Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice the comments have been turned off for all of the posts on her IG feed.
I winder if she is under strict social media instruction by her agents?
That's normal for her to have comments off on there. I doubt she's under strict instruction from anyone. They may be advising her, but given what her behaviour is always like it doesn't seem like anyone ever has any firm rules with her.

Reactions: 33
This! People talk as if she's Erin Brockovich. 😂

I've never tried prison food, but can confirm that even space food is better than Jack's creations. By space food I mean freeze-dried astronaut food and not food cooked by space squig. The texture's sort of repetitive, but there's a lot more flavour. It also consists of flavours a normal person would want to taste - ice cream, for example - as opposed to 'mashed monkfish prune butterbean burger smoothie with pineapple icing' or whatever abomination emerges next from her haunted kitchen. Still not hungry after fungus-feet-sinus radio btw. Appetite has LEFT.

This makes total sense and would explain the mood swings & other unpleasant behaviour.
Are you a spaceman? 🧑‍🚀👩‍🚀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Nah she’s more Daniella Westbrook.
She very often looks really pretty, but nevertheless she strongly reminds me of various ages of Steve Buscemi in a lot of her pictures. I've included a photo of him as a youth here because #bekind

1664463876948.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@That Forensic Man a few more additions for the Spenny List:

£300 print

Screenshot_20220929-143015_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-142950_Chrome.jpg

And 400+ Christmas baubles(!) Fraus at the time triangulated a cross section as being from John Lewis, Gisela Graham and Oliver Bonas, all in the range of £5 - £7.50 each. None of the others look like Home Bargains or Wilko either, so...£1,000 at a conservative estimate?

Screenshot_20220929-143519_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220929-143303_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
That's amazing. :love: I'm not familiar with the world of podcasts. Does this one get many listeners?

P.S. Just a reminder that Jack has been spending thousands on designer clothes and sideboards. Meanwhile, her poverty is so SEVERE that she needs to melt all of her lightbulbs down into one big lightbulb, freeze her soap into smaller soapcubes and train the brambly mice to collect rainwater in big leaves just so she can wash her hands. Makes you think.
Thread title nomination 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That's normal for her to have comments off on there. I doubt she's under strict instruction from anyone. They may be advising her, but given what her behaviour is always like it doesn't seem like anyone ever has any firm rules with her.
I still am aghast and loving tbf she has an agent. An agent who clearly has just let her run away with her own SM. Has she just given up on her?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
@That Forensic Man a few more additions for the Spenny List:

£300 print

View attachment 1613688
View attachment 1613689

And 400+ Christmas baubles(!) Fraus at the time triangulated a cross section as being from John Lewis, Gisela Graham and Oliver Bonas, all in the range of £5 - £7.50 each. None of the others look like Home Bargains or Wilko either, so...£1,000 at a conservative estimate?

View attachment 1613696View attachment 1613697
That unit to the left hand side of the tree isn’t this is it? Only spotted it because I literally favourited it on the JL app last night (have since decided against it in favour of a less dowdy bench lol).

19EEF990-DFBA-4D58-B81E-3D833FA296D8.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Just catching up after listening to the BARpod. Like others, I wish they hadn't used almost all of the ten minute preview talking about the name change/gender stuff, as that's by far the least interesting or objectionable thing about Jack and it just gives her defenders an easy opportunity to dismiss the whole thing as part of the alleged GC smear campaign.

I'd also love for this to have been a long form podcast, simply because there's so much bullshit to wade through. Like, they skimmed over the Patreon stuff in about 30 seconds when that could easily be a half-hour episode in itself.

That said, it was great to hear (almost) everything we've talked about laid out in one place, and if it brings the grift to a wider audience, all the better. Given that they contacted her before the podcast went out, I think we can safely assume this was the actual reason behind the potatoes explosion and subsequent flounce. I bet she's absolutely kicking herself for writing HH2; that was a massive overreach by her and really did open the floodgates for people who'd been watching the grift for years and then decided "enough."

