Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is such joy to listen to — two people from completely outside the Jackoverse encountering and explaining her to a new audience. I’ve thought this before but surely SHE IS SUNK?

lolol at Katie’s British accent. “More bread and jam Mummy” - that’s British for Mommy

• Haha
Reactions: 57
She should stay silent as she runs the risk of making things far worse. But this is Jack. She's impulsive, especially when in a rage, and she's also very brazen nowadays and clearly feels untouchable. She may look to new tactics to try and shut down talk about her. 🙄
Jack should stay silent and she should be taking steps to make amends and address the pateron stuff. Not because she thinks it is the right thing to do, but because she needs to salvage what remains of her career.

What Jack's next move will be, who knows, but it won't be that.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
What are the comments like Frau?

View attachment 1612886
They're ok, a lot of Americans discovering Jack for the first time. A couple of folk sticking up for her because she took down Hopkins. I've clipped a few of the better comments below.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.20.21.png

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.22.12.png

Screenshot 2022-09-29 08.23.14.png

This is in response to a long comment about how awful Hopkins is. I've not clipped it as I think most people know she's a massive racist etc and it's not really about Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Hello Fraus, delurking to share this - my favourite podcast is doing a 45 minute episode on Jack! It's for subscribers but will listen tomorrow and let you know what they say.
I didn't realise any grandparents were from Wales? Bit concerning if they have got that wrong from the start in the description.

Reactions: 13
I don’t know if BAR podcasts always drop at the same time but if not, it’s interesting that it’s landed 2 days before Patreon renewals.

Makes you think

I’m about to pay for a podcast for the first time EVER

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
They question some aspects of trans ideology (eg the need for teens to have surgery), which is enough to get them labelled genocidal TERFS, but they’re actually very respectful of trans identity in my opinion.

Also yeah Katie is actually a lesbian unlike Jack.
Yes, both have been cancelled for allegedly being bigots. They have lost work and been genuinely harassed and ostracised for their written work. Which seems to consist of "hold on a second, is this really the best approach".

I honestly hope that the canal will bring their capacity for critical evaluation to this. Their reputation is as ill-deserved as Jack's is warranted.

Edit: fark, I don't think I got that last bit right, but hopefully you know what I mean. They're 'bigots' as much as Jack is a 'saviour'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Yes, both have been cancelled for allegedly being bigots. They have lost work and been genuinely harassed and ostracised for their written work. Which seems to consist of "hold on a second, is this really the best approach".

I honestly hope that the canal will bring their capacity for critical evaluation to this. Their reputation is as ill-deserved as Jack's is warranted.
Jesse has been subject to the worst kind of threats you can imagine (really…he has posted screengrabs ) for investigations that question whether teenagers should always be encouraged to transition through hormones and surgery. I would say he is pretty moderate on trans issues but he’s been absolutely viciously targeted.

He and Katie are a bit irreverent but really not bigoted.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.
I don't think it was anything specific. She's probably just used to having expensive stuff that it's the norm.to her, and she doesn't understand how it looks to 'normal' people. People who can only afford Primark and have to wear it till it falls apart. Who have to superglue their only pair of shoes together. People who actually have to pawn their jewellry to feed their kids then can't afford to redeem it.
If she understood how it looks she would have been more careful about revealing her possessions on social media. No one ever had to know about her furniture or her diamond rings. All she had to do was run her SM professionally.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Oh boy 😯 She's in big trouble now. I really can't see how she'll get out of this. Good job the canal have started an inventory of goods, so when it properly goes tits up, she can see what to sell things for!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Urgent alert Scottish fraus ! Jackanory is on BBC radio Scotland at 9am. I'm not able to listen :(
Oh my god, we actually have some work for the worklog. (Fun fact, so far this month, Jack hasn't done the equivalent of one week's worth of full time hours. Not surprising, but Jesus christ)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
This is such a good comment.
Jack has been propped up by wealthy media luvvies for so long. Any hint of her true self being revealed in the past they would weigh in on twitter with their 'Jack Monroe is a force for good. Anyone disagreeing is a bully' stuff.
I suspect Billy Bragg has wised up to her after she was a no show at Glastonbury though. Those things take ages to organise.

Screenshot_20220929_083626.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Jesse has been subject to the worst kind of threats you can imagine (really…he has posted screengrabs ) for investigations that question whether teenagers should always be encouraged to transition through hormones and surgery. I would say he is pretty moderate on trans issues but he’s been absolutely viciously targeted.

He and Katie are a bit irreverent but really not bigoted.
Katie had stickers posted all over her city

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

Yeh. This. They are both pretty leftie people who've written about detrans kids and sounded some cautionary notes around early transition, based on a lot of research. For that they were ostracised and attacked online and in real life. I've listened to (I think) every episode of BARpod and they are 100% not transphobic in any real sense of that word. They often irritate GC Twitter as much as trans Twitter. I really think they are good people.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Omg I would love to hear this. Well jel Scottish ninnies. Will she be a no show again?

Screenshot_20220929_084629.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.