Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frauen and Herren, I've just been contacted by a very legit journalist via Whatdotheyknow.com (front page national press, stories on Epstein etc). Done some due diligence, definitely the real deal.

I don't know what the rules are about stuff like this?
Other tattlers have spoken to or collaborated with the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Just listened to the BBC Scotland interview. Her voice? Oh my god. Sounds like she's holding her nose under water.

Really useful tip though when she says: "One of the key things I build my shopping budget around is doing a stock take before I leave the house and go to the supermarket."

How clever. Her shopping only costs £20 per week because she's already got £200 worth of stuff in her freezer, fridge and cupboard.

How does any interviewer take her seriously and not think "what the duck?" when she spouts such obvious nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm listening to the BBC Scotland and I feel like the poor presenter is doing the work for her whilst she keeps repeating the same piece of advice. He had to remind her to look for reduced stuff!

Also, stock take? Really? What about people who have NO STUFF IN THEIR CUPBOARDS?!?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Just listened to the BBC Scotland interview. Her voice? Oh my god. Sounds like she's holding her nose under water.

Really useful tip though when she says: "One of the key things I build my shopping budget around is doing a stock take before I leave the house and go to the supermarket."

How clever. Her shopping only costs £20 per week because she's already got £200 worth of stuff in her freezer, fridge and cupboard.

How does any interviewer take her seriously and not think "what the duck?" when she spouts such obvious nonsense.
Imagine going to do your weekly food shop and not checking what you had in already. Especially if you're on a limited budget. How do they not just laugh in her face when she spouts this utter nonsense?! What an absolute joker.

Reactions: 49
There was a weird picture - adverting campaign? - of Jack and a very small sb smoking cigarettes or have I imagined that
She did. I remember posting it, but can't remember where from, Ladbible or somewhere ridiculous, and it wasn't specifically about her, but people recognised her. Kind of funny given she is a smoker/vaper.

ETA, my googling is only bringing up her topless photos, and I ain't going there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Imagine going to do your weekly food shop and not checking what you had in already. Especially if you're on a limited budget. How do they not just laugh in her face when she spouts this utter nonsense?! What an absolute joker.
It's mad isn't it? Surely people on a limited budget -- and still with stuff in their cupboards -- wouldn't bother going shopping? And you'd probably not run up much of a store cupboard anyway if is cash is tight.

Reactions: 26
Frauen and Herren, I've just been contacted by a very legit journalist via Whatdotheyknow.com (front page national press, stories on Epstein etc). Done some due diligence, definitely the real deal.

Wear a nice hat for when they send a photographer round?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

I’d be happy to speak to a proper journo about my previous experiences as an innocent squig being gaslight and lightly threatened into removing a tweet that she didn’t like lol. I’m still pissed off about it 🤣 I AM SPARTACUS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I’d be happy to speak to a proper journo about my previous experiences as an innocent squig being gaslight and lightly threatened into removing a tweet that she didn’t like lol. I’m still pissed off about it 🤣 I AM SPARTACUS.
If you have receipts, I hope you get the chance as imo it's really important to prove she trolls/abuses at least as much as she claims to be trolled and abused. DMing alongside deleting public tweets is part of the "reputation management " that makes due diligence and ending the grift harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
It's mad isn't it? Surely people on a limited budget -- and still with stuff in their cupboards -- wouldn't bother going shopping? And you'd probably not run up much of a store cupboard anyway if is cash is tight.
It's probably best not to run out of food completely, if you can avoid it. It gets rather expensive if you have to replace all the basics at once.
There's a few people on youtube who go through the whole process of stocktaking and menu planning and then shopping, and it does make sense. They don't usually have hundreds of pounds worth of food though, more like a few bits left over from the previous week.

Reactions: 36
I’ll go on the news to talk about PayPaling Jack a fiver ten years ago and making those tit kidney bean burgers that taste of tins and cumin. But they’ll have to blur me out and put one of those robot voices on me.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I just Googled monkfish out of curiosity and now I'm chortling...

This definitely looks like something that would lurk in one of Jack's soups.

1664541493081.png

I can just picture her going oh yeah just bung the whole thing into a risotto. It'll melt down into the rice.

1664542078732.png

''This is just the thing to add to SB's birthday cake''
1664541550890.png

''Aaaargh not the prunes!''
1664541782152.png

Now we know why Jack never opens her fourth freezer.

1664541864925.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I just Googled monkfish out of curiosity and now I'm chortling...

This definitely looks like something that would lurk in one of Jack's soups.

View attachment 1615835

I can just picture her going oh yeah just bung the whole thing into a risotto. It'll melt down into the rice.

View attachment 1615859

''This is just the thing to add to SB's birthday cake''
View attachment 1615837

''Aaaargh not the prunes!''
View attachment 1615844

Now we know why Jack never opens her fourth freezer.

