Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well my mum was the queen of 'knocking up stuff out of nothing much' but her bread pud was great. It's stodge, but always hits the spot unless you're one of those *freaks* who hates raisins. 😜 I am not though.
I’m a scared of raisins freak but I’d still have a go at (a dairy free version obvs) your pud because it looks delicious!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Sorry to be forensic (it's kind of my flex) but that's not spam she's grating in that clip, it's corned beef to go in her chilli with clamato juice, black tea and cold oily onions 😰

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I mean there is a lot of examples, but my favourite is the radiator full of gas.
Although we laugh at the down right thickness of someone who thought a radiator worked by pumping gas through it and heating it (🙄) it is worth remembering the context she posted it.
She and a 'friend' were in the 'friend's' house at 4am. They were apparently redesigning the kitchen.
They were trying to move the radiator and Jack asked twitter how you would move it without the gas escaping.
All of this was live tweeted at a manic pace as Jack and her friend tried to tear up a kitchen at 4am.
Totally normal.
This is absolutely 4am ❄ talk.

back over a decade ago when MrGroovy and I were recreational users, there would be 4am talking utter bollocks sessions.

Incidentally 6hr sex sessions are ❄ territory as um… gents quite often can’t arrive at the destination, if you catch my drift.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
For anyone who wants to hear this morning’s honk (don’t recommend), it’s here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001cgd7 at about 2:33

i can’t believe she said you could turn spag bol into a goulash by adding ‘herbs and spices’ and then a chilli by adding paprika and a square of chocolate. What herbs and spices does she think go into a goulash that don’t include paprika?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I feel like I'm reading an absolutely gripping book and just realised that there's only 2 pages left..... I got a proper sinking feeling (much like the *ahem* Yorkshire puddings must've had) 🙁
How am I going to fill my days now??

I think im gonna need a support group to see me through this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The mind boggles doesn't it? The perverse thing about all of this is that it's just there, right before our very eyes. The scales are coming off now, I think.

That said, my sister in law, who is a very low earner, still managed to waste money on Botox ans some weird beading thing that I don't understand, in her face last year.
Not buying into the beauty business (mostly targeted at women of course) saves thousands of pounds over the years.
There's my thrifty tip.
My tip jar is open.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
She’s definitely up to something with bots on twitter there are loads of the below (but this one has scraped the woman article, duh!)
276FA792-D727-4D8C-A62B-8D2F5985FA1F.jpeg

squig has the sense to see through the bleating that it’s a coordinated “right wing attack” as did this one below, which made me 🦉 🍾 greatly.
39B407B2-DD9D-4CD5-992D-98D5DEF6E827.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I really think the ’ Oh Jack is being trolled ‘ brigade is underpinned by the media outlets who did not research her story and are quietly red faced, similarly the blue tick celebs. No one likes to admit they have been taken in, just look at the dating app frauds that happen on a daily basis. However, the media have no excuse, they failed to do the due diligence, they fed her and in some ways created the monster, we also need to ask questions of these outlets.

Having watched Jack for about a year, I do wonder how many more are also doing the same. I think her open greed and unbelievable list of ailments/large list of woke affiliations has massively been her undoing, but suspect many more are doing the same only being more subtle. Tightening charity donation rules, SM tackling the fact their platforms are being used to fleece people is an absolute minimum that should be expected to tackle the increasing amount of internet confidence tricksters.

Reactions: 54
The bots and that YouTube video are beyond pathetic. Bet she's desperate for a drama channel to talk about her.

Reactions: 21
Surely all that will do is encourage more people to click over to here to have a nosey? Seems counterproductive as they don‘t seem to like us much.
They only have about 15 followers, I can't see us being inundated.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.