Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spot on. Which is why all the piss taking is so valuable. That transformation is actually happening now-the old days of ā€˜oh isnā€™t she greatā€™ are over. It only takes a small % (thereā€™s actually studies on this, I cba to look it up but itā€™s a small % that creates a tipping point) of people to see the lies/crap cooking for the tide of public opinion to shift & even now I think Jack is going to really struggle to ever get back to her highest point.
Cba to look it up either but the figure of 3 or 4% comes to mind. Donā€™t quote me!

Reactions: 14
The blending burgers into soup thing makes me think of Wendy's here in the US - they make their leftover burgers into chilli and it's.. decent, as far as fast food chains go. Everything she's coming off with lately is very American - too much Better Call Saul, etc? Passing things off as her own unique ideas though, obv

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really bleeping bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on Ā£20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episodeā€™s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmannā€™s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at whatā€™s inside.

View attachment 1612660 Monroeā€™s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirrorā€™s article describing Monroe eating on just Ā£10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

View attachment 1612661 Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by ā€œthemā€ (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Mollyā€™s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

View attachment 1612662 Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class ā€œthird-generation immigrantā€

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)
Oh man I think im going to have to bite the bullet and subscribe just for this, they even mentioned tattle?! well played BaR

Reactions: 13
I think Radio Scotland had a pre-arrangement with her to appear today but itā€™ll be interesting to see if she pops up on GMB etc now. I think her Twitter has been a bin fire forever but anyone who books guests without checking their social media deserves to have a Poundland Danielle Westbrook who sulks with another guest who doesnā€™t agree with her and tells people to wash their clothes in shower gel

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A knitting drama??
Yep it was huge.
This blog post possibly explains it well but it was huge. The chat on Ravelry (a knitting patten purchasing page) went off, it crossed to Instagram and was a big deal. It was all about inclusivity in the craft and representation of people, it covered race and sizing.

I will definitely subscribe to the podcast to hear the knitting one and I will tune into the Jack one too! I listened to the 10 min freebie and loved the way she said Sainsberries, and explaining the Englishisms made me laugh.
Although I know all about Jackā€˜s behaviour there was something interesting hearing someone talk about it as a story of events.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Chuffing hell, I've just read about the podcast episode on JM. She's going to go nuclear. Also, remember what I was saying about reputation management a few days ago? She's going to need it. Expect a spell in rehab (real or imagined) very soon. Takes the šŸ”„ off.
I reckon Anna Delvey had exact same intentions as the net closed in and she scampered to Passages Malibu for some šŸ”„ management šŸ˜‚. She just didn't factor in her pal Rachel organising a sting operation where she was nabbed!

Reactions: 22
I did a thing today- probably a 'Jackism', really.
Wanted cake- am broke, so went with what I could find. Had some crusts of staleish white bread, but not enough for bread pud, so found a packet of digestives the kids had opened and not wrapped up that had gone a bit soggy. Put it all in a big mixing bowl, broke it up and added some mixed spice, some sugar and a load of (smartprice!) mixed dried fruit. Chopped up a few imperfect apples the kids had spurned too. Added a couple of small eggs and some milk (was a mixture of cow's and other non dairy stuff we had left over) melted a tablespoon or two of marg (not wasting butter on this) which I then poured over like you do with bread pud. Stirred it up and dolloped into a couple of greased bread tins. Sprinkled a bit more sugar on top.
Cooked in a medium oven for an hour and a bit and- it was actually really nice. I thought the digestive biscuits might make the whole thing go wonk (I'd have made a cheesecake if I had any soft cheese handy, or a biscuit cake if I had any chocolate around- didn't tho) but actually it's exactly like a regular bread pudding only more apple-y, which is actually an improvement, imo.
Anyway- there's my experiment for the day. Loath to 'waste' eggs and butter stuff rn, but we had quite a few, luckily.
I didn't measure anything but my estimates seemed ok. As far as calories go, it's cold, we're skint, so the more the merrier!
It seems to have met with approval from the family-
Here's a pic, though it wasn't intended to be pretty.
(I don't reckon it looks worse than Jack's stuff though, and she's supposed to be a pro.)
1664485248821.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 68
If you think about it, what Jack does is no different from those Tory accounts on Twitter who lecture poor people in what they should eat. Anyone who is active on politics Twitter has seen the odd post saying ā€œonly eat grain or 5g of oatmealā€. Thereā€™s no nutrition in Jackā€™s food. Iā€™m embarrassed I ever looked up to her.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I did a thing today- probably a 'Jackism', really.
Wanted cake- am broke, so went with what I could find. Had some crusts of staleish white bread, but not enough for bread pud, so found a packet of digestives the kids had opened and not wrapped up that had gone a bit soggy. Put it all in a big mixing bowl, broke it up and added some mixed spice, some sugar and a load of (smartprice!) mixed dried fruit. Chopped up a few imperfect apples the kids had spurned too. Added a couple of small eggs and some milk (was a mixture of cow's and other non dairy stuff we had left over) melted a tablespoon or two of marg (not wasting butter on this) which I then poured over like you do with bread pud. Stirred it up and dolloped into a couple of greased bread tins. Sprinkled a bit more sugar on top.
Cooked in a medium oven for an hour and a bit and- it was actually really nice. I thought the digestive biscuits might make the whole thing go wonk (I'd have made a cheesecake if I had any soft cheese handy, or a biscuit cake if I had any chocolate around- didn't tho) but actually it's exactly like a regular bread pudding only more apple-y, which is actually an improvement, imo.
Anyway- there's my experiment for the day. Loath to 'waste' eggs and butter stuff rn, but we had quite a few, luckily.
I didn't measure anything but my estimates seemed ok. As far as calories go, it's cold, we're skint, so the more the merrier!
It seems to have met with approval from the family-
Here's a pic, though it wasn't intended to be pretty.
(I don't reckon it looks worse than Jack's stuff though, and she's supposed to be a pro.)
View attachment 1614633
That looks lovely!! Just shows what you can do with odds and ends when you have a bit of skill and know what you like!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think the exposure feels like old news if you read the threads, but if these mainstream outlets are the first you'd heard of all this, it would surely be pause for thought!

