Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Martina Mercer - Is jack Monroe a Liar?

☝she doesn't cover everything, but it's a new article on Jack. I don't know anything about the author but she seems to come from a working class background and she's really pissed off with Jack... that tide is well and truly turning dear fraus!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.
Totally. There are absolutely ways of making the most out of loyalty schemes etc, sometimes even ‘gaming’ them a bit, like some people do with credit card and airline points. And a lot of people would find that extremely useful.

But working this out would require real work and difficult research.

Reactions: 24
Agree with this. Her hand-written stock-takes, all-night posting sprees, senseless transcription sessions, and continual furniture re-arrangement all seem very speedy to me.

If you wanted to be very generous, you might say that it's down to her being a touch over-medicated for her ADHD - but I suspect that there's rather more to it than that.

I got myself in a really dark place abusing ritalin. I was crushing the pills and snorting them - embarrassing to admit as a middle aged professional. It got to the stage where I was even doing it at work, imagine if I had been caught god. I would stay up all night when I had a deadline to get work finished, snorting and writing. It made work fun, I actually loved those crazy nights, but it was terrible for my mental health and I could no longer manage to work without it. I can't have it in the house at all anymore otherwise I'll abuse it. Snorting anything is a massive dopamine hit and incredibly addictive. Jack probably has access to much better drugs than ritalin, but it's definitely possible to get into a bad place just with that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
People have been talking a lot about HH2 being the beginning of the end for Jack and in retrospect - and listening to the podcast - I really can't believe she thought she'd get away with any of this. Posting about how she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, just a few months after that photo of her newly dyed hair and a list of all the (expensive, too!) products she used on it? Says she can't afford shower gel or even to have the lights on but she has a ton of brand deals including with Superdrug which is paying her to promote their budget toiletries. A decade as a public figure who's sold books and worked with a number of companies but writes as if she's in the exact same situation as she was 10 years ago? Pride really does come before a fall
She’s a moron because she could have done a ten year anniversary update saying she was doing better, but was still poor. For example, highlighting that she’s still stuck in a cycle of renting and still cautious about money. That would resonate with a lot of people and still bring the Patreon bucks in to ‘support her work’. Poverty does leave a lasting impression on your life and it can give you a weird relationship with money. But of course, being Jack she’s the poorest of the poor, the most severe poorest povo of all time.

She wouldn’t have even remembered the anniversary of HH1 if she wasn’t browsing Tattle like a massive narc. I remember posting that it was ten years and thinking ‘yeah I bet she writes a stupid blog about this’ and behold! Makes u think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I know people have speculated that it's for the healthcare plan with the vet but it still sounds too low. Now I have no idea which vet she might be with, but I use Vets 4 Pets and there is one near Jack. The adult cat plan is £12.50 (which I pay for as well as insurance on nowhere near Jack's income), puppy is £15. Really makes u think.
To be fair she listed a monthly payment of about £180 for the two grand cooker she’s owned for 4 year so
CBFA0E0C-F5AB-49C0-8E09-FCA95B0A86EE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Haven't commented on these threads for a while, but have been watching (as my occasional like or haha reaction to posts will show), but re: rtialin, as I may have said before, I was prescribed it between the ages of 8 till 18.

I will say it definitely helped my concentration, but 1) I weighed 9 stone 8 when I left secondary school. I'm a ~5'11 bloke. That looks *very* skinny, and I had a ridiculously large appetite, and 2) by the end of that period I used to feel sick if I went a couple of days without taking it (I didn't usually have it at weekends or school holidays). I don't recommend that.

This post is not a comment on anyone else and is intended solely as a relevant anecdote.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I believe it's about RaveIry. I've signed up so I'll go digging for it.
Have you found it? I was on Ravelry when all the drama kicked off, was incredible and then hard to explain to any non knitting friend. Would love to hear it all dissected.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't think it's just coke. She's speeding too. Might be her ADHD meds but she has lots of behaviours that are congruous with excessive use of amphetamines
I agree, one behaviour in particular that stands out for me is the constant reorganising/moving rooms around! The way she has looked in her last few TV spots too, completely strung out and like she hasn't slept for days. Regarding the j1g, her aggression towards others has always been one of the things that makes me 🧐.

Reactions: 36
Well, that was a mega grunk. I hope JM has the backlash she deserves. Conning people on Paetron and every other scam. I feel sorry for her son and her family because they will be on the frontline of her reactions and tantrums.

Reactions: 29
She can leave the haunted bird house and that’s her best move in ages, but she will not find the engagement she craves on Instagram. Given some of the really good and genuine pages on there I just can’t see her horror show face tuning and slop pics hitting the mark. I think she’ll find that a deep pond to fish in and it’ll be really interesting to see her follower count. 🎢 ⬇

Reactions: 32
I agree, one behaviour in particular that stands out for me is the constant reorganising/moving rooms around! The way she has looked in her last few TV spots too, completely strung out and like she hasn't slept for days. Regarding the j1g, her aggression towards others has always been one of the things that makes me 🧐.
If I had no experience of coke and people told me it would make me want to rearrange furniture and behave like Jack Monroe, I'd never touch it

• Haha
Reactions: 53
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
AM has QT’d but then deleted a tweet about the BARpod podcast.

ETA seems like she didn’t know this was coming, so it must be something else.

I’m a bit meh about the pieces that have been published since AM’s medium piece. They regurgitate a lot of AM’s post with their opinion tacked on. How helpful is it really?
AC49B098-FF9C-4201-A512-E1555169007F.jpeg

Reactions: 33
I’m not as experienced with Speed (tried it once, made me violently unwell. If I smell it I immediately start vomiting now) so I haven’t mentioned it but I think this is very very possible from the little I do know.
I have that same reaction only it's scent memory -based.

If she has ADHD then her meds won't be having that reaction unless she is taking way too much. I only get a bit speedy if I'm also drinking alcohol mixed with caffeine as it multiplies the affect.
I don't believe for one minute she has ADHD

Reactions: 18
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.
I thought this the other day.
I don't shop in Asda because there isn't one near me. However my daughter has one near her. She moved in to a new place last week and we helped her move in. Whilst my husband did the heavy lifting I went to Asda to get a few bits for her.
The new 'pounds not points' thing was heavily promoted in store. You'd think the Poverty Princess would be promoting it wouldn't you?

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.