Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have stared too long into the spoon dimension my friend.
This is what happens when jack goes offline šŸ¤£šŸ¤ÆšŸ™ˆ
I only just got twitter for the sole purpose of wasting more time on jack so I'm a bit peeved...luckily she's still being tweeted about, so she's OK, according to Oscar Wilde 'There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.'

Had a look on her ig last night and had a chuckle at one of her recent-ish posts , went back to find it today to tattle with my tattle chums and whatever the post was, I'm sure its no longer there , could she also be sanitising her already pretty inane ig page knowing people will default to there?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh what a glorious morning. The sun is shining and I have a day of work ahead. I am just popping in to say this is quite the turn up for the books. I am also very conscious my FOI has yet to appear on the ONS website - not sure why itā€™s taking so long but I wondered if I should post the whole email (minus my name obviously) just to clear up any concerns that I made it all up? I noted a couple of dissenters on twitter a while back who would not believe it was true because it wasnā€™t on the ONS site. Anyway as you were, Iā€™m a subscriber to B&R but have to save it for lunch. Also superb inventory skills on the contents of Jackā€™s hoard. Those spoons take me back to being pregnant (metallic ick), I can smell them from here. šŸ¤¢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
What kind of idiot thinks that things will be quiet now sheā€™s LEFT Twitter, so has a few days off Tattle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Didnā€™t she post she had vet insurance for content claimed Ā£12 pcm which is way below best deal we got for eats own tit lab
To be fair, Labs do have additional excess charges because of the tendency to eat tit of all varieties. My two will eat (in no particular order of preference) : their own, own own cats from the litter tray, the neighbours cats from the garden, fox, if they have got bored of rolling in it, deer, goose, cow, pig and unfortunately, human.

And then they wonder why I don't want to give them kisses. bleeping beautiful monsters.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Oh what a glorious morning. The sun is shining and I have a day of work ahead. I am just popping in to say this is quite the turn up for the books. I am also very conscious my FOI has yet to appear on the ONS website - not sure why itā€™s taking so long but I wondered if I should post the whole email (minus my name obviously) just to clear up any concerns that I made it all up? I noted a couple of dissenters on twitter a while back who would not believe it was true because it wasnā€™t on the ONS site. Anyway as you were, Iā€™m a subscriber to B&R but have to save it for lunch. Also superb inventory skills on the contents of Jackā€™s hoard. Those spoons take me back to being pregnant (metallic ick), I can smell them from here. šŸ¤¢
Always worth it for the media section. Harder to deny if it's screenshot of a squigged email

Reactions: 19
Welcome, fellow friend of Bill W ā¤

AA Jack has been discussed a lot over many a thread. Iā€™m open about the fact Iā€™m in AA and others have spoken about being in the fellowship too.

Thereā€˜s a school of thought herr that Jack is lying about her alcoholism - be that she isnā€™t an alcoholic at all or sheā€˜s had spells of not drinking but may have relapsed. I think Iā€™m right in saying she admitted over a year ago that she had relapsed but hadnā€™t let on. I understand why people think that but I guess I donā€™t want to think she would lie about alcoholism or play on it as another cosplay.

With regard to chips, Iā€™m in NE Scotland and my home group bought sobriety chips with our own money. It was a decision taken at GC but we all agreed it wasnā€™t an appropriate use of Tradition 7 money. Iā€™ve no idea about Jackā€™s area but if multiple groups do it Iā€™d be surprised so maybe itā€™s one group, or equally, she could be lying and bought them all herself.

She plays fast and loose with all AA stands for and doesnā€™t seem to care that this is wrong. I remain unconvinced sheā€™s done the Steps, solely based on what she says. I agree, if she has a Sponsor theyā€™re probably wringing their hands waiting for her to realise.

It may be worth searching her threads for any AA mention, if you want to see some of the other posts about it. I can only speak for myself but I feel quite strongly that when Jack chats tit about AA, I have the chance to say ā€œnah, thatā€™s not what itā€™s likeā€ (the Trysted Servant positions and Jack being Group Secretary when less than a year sober being an example)
I honestly don't know of many people doing service with a year sober. I remember being about six months sober and being asked to do the top table and someone saying it maybe wasn't the right time to.

There is no way she has done the steps with anything like the rigour required (I'm 15 years alcohol free and haven't done the steps, so they aren't exactly a hard core requirement), but Jack's thirst for chaos is contradictory to honest, grounded sobriety. If she *is* an alcoholic and *is* attempting abstainance, she's white knuckling her way into a massive relapse.

There is simply no way that Jack could say her behaviour is in keeping with someone whose primary purpose is sobriety.

All this being said, Jack clearly has an array of personality defects and perhaps alcohol plays a part in these. And AA sadly does attract some who thrive on drama - they rarely achieve sober longevity though.

I just don't think she could honestly say alcohol made her life unmanageable.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
This is what happens when jack goes offline šŸ¤£šŸ¤ÆšŸ™ˆ
I only just got twitter for the sole purpose of wasting more time on jack so I'm a bit peeved...luckily she's still being tweeted about, so she's OK, according to Oscar Wilde 'There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.'

Had a look on her ig last night and had a chuckle at one of her recent-ish posts , went back to find it today to tattle with my tattle chums and whatever the post was, I'm sure its no longer there , could she also be sanitising her already pretty inane ig page knowing people will default to there?
Has the podcast got any mention on Twitter?

Reactions: 12
Owling and champagning at them promoting the segment and saying "especially cooking for one"

Harold LEFT.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She's not on Radio Scotland until after 10am. Going to mute it until then because it's giving me SEVERE ANXIETY.

"She's not Irish".

What the duck. Jack's a cock but that comment from the female journalist was shite too.
I *think* that's a nod to Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal. But also, Jack IS an Irish Cypriot Pitsea Scot. Or something.

Reactions: 38
My only criticism of the podcast is a wish that they hadn't kicked off by talking about her birth/dead name in that manner simply because it facilitates more dismissal of legitimate criticism because it can be framed as GC.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
My only criticism of the podcast is a wish that they hadn't kicked off by talking about her birth/dead name in that manner simply because it facilitates more dismissal of legitimate criticism because it can be framed as GC.
I only listened to the 10 minute segment and way too much of it was focused on that. If you're unfamiliar with Jack, it's an unfortunate way to start.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes, I was just listening and thought the same. Also I didn't like the piss taking about British food. I'm in a grump today so I'm sure that's just my mood talking. The Jack stuff is fascinating to hear out loud though. It's like she's been hiding in plain sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.