Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd say fairly often.

What makes it sadder is that if it is true, then she's sat by herself, snorting lines and trying to be funny on Twitter. It's all a bit tragic really.
As a previous recreational frau, one thing which stands out is that she can type well at all hours of the night. Drunk people tend to get increasingly drunk and start typing nonsense. Whereas one reason Colombian marching powder is popular, a top tv exec told me, is that you can still work. You can keep “topped up” and try to avoid boozing and maintain normal service.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Well, that was a mega grunk. I hope JM has the backlash she deserves. Conning people on Paetron and every other scam. I feel sorry for her son and her family because they will be on the frontline of her reactions and tantrums.
I know. It's horrible, I could imagine that if Jack is hurting then she'll make anyone close to her suffer as well. I've known people like that.
All the money she's scammed over the years, much more than I think we realise and she can't take her son on holiday. fair enough it might be for safeguarding concerns but he goes to a caravan for a few days and she goes abroad and all over the country.Took his David Walliams book away, gleefully accepted the Lego flowers. Where are the things just for him ? He couldn't even arrange his room. The figures in there she claimed belonged to someone else.
Does she know how badly this reflects on her ? No. Or she doesn't care. It's all Content.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
This is all jolly invigorating isn't it? I did however do a quick Patreon numbers check & duck me they have gone up.
Last time I looked ( week or two ago?) it was 767 today it's 775. So there's that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
£8640 for a 2 grand cooker doesn't even sound that ridiculous depending on the credit agreement, tbh.
That’s true. I suspect she’s got absolutely awful credit and wouldn’t be surprised if half the reason she’s in such a mess is credit card debt. I used to owe a lot on cards, and it’s manageable for a while but it spirals like crazy and before you know it, that’s a huge chunk of your income gone. She seems exactly the sort who’d see her credit limit increased by £500 and think ‘that’s £500 I need to spend right now’.

Reactions: 41
Here we go: https://www.sundaywoman.com/is-jack-monroe-a-liar-bootstrap-cook-faces-scrutiny/

It's a very thorough article that raises some interesting questions. The first time I've seen outright criticism in more mainstream press. I did a bit of a read-up on the publication - one of the fastest growing titles in the consumer / luxury goods space for women aged 30 and above.
The author is justifiably angry. She donated to Jack although struggling herself. I think this will apply to more and more as the extent of the grifting becomes clear.

• Sad
Reactions: 49
AM has QT’d but then deleted a tweet about the BARpod podcast.

ETA seems like she didn’t know this was coming, so it must be something else.

I’m a bit meh about the pieces that have been published since AM’s medium piece. They regurgitate a lot of AM’s post with their opinion tacked on. How helpful is it really?
View attachment 1613980
I think at the very least, it spreads the message further and gets more people talking and noticing the problems?

Wonder if we're in for an eventful weekend canal.?! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Thinking about her spendy habits, I can now see why she got rid of her limited company.

Sole traders have much more freedom around what they class as business expenses than company directors do. I'd be willing to bet that she's setting most of what she buys against tax.

So, all that crockery? She needs it to display her cookery
Thirty bleeping sideboards? Essential storage for her business
Overnight trip to Dublin? That was for a paid interview
Half her rent? Well, she needs a room to use as an office, another as a photography studio, a third for videos and interviews - and, of course, her kitchen is essential to her work, too
Viv Westwood dresses? Worn to awards ceremonies, which are so important for marketing
She might even get away with claiming her weekly Ocado order is needed for recipe development!

She's bound to be well above the VAT threshold, so gets to claim back 20% of non-food items that she buys straight away.

For anything consumable or expendable, she'll be able to claim the rest back in the same year... and for everything else, she can write off the depreciation - probably something like 20% of the value each year for five years.

If she were on PAYE earning what she does, she'd be paying well over £50k in tax a year (income tax plus EE & ER NICS). I'd love to know what she actually pays.

