Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t say too much but a well known glossy women’s lifestyle mag has just put out a comment request, on the media database I use, for response to the Medium article on Jack.
Sorry if I’m being thick but does this mean they’ve asked for comment from Jack or Molly?

• Wow
Reactions: 33
The cost, food unwrapped did a 'thing' the cost difference was huge, saved time, but not money
What's the betting, now she's "concentrating" on Instagram and actually doing stories, that a Hello Fresh subscription discount code will pop up soon. If it does, I'm calling bingo. Go well, pals.

This has been quite the morning for Jack Monroe grifter, shite cook, pathetic budgeter, non-single mum, hoarder and spending addict, hasn't it? TOTALLY HERE FOR IT! :m

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I have fallen behind again, and won't actually be able to listen to the BARpod episode until tomorrow. But this is the news I mentioned on F&D a little while ago, and also the reason I am such a stickler for facts here.

(I was also the source for the knitting drama episode a few months ago, for those who heard that. 👀)
The knitting drama?
Did Jack finish the Weetabix blanket?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I can’t say too much but a well known glossy women’s lifestyle mag has just put out a comment request, on the media database I use, for response to the Medium article on Jack.
Is it Heat? Is Heat still in print? They could revive the circle of shame but just put it around her food.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Ever since I started lurking here, it's been bugging me that Jack reminds me of someone, physically, but I couldn't think of who. Now I think I've worked it out--it's the actor Michael Shannon.

1664459086413.png

Does anyone else see it, or is it just me? This isn't meant as a comment on Jack's appearance, BTW, just a sense that her face seemed familiar.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Ever since I started lurking here, it's been bugging me that Jack reminds me of someone, physically, but I couldn't think of who. Now I think I've worked it out--it's the actor Michael Shannon.

View attachment 1613557

Does anyone else see it, or is it just me? This isn't meant as a comment on Jack's appearance, BTW, just a sense that her face seemed familiar.
Soz, but it's just you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Can you imagine driving through the streets of Scotland having to listen to that, the fungus made me dizzy - in no fit state to operate heavy machinery! The show wants closing down.

Glossy mag - GR*ZIA??
Take a Break? ‘Trolls called my DISABLED mum’s potatoes DIRE’

• Haha
Reactions: 91
Sorry to disrupt the flow of conversation, but I just wanted to add that imo Hopkins took herself down by refusing to donate and apologise for a clear case of mistaken identity and then not turning up in court. Even then the victory had many critical observations against JM’s Twitter behaviour from the judge. It really wasn’t the big deal she makes it out to be and in any case the award was most part legal costs, as we all know.
This! People talk as if she's Erin Brockovich. 😂

(and Jack's idea of gourmet is... Well, it's not gourmet. Prison food is better than Jack's)
I've never tried prison food, but can confirm that even space food is better than Jack's creations. By space food I mean freeze-dried astronaut food and not food cooked by space squig. The texture's sort of repetitive, but there's a lot more flavour. It also consists of flavours a normal person would want to taste - ice cream, for example - as opposed to 'mashed monkfish prune butterbean burger smoothie with pineapple icing' or whatever abomination emerges next from her haunted kitchen. Still not hungry after fungus-feet-sinus radio btw. Appetite has LEFT.

It's funny what you guys are saying about whether Jack actually is an alcoholic. A friend sat on her table at an industry 'do' quite some years ago (maybe 2017? 2016? I think when she claimed she was still heavily drinking) and apparently she barely drank, barely ate anything and disappeared to the loos for long stretches with her date between every course for some pretty blatant Coca Cola consumption.
I sometimes wonder if she's actually getting clean from a class A habit but just chose to say it's alcohol as it's more palatable to her flying monkeys and celeb supporters, and above all, a lot cheaper.
This makes total sense and would explain the mood swings & other unpleasant behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have fallen behind again, and won't actually be able to listen to the BARpod episode until tomorrow. But this is the news I mentioned on F&D a little while ago, and also the reason I am such a stickler for facts here.

(I was also the source for the knitting drama episode a few months ago, for those who heard that. 👀)
@colouredlines I didn't know they'd done one about knitting drama. Is this all the stuff from 2019 about Maria Tusken / Kate Davies / Sockmatician plus the woman who confronted Sockmatician whilst egged on by her friend who ended up in prison for fraud? ....or have I completely missed some new chaos in the fibre world? Just wondered before paying $5 to sign up.

Apologies for veering off-topic. Anyway, back to Jack...

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Just as a matter of (my) interest, how much does J1g cost ? Say, if you took enough to damage your nose over about 10 years. Thousands ? Tens of thousands ?
Genuinely just wondering.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
What's the betting, now she's "concentrating" on Instagram and actually doing stories, that a Hello Fresh subscription discount code will pop up soon. If it does, I'm calling bingo. Go well, pals.

This has been quite the morning for Jack Monroe grifter, shite cook, pathetic budgeter, non-single mum, hoarder and spending addict, hasn't it? TOTALLY HERE FOR IT! :m

I notice the comments have been turned off for all of the posts on her IG feed.
I winder if she is under strict social media instruction by her agents?

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.