View attachment 1615846
LJC!! They’re lucky they’re delicious 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just listened again to the BBC Radio Scotland thing and I think a couple of things were maybe misheard in real time.
I didn’t hear mention of monkfish at the time and I wanted to check that. She did, however, mention tinned mackerel. (Please, I do lose concentration very easily so I’m happy to be corrected!)
The burgers into a bender thing refers to using her carrot, cumin, kidney beans burger recipe (I think numerous people ‘in the wild’ have remarked that they don’t work unless it’s another veggie recipe they are referring to) so perhaps that’s not as foul an idea as turning minced beef burgers into a soup.
Even so, the ‘advice’ she proffered was so useless, the suggested meal ideas would not sustain any living creature and, as ever, she made it all about herself- as many of you here have already commented.
It was all absolutely atrocious and absolutely no relevance to your ‘ordinary Scot’ out there (I can confidently say this🔺). Plus, oh jeez, I said it at the time but...that voice...🤢
I may even complain to the BBC about this if I can be bothered to waste my time on her.
My hope is that these media outlets wise up and STOP BLOODY WELL BOOKING HER. (‘Scuse the shouting, but, hunnnghh)
According to my notes (I was live texting my reaction to my IRL Frau friend) the mention of mackerel was for mackerel and veg risotto which I just Googled to check if my horrifying mental image was correct and I see that she made it using.....microwave wholegrain basmati and quinoa.....the only source of potential creaminess would be the mushroom flavour cup-a-soup.

slop 1.jpg

slop 2.jpg

Also according to my notes (aneurysm documentation) another suggestion was make bolognese, and then the next day add herb and spices so it becomes goulash (does it?!) and then the next add chocolate and cumin to that so it becomes chilli (DOES IT?!?!)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I’ll go on the news to talk about PayPaling Jack a fiver ten years ago and making those tit kidney bean burgers that taste of tins and cumin. But they’ll have to blur me out and put one of those robot voices on me.
Yes! Sitting on a chair in the middle of a darkened room. 😂 I'd do that too.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Book fundraiser forensic mither.
It raised £44,643 and according to her first update that would mean over £1,500 to GoFundMe in fees. So let’s say £43,000. Being FORENSIC, I calculated it at 12,285.7143 copies at £3.50

Even if she waived the “laughably piteous 7-10% of RRP” she receives in royalties to sell at cost (and that’s IF) flogging over 12,000 copies of your book can’t hurt its sales figures, right?

But wait! She didn’t actually close that fundraiser until September 2020, almost two years after it opened and a year and four months after she’d posted the update about all the books going out at £3.50 a copy; in May 2019 she’d raised just under £24,000, that minus the admin fee was all going on books.

BUT in September 2020s update when she finally closes it with over £44,000 raised, she says all the money’s been donated and the TT got “books, cans of food, and monetary donations”. The cans were free from Heinz but no word ever how many books and how much in “monetary donations” they actually got.

Link to more detailed post on the £10.99 scam v the GoFundMe for anyone who hasn’t seen

Link from @Yel to the GoFundMe with the year 1 update where she confirms it eventually went for £3.50 a book and the year 2 update where she says the TT got books, cans and casho. Click updates to see those

Never ever any word on what happened to all those sweet sweet £10.99s grifted directly into her personal PayPal for the same fundraiser. Not a word.

As a reminder, she has done two completely different book fundraisers. The GoFundMe and amorphous PayPal £10.99s for a book that ultimately cost £3.50 total for the book/shipping cost was for Tin Can Cook to foodbanks via TT.

The earlier Kickstarter debacle (which is a whole different sorry tale) where people could pay to buy an extra copy that she would then donate to a ‘school or library’ (WTF?!) was for Cooking on a Bootstrap. That one got her £68,761 in 46 days. All to her. Link here just tap on the pic, it’s posted weirdly.

If you look at the menu at the top, you can check out the ‘Rewards’ and tiers (and see how many people paid at each level- 567 paid for a book to go to a library or school, 13 people gave her £140 for ONE book and some shite, 30 people gave her £200, and 1 person gave her £2,000!), you can also click to her feeble updates, and scathingly, the 1,000+ comments.

And her raising £68,761 from just 3,603 people on Kickstarter, and those people paying those higher amounts on Kickstarter for not much more than getting to bask in her reflected light, (and the fact she was able to bring in £87,484 from just 2,800 donors for the TT -an average of £31.24 per donor- in a still open separate fundraiser below) are why I think she’s coining it in on Patreon and PayPal way, way beyond what we suspect. Especially post-Nigella and post-Hopkins.

View attachment 1615768
Just to be clear here: she's never shown any evidence for how many of these "donated" copies of her books were sent out, and where they were sent to, has she?

But there IS evidence of squigs who had asked for the books they paid for to be sent to a particular library or foodbank, but have since said that no books were received?

• Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.