• Wow
Reactions: 55
Here we go: https://www.sundaywoman.com/is-jack-monroe-a-liar-bootstrap-cook-faces-scrutiny/

It's a very thorough article that raises some interesting questions. The first time I've seen outright criticism in more mainstream press. I did a bit of a read-up on the publication - one of the fastest growing titles in the consumer / luxury goods space for women aged 30 and above.
It's good, but the way it's written makes it sound like SB is still a small boy (the toy comment) - I wish she'd clarified the 10 year thing and how old he is now. (And personally, I get annoyed with incorrect grammar from people in her position, ie editorial director - she should know that a dot comes within the brackets if the entire sentence is contained within. It's a tiny thing but it irritates me - I promise I'm not 100% grammar police though!:LOL:)

That aside, I'm pleased it's out there for more people to see and that the opening paragraph really set the tone.😁Surely, now, the big media outlets have to say something!
Wonder if Jack Monroe grifter will say it's libel and threaten to sue? Wouldn't surprise me, but then again, maybe she's not that stupid.

Loved this comment though! "She claims it’s over the posting of her mother’s Aunt Bessie’s insipid roast potatoes and the insults she received as a result" :LOL::LOL::LOL: And let's congratulate TOM for making it into the article - I wonder if he's aware? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
pshhhhhhhhhh turns out I’m a good little Frau all my life I thought that coke and amphetamine are the same thing!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.
At work we can't call out even the most blatant of addiction in service users.
However, what we CAN say is that they 'present' as being intoxicated.
So we can't say 'service user was drunk' but we can say 'service user appeared to be drunk. They stunk of booze and slurred their words'
So saying 'Jack Monroe presents as a person who appears to be off of their tits on coke' is absolutely fine.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
This is all jolly invigorating isn't it? I did however do a quick Patreon numbers check & duck me they have gone up.
Last time I looked ( week or two ago?) it was 767 today it's 775. So there's that.
People who've been scammed do sometimes double down as they've got too much invested in it emotionally.

And I guess there will be a lot of people who are only getting the message that she's under attack, not why.

Reactions: 27
As a previous recreational frau, one thing which stands out is that she can type well at all hours of the night. Drunk people tend to get increasingly drunk and start typing nonsense. Whereas one reason Colombian marching powder is popular, a top tv exec told me, is that you can still work. You can keep “topped up” and try to avoid boozing and maintain normal service.
This is something I’ve been thinking, but was never sure how to phrase it. Her tweets/writing never look like she’s been drunk.

Whatever substances she may or may not be abusing*, for me, her biggest problem is that she’s a total narc. I know that word is thrown around a lot these days, but she really is, and it’s disturbing.

* If she was using coke or whatever, I wouldn’t judge her, in the same way that I don’t judge any fraus who share their experiences with it here, I really respect how open and honest you all are. I just have a problem with her lies around it all. Sorry not explaining this very well!

• Heart
Reactions: 70
We've seen a few people saying they've joined for £1 just to get into the group chat, so that could be the reason why. Full numbers should be out in the next few days, so let's see what's happened overall (hopefully, it's dropped dramatically!) x

Reactions: 39
Have you found it? I was on Ravelry when all the drama kicked off, was incredible and then hard to explain to any non knitting friend. Would love to hear it all dissected.
I have been worrying about this, I love Frankie Brown's patterns, what on earth happened?

Reactions: 10
I don’t think I ever did anything really awful as a coke head. I was just really, really boring, unreliable and not as good at my job as I thought I was. But it really does make you feel like you’re a brilliant and super clever and funny person. That combined with an NPD type personality like Jack’s is a pretty heady combo. I knocked it on the head (don’t do any drugs now) once I had kids. You can’t abuse class As and be a decent parent.

If she has diagnosed ADHD, why does she have a private script? Even if you have a private dx, you should be able to get Ritalin or whatever on the nhs.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.