Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg, I did a scream! I have an important deadline today, but will subscribe and listen, because this sounds too delicious! Too hell with work and professionalism.
Haha, I think I am goign to dedicate my lunch break to it :LOL:

Reactions: 21
That's less than I pay for a cat ffs.
I didn’t know this, and it really roasts my spuds.

On the one hand, she’s posting Content pics left right and centre saying how much she loves her, look at the ickle puppy dog eyes etc., on the other hand, if she’s being truthful about the insurance and her financial situation then she clearly doesn’t love her enough to make financial arrangements to look after her if she gets ill or seriously injured. 😡

Edit: Or of course she is completely lying about her financial situation, and doesn’t need proper insurance as she’s “no doubt, probably earning more than the Prime Minister”. Either way, vile.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Cost aside - the amount of stuff in her gaff has long since been my aneurysm.

Moving several times with very little help, no car and no money for fancy removal services
Agreed. I moved a lot in my 20s, even internationally, and I quickly unlearned buying tit I didn't need (like DVDs and books at car boot sales, not even thinking about big pieces of furniture) because I hated moving all my things around.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.
And then bounced right back to showing off again with photos of 3 engagement rings. She doesn’t know if she’s coming or going.

Either that or she’ll accuse them of being transphobic. Hasn’t Katie had flak before for stuff she did on detrans?

(Isn’t Katie a Lesbian as well and fairly left-leaning? That’ll make it a little awkward for Jack to deploy the “fascist Tories are out to make me STOP BREATHING” line).
I just saw an article describing the podcasters as GC, no idea if that's correct (not a podcast frau)? But if even semi true, yes that will likely be the angle she'll go with to discredit them.

• Wow
But when people like Johann Hari
I was disappointed when the Johann Hari story broke. I liked his writing and thought he was decent. :(

I think it might bring about some interest from sectors that I personally don’t care for.
You don't have to give any response to this, especially as you said you wouldn't elaborate, but I'm curious to know which groups you're referring to. (Sorry I'm being nosy. This is how I've ended up on a gossip site! 😅).

now, can a kindly Podcast Frau tell me how I do this? Imagine teaching your aged mother how to use tech and pitch it at that level.
I did this during lockdown when I taught my mother to order food online. If you want a realistic version of that scenario, you'd have to go into another room and shout one or more of these phrases every 2 minutes:
Statuswoe, what have I done now?!
Why is the screen blank?
Why is it trying to give me cookies? What are cookies?
What's that? *points at clickbait in the corner* It says -insert celebrity name- has died?
I hate technology.
Can't you put it out there onto the tubes?
What have I pressed?
Can you get me back to the page I was on?
*annoyed huffing noises*
I don't know why anyone ever invented computers.
This earwax removal ad is disgusting!
Where's the mouse gone?
Put it off now, I've had enough.
(Mum can do an online food shop now. It all worked out in the end)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Oh my God. I'm just listening to it just now. They're just getting stuck into the horrible food.

OH GOD OH GOD: Tracksuit Jeremy Kyle quote!
such a shame this is for primo subscribers only. That restricts the audience hugely. I don’t think Jack will have any comeback against BARpod. Jesse has been accused of such terrible things that anything Jack can say will be water off a Duck’s back.

I think sometimes they release primo episodes more broadly? Or else I’ll have to subscribe!

I just saw an article describing the podcasters as GC, no idea if that's correct (not a podcast frau)? But if even semi true, yes that will likely be the angle she'll go with to discredit them.
They question some aspects of trans ideology (eg the need for teens to have surgery), which is enough to get them labelled genocidal TERFS, but they’re actually very respectful of trans identity in my opinion.

Also yeah Katie is actually a lesbian unlike Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I think sometimes they release primo episodes more broadly? Or else I’ll have to subscribe!
I'm about to find a fiver down the back of the sofa and subscribe for a month just so I can listen to it. Remember to set a reminder to cancel before you get charged next.

Reactions: 29
I don’t know how to quote from previous threads - but for the questions about Jack being a premature baby

She was born at 30 weeks weighing 3lb 9oz

Her mum posted it to a premature baby group I’m in on Facebook, with a picture of her then and now which is how I recognised her.

It’s a closed group so I won’t post a screenshot.

• Wow
Reactions: 61
I have subscribed to BaR but cannot seem to work out how to actually listen to the full version ☹ none of the instructions make any sense and it doesn't link with spotify - any help out there?
Babe, same 😘
Ok, I hope this helps in any way. It probably won't link to Spotify because it is subscriber-only content.

