Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice the comments have been turned off for all of the posts on her IG feed.
I winder if she is under strict social media instruction by her agents?
I think she is preparing for something coming. She is expecting something.

Reactions: 59
It's funny what you guys are saying about whether Jack actually is an alcoholic. A friend sat on her table at an industry 'do' quite some years ago (maybe 2017? 2016? I think when she claimed she was still heavily drinking) and apparently she barely drank, barely ate anything and disappeared to the loos for long stretches with her date between every course for some pretty blatant Coca Cola consumption.
I sometimes wonder if she's actually getting clean from a class A habit but just chose to say it's alcohol as it's more palatable to her flying monkeys and celeb supporters, and above all, a lot cheaper.
Maybe this is how her nasal passages got broken?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ever since I started lurking here, it's been bugging me that Jack reminds me of someone, physically, but I couldn't think of who. Now I think I've worked it out--it's the actor Michael Shannon.

View attachment 1613557

Does anyone else see it, or is it just me? This isn't meant as a comment on Jack's appearance, BTW, just a sense that her face seemed familiar.
Nah she’s more Daniella Westbrook.
6B9CAFD2-0BE0-4FE0-83F2-50FE2C823DD2.jpeg
AC7C4AE6-9E9C-4DB4-9C86-FEA5CC684D31.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
@colouredlines I didn't know they'd done one about knitting drama. Is this all the stuff from 2019 about Maria Tusken / Kate Davies / Sockmatician plus the woman who confronted Sockmatician whilst egged on by her friend who ended up in prison for fraud? ....or have I completely missed some new chaos in the fibre world? Just wondered before paying $5 to sign up.
I believe it's about RaveIry. I've signed up so I'll go digging for it.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Got to say, this series of The Jack Monroe Show has been a real ride - so much less predictable than previous years. Can’t even begin to guess what’s going to happen next. Might be time to bring a new character in, but great writing guys, edge of my seat here 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 😯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Just catching up after listening to the BARpod. Like others, I wish they hadn't used almost all of the ten minute preview talking about the name change/gender stuff, as that's by far the least interesting or objectionable thing about Jack and it just gives her defenders an easy opportunity to dismiss the whole thing as part of the alleged GC smear campaign.

I'd also love for this to have been a long form podcast, simply because there's so much bullshit to wade through. Like, they skimmed over the Patreon stuff in about 30 seconds when that could easily be a half-hour episode in itself.

That said, it was great to hear (almost) everything we've talked about laid out in one place, and if it brings the grift to a wider audience, all the better. Given that they contacted her before the podcast went out, I think we can safely assume this was the actual reason behind the potatoes explosion and subsequent flounce. I bet she's absolutely kicking herself for writing HH2; that was a massive overreach by her and really did open the floodgates for people who'd been watching the grift for years and then decided "enough."

She'll always have a devoted circle of (stupid) flying monkeys but her reputation really has been shattered these past few months. Before that, she had widespread support and the most negative reaction you'd see was people thinking she was a bit annoying, or the odd anonymous squig trying to wise people up to the bullshit. But now, everywhere online, you see people questioning the lies, the grifting, her atrocious conduct on social media, the constant need for praise and attention, even outright taking the piss out of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I’m so glad you posted that @OkTinkerbell

I’ve been trying to find a recent photo of her where a) she isn’t grinning inanely and b) she hasn’t facetuned to duck.

Anyway, what a difference 7 years makes. She used to have a nice nose

1318836B-531E-40A7-AB4F-33D49EFFEE75.jpeg

AC7C4AE6-9E9C-4DB4-9C86-FEA5CC684D31.png

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I said that a few threads ago! Great minds and all that.
I'm still queasy at the thought of stewing steak and tinned mandarins :sick: I could sit down for a week trying to think of the most revolting concoction possible (which is how Jack plans her recipes) and still never come up with that.
I might have to do a @Geetbo with the three tin tender.
Did you? This was on the bird app so maybe lifted from you? Pork Cyst - nom nom 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Wonder if the VBI is close to finishing now? Probably been pretty busy with the Google directors and the Tinder date business CEO idea - a lot of work going into that I’d imagine

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.