PS. Content needs a groom, matting is painful for dogs. I'm high on the smell of fox piss right now as my dog rolled in it earlier. He's had a bath but still smells like the inside of one of Jack's sideboard drawers.

PPS. @Valiofthedolls 'frau control to tater tom' was a stroke of genius and has tickled me for days. Chapeau!
Tomato sauce is great at getting rid of fox poo smells!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Yes matted hair can become very painful for dogs as the matted sections can pull the akin. If it gets really bad it will have to be shaved off. Their nails can also get caught in the matted bits when they scratch which again would be very painful and upsetting. A quick daily brush to remove loose hairs is needed with a more thorough groom every 2 weeks is needed I reckon?*

*Based on my own experience of owning spaniels. Under their ears matts quickly if you're not careful and checking regularly
OMG, I went through a patch of watching dog grooming vids on Youtube as 'relaxation' a while back, but the pulling of piles matted hair out of dog's ears with hemostat/ forceps soon cured me of THAT little habit. I don't even have a dog.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Today looks interesting.... I think I've got the gist, but will dive back through the thread for a FORENSIC analysis! I'm keen to know two things, what is this chaos to be known as? And can we get hats?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A few days ago I was explaining more of the absurd Jackiverse to my long-suffering mother, including the ONS reply to the FOI explaining that she'd done duck all with them. My mum said 'so is she a bit of a fantasist?'. Oh you dear, sweet summer mother. She SHAN'T be allowed to join the canal due to the fact that I've called Jack a bleep multiple times and I've only just been getting away with saying bleeping in my early 30s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
That looks lovely!! Just shows what you can do with odds and ends when you have a bit of skill and know what you like!
Well my mum was the queen of 'knocking up stuff out of nothing much' but her bread pud was great. It's stodge, but always hits the spot unless you're one of those *freaks* who hates raisins. šŸ˜œ I am not though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
One thing that I don't understand which is a huge giveaway as to income is the whole filler/Botox thing. I'm a man who has no understanding of these things but I know they aren't cheap and need doing regularly so how can Jack afford those yet not shower gel?
The mind boggles doesn't it? The perverse thing about all of this is that it's just there, right before our very eyes. The scales are coming off now, I think.

That said, my sister in law, who is a very low earner, still managed to waste money on Botox ans some weird beading thing that I don't understand, in her face last year.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Been popping in and out all day and was incandescent with rage at hearing her unexpectedly earlier today as I was going about my everyday working week. šŸ”ŗ

All I can think about, after trying to catch up on the hellsite she is on gardening leave from, is that sheā€™s rebranded:

Jack Monroe: Cooking on a BotStrap.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.