeks”. I’ve averaged this at about 14 hours a day. That means we have a deficit of about 420 (nice) hours of work which are unaccounted for.

View attachment 1616631
Here it is broken down throughout the month with the deficit hours shown in red. Concerningly, the bulk of the work actually appears to be travel time between events rather than actual active output.

As much of her defenders state that Jack “does so much good”, I thought I’d take the time to break down her work into commercial ventures she does for profit with benefit to the causes she campaigns for and into the actual work which could be loosely argued as activism.

View attachment 1616629

26hr40 was spent doing commercial work for profit.
2hr40 was spent doing activism based work (interviews and food writing)

Completed items of work include:
  • Attended Bristol’s Forwards Festival (Late)
  • Brain stormed “meal ideas” and shared it
  • 60 minute talk to CIC NHS event
  • Attended Google exec’s talk and dinner
  • Attended a GMB slot
  • Attended interview with Gordon Brown (but her contributions if any were not included in final article)
  • Hastings Book Festival talk
  • 10 minute slot at BBC Scotland Radio
Outstanding work items we are waiting to see output of include:
  • Dublin profile piece: As of 01/09/2022
  • Update on Patreon: As of 01/09/2022
  • An update on the VBI (such as # of items inputted into database): As of last mention on (02/09/2022)
  • Pancake one pan recipe with low sugar chocolate: As of 05/09/2022
  • Low cost, low equipment recipes for diabetics: As of 06/09/2022
  • Book on DWP: As of 08/09/2022
  • Guide on boiling eggs: As of 09/09/2022
  • Recipe for home cold remedy: As of 12/09/2022
  • Guide on cooking for one: As of 30/09/2022
Frau, I’m starting to think she might not actually work 100 hour weeks?
Several times I've wanted to laugh and whole heartedly heart in reaction to comments. Mods, can we have a a heart-crying-laughing emoji please?
No?
😑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Hello Ninnies! I’ve been away from these threads for a while but now back and delighted to see the grift slowly collapsing like a pumble soufflé. Loving all the insights from the new Frauen too!

I was glad to see the ❄ insights on the previous thread because imho this explains everything about Jack’s behaviour. Every. Single. Thing. The lying, the billy big balls, the graphic and inappropriate tweets, the compulsive spending, the shaky IRLmedia appearances, the constant furniture and book shelf rearranging…everything.

Like PPs I also believe that she and Nigella have ❄ history and also the ❄ is at the root of her relationship break ups.

In fact the only thing ❄ doesn’t explain is how she got famous in the first place and we all know that that was a fluke and then a Frankenstein creation by the upper middle class media who wanted a tame Poor.

Is she still off Twitter? Can’t wait to see how she styles this one out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Just been reading the updated "official" Wiki.

I know WE already know it was nothing to do with her, but honestly, her fans only need to look at that page to see that she lied about making the ONS change their procedures! Are they all *thick? (Don't need answers on a postcard!) The thing she is most good at is her careful choice of words (apart from when she uses the wrong ones that she doesn't understand in the first place).

"In January 2022, Monroe complained that food prices were rising faster than the official inflation rate, which hit poor people hardest.[42] The Office for National Statistics agreed that one inflation rate did not reflect everybody's experience, and noted that they were already working since 2021 to revise the Consumer Price Index, to more accurately measure changes in consumer prices.[43][44] Monroe stated, "Delighted to be able to tell you that the ONS have just announced that they are going to be changing the way they collect and report on the cost of food prices and inflation to take into consideration a wider range of income levels and household circumstances."[45] Monroe announced plans to launch a new price index, called the Vimes Boots Index (VBI), highlighting the greater cost of poverty.[46]"

BIB - Just for when you're next here, catching up, Jack Monroe scammer! Hi Jack! 👋 How's your hiatus going?

*Inclined to believe it's gullible in a lot of cases, but definitely thick in many others! #jackmonroesflyingmonkeys
It's pleasing - better than last time I looked. I noticed that it's gone from something like "is from a working class background" to "described as coming from a working class background", which is a step in the right direction.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I still feel sorry for space squig.
I still feel sorry for us not knowing what was in the gift box.
Probably had a Liverpool shirt with monroe69 on the back or something.
JM was going to ask Liverpool fc if she could post about it.
Following the narrative of Jack is like watching blade runner.
All though lies will be lost in time, time to lie.
I’m sure this was discussed at the time but why would Jack need to ask LFC for permission to post Space Squig’s gift?!? 🤦‍♀️ Make it make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just seen another article on Twitter. How long until it’s an actual newspaper?

Smells like transphobic. There are plenty of retired arseholes blogging their thoughts. I wanna see publishing!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.