Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
✋ Cannot stand TJ. Something to do with a programme I watched on him many years ago (it had almost the same effect as the Jimmy Saville programme, when you could tell he was a wrong'un - not that I'm tarring TJ with the same brush, of course!). Ugh, he makes me shudder and not in a sexual way!:sick::eek::LOL:

The gifs do make me laugh, but that's only because I can't hear him singing. 👀 But just for you Hotes, I'm bleeping off 😁 and I'll let myself out.😁 😘

(Also I'm 66 so can't be accused of not liking TJ because I'm too young to understand. Give me rock and metal 🤟 instead of old croony <crooney? as in singing, crooning, not croney...then again...> fogies like TJ any day.)

PS on topic, Jack Monroe is still a grifter
PPS Jack, Monroe rhymes with Potato. Did you plan something from the start?😳

Omg funniest thing EVER! ~LITERAL~ ART! hehehe
TJs is a massive wrong un. Plenty will come out about him when he dies.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This morning I just had a good old chuckle about the 'third generation migrant' thing she sometime trots out. What kind of hardship can a middleclass white third generation person really have? Brown and black 'third generation' Brits surely must get their share of 'back to your own country' racist nonsense and I don't want to minimise that. But a white women with Greek/Irish heritage from a non-deprived family?

Reactions: 65
Note to Jack Monroe, if you want to perform poverty, go to acting school (funded by yourself, not crowdfunded, grifted or scammed) and get involved in something like this that tells authentic stories. Jack dear, you'll find sone familiar themes you've storytold before about pawn shops, selling children's toys, being on the breadline etc (just one difference, this play is based on real life experience):

Reactions: 19
Nope. Can’t work it out. I’m blaming MrGroovy leaving his weekday alarm on and waking me up from a deep sleep and bizarre dream about Nanny Plum from Ben & Holly.
The rainbow is back to front. Or the image is reversed.
768x432.jpg

I think it's changed now but the voice of the Tesco self checkouts used to be Ben's dad/Father Christmas.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I've pondered that before, if her family just shrug off these things she comes out with, as Jack has to 'keep up an image'. Perhaps they knew beforehand that they might read some exaggerated things in the press, but it's just Jack playing the media game. I'd be surprised if they'd be content with friends and neighbours reading these things though and believing them. But who knows, folk are odd sometimes 🤷‍♀️.

I've often wondered this too - if Jack Monroe is just a character and all the drama is made up. Maybe her family are on board because they think the 'political points' she making and the 'career' she has makes it worth it

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Also, I loathe colour ordered bookshelves. Looks pretty, but it's just fucked from every other point of view. My otherwise reasonably normal sister does it, and was horrified to learn that about her.
me too, messes with my chi.

Reactions: 21
I've often wondered this too - if Jack Monroe is just a character and all the drama is made up. Maybe her family are on board because they think the 'political points' she making and the 'career' she has makes it worth it

My guess is that her family is just trying to navigate her narc behaviour and know they can't control all so pick their battles (and can't emotionally afford to be sucked in to it all) and also might be in denial about the worst parts of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
TJs is a massive wrong un. Plenty will come out about him when he dies.
I bleeping hate him with a passion. Vile rapist abusive bleep. I want to punch my screen every time I see that bloody GIF. I loathe that he’s held up as some national treasure when he’s such a piece of tit.

Anyway, at least my hat looks nice.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Or maybe they don't get on that well and are managing to keep things civil for SB's sake? Just speculation.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
My guess is that her family is just trying to navigate her narc behaviour and know they can't control all so pick their battles (and can't emotionally afford to be sucked in to it all) and also might be in denial about the worst parts of it.
That's a really good point. As we know, Jack weaponises everything and anything she feels will help her get what she wants. It must be exhausted to be related to her and I imagine they have to just do what is needed to get by with a relatively quiet life.

Reactions: 20
Hats! I’d already changed Richie and Eddie into their hallowe’en costumes ready for October, but now we have hats too.

“I’m so quirky, I read books!” Grates my mushrooms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This morning I just had a good old chuckle about the 'third generation migrant' thing she sometime trots out. What kind of hardship can a middleclass white third generation person really have? Brown and black 'third generation' Brits surely must get their share of 'back to your own country' racist nonsense and I don't want to minimise that. But a white women with Greek/Irish heritage from a non-deprived family?
She originally described herself as a second gen immigrant, didn't she?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Lol at my hat. It kinda works.

I miss the fast pace here now I need it, got a poorly baby who won’t leave me alone and I’ve run out of scrolling things.

send chaos-os

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
You know what I love? When someone appears from the past liking a post of mine cos it gives me an excuse to go back and run through past chaosi. This morning I did that but then it dawned on me that I was looking through Thread #374, that’s 34 threads ago, and it was Aug 26th! That’s only just over a month ago! 34 threads in a month! No wonder I’m bleeping exhausted. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.