I tend to just stream it directly from the site (https://www.blockedandreported.org/p/premium-the-literally-unbelievable)
But you should see a drop-down option across from, or underneath, the big play button that will give you a link you can copy into other systems.

If it's asking you for a password, there should be an option to "send email link"

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I wonder why she didn't comment on the podcast when they approached her. I don't get it.
She also hasn't approached AM despite her having her DMs open and tweeting and tagging Jack that she'd be more than happy to make any corrections.

So... My guess would be Jack is not able to dispute anything because it's true. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Blimey 😲
I listened to the free 10 minutes. It is fascinating to hear people respond to the Jack folk lore we are all so used to, and in a way are a bit immune to. Eg when she read out Jack's Jeremy Kyle 'I'm a normal person' quote - and Jesse said 'thats obnoxious', I thought anew omg yes it is obnoxious. Like hearing it all again with fresh ears. The inconsistencies and exagerrations.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Many thanks for the podcast help. I *think* I’ve done it, and only tutted, moaned and made comments like ‘eeeeeeeeh it was easier when you could tune into the wireless’ once.*

also thanks for the images of the pigskin hat. Not quite Real Ale Neckbeard, but almost.

*NB: I’m not that old really, mid forties, but I am a twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Ok so I’ve subscribed. Think I’ve done it 🙏
In the email you get when signed up, there is a link to copy and paste into your podcast app. I use Castbox, I pressed the search button in the app, and pasted the link into there. It took me to the podcast and there were only 17 episodes from 2020 😱 which was a bit concerning but then I just went back to the podcast page on the app and it’s got my email address adjacent to the title so I’m guessing I’m fully subscribed now and it’s downloaded the whole episode. Hope that helps? Go well pals
They switched platforms from Patreon to Substack at some point which might be why the number of episodes seems weird?

Many thanks for the podcast help. I *think* I’ve done it, and only tutted, moaned and made comments like ‘eeeeeeeeh it was easier when you could tune into the wireless’ once.*

also thanks for the images of the pigskin hat. Not quite Real Ale Neckbeard, but almost.

I'm turning 40 hence the useless explanations.
I'm hesitant to log out to get screenshots of the steps to access the content 😂 but I will if any Fraus need it.

Reactions: 19

Ah you're like me when it comes to technology. I think I've grasped it then something 'new' crops up. I always feel a bit like this

Screenshot_20220923_010504.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Blimey 😲
I listened to the free 10 minutes. It is fascinating to hear people respond to the Jack folk lore we are all so used to, and in a way are a bit immune to. Eg when she read out Jack's Jeremy Kyle 'I'm a normal person' quote - and Jesse said 'thats obnoxious', I thought anew omg yes it is obnoxious. Like hearing it all again with fresh ears. The inconsistencies and exagerrations.
Same. I thought, Jesus fella, you’re so right, it really is condescending and obnoxious. Plus this is coming from an American who may not fully understand the precise direction of what she said.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Oooh like the free ten minutes. Now I have FOMO and want to listen to it all.

Same. I thought, Jesus fella, you’re so right, it really is condescending and obnoxious. Plus this is coming from an American who may not fully understand the precise direction of what she said.
Yes that struck me too, that two Americans are a bit shocked by her already.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.
Welcome, fellow friend of Bill W ❤

AA Jack has been discussed a lot over many a thread. I’m open about the fact I’m in AA and others have spoken about being in the fellowship too.

There‘s a school of thought herr that Jack is lying about her alcoholism - be that she isn’t an alcoholic at all or she‘s had spells of not drinking but may have relapsed. I think I’m right in saying she admitted over a year ago that she had relapsed but hadn’t let on. I understand why people think that but I guess I don’t want to think she would lie about alcoholism or play on it as another cosplay.

With regard to chips, I’m in NE Scotland and my home group bought sobriety chips with our own money. It was a decision taken at GC but we all agreed it wasn’t an appropriate use of Tradition 7 money. I’ve no idea about Jack’s area but if multiple groups do it I’d be surprised so maybe it’s one group, or equally, she could be lying and bought them all herself.

She plays fast and loose with all AA stands for and doesn’t seem to care that this is wrong. I remain unconvinced she’s done the Steps, solely based on what she says. I agree, if she has a Sponsor they’re probably wringing their hands waiting for her to realise.

It may be worth searching her threads for any AA mention, if you want to see some of the other posts about it. I can only speak for myself but I feel quite strongly that when Jack chats tit about AA, I have the chance to say “nah, that’s not what it’s like” (the Trysted Servant positions and Jack being Group Secretary when less than a year sober being an example)

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.