Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not been called cool or sanctimonious since I was a teenager so I'm taking it as a compliment.

Could someone, please, point me in the direction of finding out why we always mention Caroline's hands, or lack of? Must have happened while I was in self exile from the Jack threads. Tia

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I listened to the BBC Scotland thing...

She was slurry, but she's been worse on air. The LBC thing she did was diabolical, she sounded wasted.
Does anyone know which thread featured the LBC appearance? I heard about it, but missed the entire chaos.

Reactions: 13
Just listened again to the BBC Radio Scotland thing and I think a couple of things were maybe misheard in real time.
I didn’t hear mention of monkfish at the time and I wanted to check that. She did, however, mention tinned mackerel. (Please, I do lose concentration very easily so I’m happy to be corrected!)
The burgers into a bender thing refers to using her carrot, cumin, kidney beans burger recipe (I think numerous people ‘in the wild’ have remarked that they don’t work unless it’s another veggie recipe they are referring to) so perhaps that’s not as foul an idea as turning minced beef burgers into a soup.
Even so, the ‘advice’ she proffered was so useless, the suggested meal ideas would not sustain any living creature and, as ever, she made it all about herself- as many of you here have already commented.
It was all absolutely atrocious and absolutely no relevance to your ‘ordinary Scot’ out there (I can confidently say this🔺). Plus, oh jeez, I said it at the time but...that voice...🤢
I may even complain to the BBC about this if I can be bothered to waste my time on her.
My hope is that these media outlets wise up and STOP BLOODY WELL BOOKING HER. (‘Scuse the shouting, but, hunnnghh)

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I listened to the BBC Scotland thing...

She was slurry, but she's been worse on air. The LBC thing she did was diabolical, she sounded wasted.
Just listened to the 1st minute or so of that on the media tag, omg she's either pissed as a fart or has both dirty hands in the pharmaceutical jar. I mean the LBC thing.

Reactions: 23
Does anyone know which thread featured the LBC appearance? I heard about it, but missed the entire chaos.
I don’t know which thread it was, but it was about a month ago (so probably 100 threads ago!)

it popped upin my YouTube recommended yesterday when I was doing my Nigella research. So you can search there. Not on my computer right now to find the link sorry.

I read about it here at the time but had never actually watched it before. I was shocked even though I was prepared for it, she really looks and sounds terrible. I actually felt sorry for her and I am normally a hard hearted old witch.

Reactions: 18
Re the baubles, I think it is almost an annual event, she picks a theme for the tree and splurges. Different colour way different year
But she has a young child! This makes me sad cos we love getting our very eclectic tree out with our child and reminiscing over all the decorations he has made in the past and adding the decorations he's made that year.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I didn’t hear mention of monkfish at the time and I wanted to check that. She did, however, mention tinned mackerel. (Please, I do lose concentration very easily so I’m happy to be corrected!)
I don't want to listen a second time to confirm. 😂 But it's true that monkfish is a bit FANCY for poverty Jack. Aren't they also endangered or overfished? Sure there's some kind of monkfish shortage...

Reactions: 18
Managed about 5 seconds of the BBC Scotland thing. I really hope she seeks help.

The music on that show was good, I love The Blow Monkeys. I might listen in future so I can hear the lovely accents and music (but skip the fungus).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I was just doing some googling because I can't stop thinking about the fact they kept saying it was a live phone in but they didn't take calls.

I'm now taking it as confirmation she was not at the studio, she dialled in.

Screenshot_20220930_131719.jpg

Reactions: 17
What on earth is going on with her voice on this BBC Scotland clip? It's like she's pinching her nose, it is SO bad.

There's definitely been a snowstorm in Southend, neither a face or voice for radio. There's definitely something wrong with her.

It's also a bit odd she's accepted an invitation to talk about cooking for one, when every post she has ever done is not about cooking for one person. I think the requests are dwindling.

Reactions: 45
She is, she posted a pic of her toddler and coops near that tweet.

also a link to the “buy TCC” go fund me for food banks. At retail!!! When ALL authors can order them at cost. ARGHgHhhHh. £44ks worth of sales plus some tins apparently. That’s probably about 5k copies at least no wonder she gets bestseller status.
Book fundraiser forensic mither.
It raised £44,643 and according to her first update that would mean over £1,500 to GoFundMe in fees. So let’s say £43,000. Being FORENSIC, I calculated it at 12,285.7143 copies at £3.50

Even if she waived the “laughably piteous 7-10% of RRP” she receives in royalties to sell at cost (and that’s IF) flogging over 12,000 copies of your book can’t hurt its sales figures, right?

But wait! She didn’t actually close that fundraiser until September 2020, almost two years after it opened and a year and four months after she’d posted the update about all the books going out at £3.50 a copy; in May 2019 she’d raised just under £24,000, that minus the admin fee was all going on books.

BUT in September 2020s update when she finally closes it with over £44,000 raised, she says all the money’s been donated and the TT got “books, cans of food, and monetary donations”. The cans were free from Heinz but no word ever how many books and how much in “monetary donations” they actually got.

Link to more detailed post on the £10.99 scam v the GoFundMe for anyone who hasn’t seen

Link from @Yel to the GoFundMe with the year 1 update where she confirms it eventually went for £3.50 a book and the year 2 update where she says the TT got books, cans and casho. Click updates to see those

Never ever any word on what happened to all those sweet sweet £10.99s grifted directly into her personal PayPal for the same fundraiser. Not a word.

As a reminder, she has done two completely different book fundraisers. The GoFundMe and amorphous PayPal £10.99s for a book that ultimately cost £3.50 total for the book/shipping cost was for Tin Can Cook to foodbanks via TT.

The earlier Kickstarter debacle (which is a whole different sorry tale) where people could pay to buy an extra copy that she would then donate to a ‘school or library’ (WTF?!) was for Cooking on a Bootstrap. That one got her £68,761 in 46 days. All to her. Link here just tap on the pic, it’s posted weirdly.

If you look at the menu at the top, you can check out the ‘Rewards’ and tiers (and see how many people paid at each level- 567 paid for a book to go to a library or school, 13 people gave her £140 for ONE book and some shite, 30 people gave her £200, and 1 person gave her £2,000!), you can also click to her feeble updates, and scathingly, the 1,000+ comments.

And her raising £68,761 from just 3,603 people on Kickstarter, and those people paying those higher amounts on Kickstarter for not much more than getting to bask in her reflected light, (and the fact she was able to bring in £87,484 from just 2,800 donors for the TT -an average of £31.24 per donor- in a still open separate fundraiser below) are why I think she’s coining it in on Patreon and PayPal way, way beyond what we suspect. Especially post-Nigella and post-Hopkins.

EFD09715-E52F-40DB-BBD9-B8AB3CE94584.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Frauen and Herren, I've just been contacted by a very legit journalist via Whatdotheyknow.com (front page national press, stories on Epstein etc). Done some due diligence, definitely the real deal.

I don't know what the rules are about stuff like this?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 127
But she has a young child! This makes me sad cos we love getting our very eclectic tree out with our child and reminiscing over all the decorations he has made in the past and adding the decorations he's made that year.
Yep, our toilet roll and pipe cleaner "nasty angel" takes pride of place every year! (he's 34 now) 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Frauen and Herren, I've just been contacted by a very legit journalist via Whatdotheyknow.com (front page national press, stories on Epstein etc). Done some due diligence, definitely the real deal.

I don't know what the rules are about stuff like this?
Ooo let's hope they're doing a big old splashy story.

As for sharing here? Dunno.. maybe wait and see if there's a a story first or it might be hearsay etc

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.