Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no idea if wishing people a happy Oktoberfest is a thing, but if it is...happy Oktoberfest!

Finally listening to the Radio Scotland interview. If anyone hasn't listened yet, I recommend it. It's hard to explain just how funny the stock take advice is, mostly because she shares it in a tone of voice like she's letting us in on a top industry secret.
I know. Who knew checking your cupboards and writing a list was the revolution we all needed? We could call it something like I dunno.... a shopping list maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Imagine if you could do a photo time lapse of the food getting sloppier...! Mind you, she’s quite capable of making soft things rather solid - fried tinned fish, defrosted cod cooked for 1hr, the choc and tinned pear cake brick etc
She once said (after searching for her name on twitter and finding a dissenting squig saying ‘why is it all so soft?’) that it’s because SB has issues with texture. 🤔

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Imagine if she came back super professional and started sharing some VBI numbers? Tbf she could entirely fabricate it all and ppl would lap it up.

Or imagine if we got some sort of Hailey Beiber ✨my truth✨ confessional video podcast with James O’Brien.
I think that is what will happen.... possibly with Piers Morgan or Rob Rinder 😏😏😏

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Hang on, so Oktoberfest starts... before October? What sort of alcohol based chaos is this? 😂
The origins are explained in link below, but it always ends on the first Sunday in October. As it runs for two weeks, it always starts in September. As for why, it's what Viv would have wanted.

And as for why Tattle insists on hats on Oct 1? Honestly, just duck off and go well, pals.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Jack: stop trying to make the Vimes Boots Index happen, it's not going to happen. There's an obvious difference between buying boots to last vs buying food
I never understood why she decided to name her imaginary index the “Vimes Boots Index”, as the concept of the cost of durability is completely different from the idea that basic/budget foodstuffs show different inflation patterns compared to other food products.

No doubt it made sense to Jack at some point during a 4am snowstorm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Babe, same (full of wine). I've not been a chef or professional cook but I am a foodie and have loved cooking, recipe books, magazines etc since I was a teenager and she just cannot cook. There's nothing on her work that shows any inkling of enjoying food, being interested in food, understanding the chemistry and sheer bleeping joy of cooking, texture and taste. SHE. CANNOT. COOK. and every day that goes past that a professional chef bigs her up is one too many.
As Matt of the Forearms says, "Terrible"
It's been discussed here many times before that it's not just her lack of skills or interest, but she writes about food as if she actively resents it.

ETA: I see I have an asshat again, which is appropriate because Jack is one.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
During dayhab we had 140 hours between tweets. The account was still active.

I have Monday 1500 (BST for avoidance of doubt as accuracy is my flex ;)) for the account deletion. So approaching 113 hours right now. If we get to 1100 tomorrow that takes us into uncharted territory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I never understood why she decided to name her imaginary index the “Vimes Boots Index”, as the concept of the cost of durability is completely different from the idea that basic/budget foodstuffs show different inflation patterns compared to other food products.

Babe, same! It’s literally nothing to do with inflation!

Reactions: 23
Indeed, sorry, common or garden barrister!

And it should be a KC now as well..
Mark Lewis is a solicitor (hence his reprimand came from the SRA). Certainly, he was acting as Jack’s solicitor.

her barristers in the Katie Hopkins libel case were William Bennett and Greg Callus, instructed by (solicitor) Mark Lewis.

slightly triangulating myself. Also, Louisa’s sister is a fairly successful barrister. Fun lawyer facts.

• Wow
Reactions: 48
Morning! Posting just to see the poor interviewer woman’s hat levitating in shock

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Wigs… I could only find two photos of her wearing one, and I was a big customer/active community member of Lush Wigs prior to the original owner changing the name (was Geisha Wigs) and selling up. If anyone has any more, I can find them easily, even if they’re no longer sold.

FCF5A811-3CCE-453E-B4B7-64470430CCE7.png
1F715A0D-978A-43D8-9A42-62390C57F934.png

Reactions: 30
All these people wondering where their copy ended up - right there on Jack's shelf.

Also, I loathe colour ordered bookshelves. Looks pretty, but it's just fucked from every other point of view. My otherwise reasonably normal sister does it, and was horrified to learn that about her.
I thought she arranged her cook books by region? Or was that another lie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
All these people wondering where their copy ended up - right there on Jack's shelf.

Also, I loathe colour ordered bookshelves. Looks pretty, but it's just fucked from every other point of view. My otherwise reasonably normal sister does it, and was horrified to learn that about her.
It's the worst. (I mean, it's not really, but her unopened books and spaffing about sleeping in a library gets my goat o_O).

If I only knew that one thing about Jack, that picture of her books would be a giveaway for what a total pseud she is.

It's having books for the look, not the love of them.

And my heckin hat, shes got a lot of stuff.

Reactions: 32
I thought she arranged her cook books by region? Or was that another lie
And we know how well *that* worked out.
*cough* GEORGIA *cough*

NB: I’ve never had a pic until recently, so I’m delighted to see Sour Faced Eamonn in a titfer.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

It's simply a case of latching onto the Pratchett excerpt floating around on sm cos she thinks it makes her look like she read a book once. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I have a bookcase in my room, does that mean i sleep in a library. I have actually toyed with the idea of shelving some wells next to my fireplace for the purpose of books. (Husband isnt keen on the idea.)

She is a major wannabe. She tries so hard to be what she thinks is quirky and interesting in a world where most people actually are. She thinks having a few tatts and weird haircuts, makes her look interesting, a rebel, outside the norm, however there is not a day goes by i dont see someone with mulitcolored hair, crazy style and heavily tattooed. These people are more natural in this style and therefore pull it off. She looks awkward and uncomfortable and it makes her look daft.

Her food is abysmal. It lacls everything food should, like complementing textures, color, favour. Her food often looks like something that has already been digested and brought back from either end and the flavours suggested all dispise each other. I think she plays enough of the poor victim those in the industry helped her up, see also helpful partners getting her name out there. She managed to get some attention, however she got too bog for her boots and they are biting back.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.