She'll always have a devoted circle of (stupid) flying monkeys but her reputation really has been shattered these past few months. Before that, she had widespread support and the most negative reaction you'd see was people thinking she was a bit annoying, or the odd anonymous squig trying to wise people up to the bullshit. But now, everywhere online, you see people questioning the lies, the grifting, her atrocious conduct on social media, the constant need for praise and attention, even outright taking the piss out of her.
Others maintain that the name change and the jumping on the gender identity bandwagon is inseparable from the rest of it, and quite illuminating. What I find is that if those who are adherents of gender identity political beliefs can on the one hand advocate that people’s identities can not be questioned - that people are who they say they are - then when a grifter inadvertantly highlights the unintended consequences of that position, it’s reasonable to scrutinise both Jack’s motives and the context in which a political movement makes it taboo to question a claim someone makes about their identity.
Jesse and Katie are GC (to some extent) and that’s a lens they’re always going to view this through. For some of us, it’s crucial to recognise that a movement that claims that questioning unfalsifiable statements is taboo will *always* provide a safe space for grifters

• Heart
Reactions: 64
/off topic:
I was listening to an American podcast last week where one of the presenters was describing a garden tour of England she went on this summer. I was howling at her descriptions of British food. She wasn't being bitchy, but she simply could not understand the food being offered, especially a full English breakfast. She kept asking, "but why"? Reader, I hooted!

/on topic:
View attachment 1613059
Americans can start asking questions about full English/Irish breakfasts after they explain why they eat scones with gravy 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Did anyone manage to triangulate the squishy sofa she's sleeping on and the velvet sofabed she gave to a friend and all the billions of cushions?

Reactions: 14
It's funny what you guys are saying about whether Jack actually is an alcoholic. A friend sat on her table at an industry 'do' quite some years ago (maybe 2017? 2016? I think when she claimed she was still heavily drinking) and apparently she barely drank, barely ate anything and disappeared to the loos for long stretches with her date between every course for some pretty blatant Coca Cola consumption.
I sometimes wonder if she's actually getting clean from a class A habit but just chose to say it's alcohol as it's more palatable to her flying monkeys and celeb supporters, and above all, a lot cheaper.
As someone who’s had issues with coke, you are spot on in my opinion and I have been convinced of the exact same thing ever since I stumbled across all of this.

I also have no idea how much she must do. I’ve done it daily at times. I’ve been around people who’ve been awake solidly for days on end doing vast quantities and they don’t sound like jack.
Her behaviour also adds up to a mahooooosive habit.

Any idea when her “eating disorder” started? I’ve had one since I was a child. So I’m not saying no one who does coke has one but it does stop you getting hungry. I only know one person who still has an appetite on it (she can eat on any drug).

• Heart
Has anyone else been blocked by that green books account despite having never interacted with them? I liked the sound of them aside from the support of Jacko, but I've been blocked. Weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Others maintain that the name change and the jumping on the gender identity bandwagon is inseparable from the rest of it, and quite illuminating. What I find is that if those who are adherents of gender identity political beliefs can on the one hand advocate that people’s identities can not be questioned - that people are who they say they are - then when a grifter inadvertantly highlights the unintended consequences of that position, it’s reasonable to scrutinise both Jack’s motives and the context in which a political movement makes it taboo to question a claim someone makes about their identity.
Jesse and Katie are GC (to some extent) and that’s a lens they’re always going to view this through. For some of us, it’s crucial to recognise that a movement that claims that questioning unfalsifiable statements is taboo will *always* provide a safe space for grifters
I would like to like this a thousand times over - and will probably be banished to the gender forum for doing so. Rules is rules. But it's a really good point.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
To all the Bravehearted Fraus and Herrs listening to radio tartan all morning - consider yourselves honorary Scots ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Has anyone else been blocked by that green books account despite having never interacted with them? I liked the sound of them aside from the support of Jacko, but I've been blocked. Weird.
i used to live around the corner from its old location, the guy running it seems well meaning but dim, basically imagine any thirsty leftie man ontwitter and that’s him. I suspect he signs up to blocklists and the like

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It looks like there might be a "false narrative push" coming from some "bot" accounts on Twitter, that are all linking to the recent video that references the 2015 issues.

For anyone that doesn't know how this works, there are websites where you can buy posts, followers, likes retweets etc, and these are the type of accounts will be used to fulfil those requirements.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is nothing more that a very poor attempt at "reputational management".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.