Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow that's an impressive variety of items to find in puddles
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.

Reactions: 45
I hope this the exposé that stops her grifting. But when people like Johann Hari can just slime their way back it’s by no means a done deal.

Has Patreon ever kicked anyone off the platform?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.
@colouredlines has done a deep dive into her alcohol storylines before, it'll be buried deep within the threads. She has 'stopped drinking' many, many times. IMO, it's one of her go-to content fillers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
That picture is horrific. The spice pots have merged as one, and attached themselves to a smeg.
I imagine their form undulating and sloshing around the crappy bungalow as a mass, seeking out the next high cost household item on which to attach its / themself
each individual pot ssshlluuurrrppps all the lifeforce out of every white, silver or downpipe grey inanimate objet they 'hug' and Sentient Spicepot reanimates endlessly, marauding and whining for jack to evermore provide more of the middle class aspirational catalogue delights to be sucked up like so much brown gelatinous slop.
Now I think of it, when jack posted those thirsty sideboard pics, we were all taken aback by her clothing choices.
I realise she was wearing futuristic dystopia Sci fi clothes, hence us not understanding them.
She was trying to give us a real insight into how ravaged she is from trying to keep that beast fed every single day, and trying to save at least one soulless cotswold sideboard from the spicepot suckage.
She is A Good Person.
She doesn't want this griftlife, it's not her doing, Spicepot demands it of her.
She's trapped and tired. So tired. She grifts because she has no choice.
She didn't choose griftlife.
Griftlife chose her.
You have stared too long into the spoon dimension my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.
I think she did Jackmaths, gave the Trussell Trust (no other food banks are available) £11k, thought she could get away with it because she had Old Harold and his income, he LEFT, then she did a panic and got the begging bowl out.

Reactions: 63
Hello Fraus, delurking to share this - my favourite podcast is doing a 45 minute episode on Jack! It's for subscribers but will listen tomorrow and let you know what they say.
Omg, I did a scream! I have an important deadline today, but will subscribe and listen, because this sounds too delicious! Too hell with work and professionalism.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I wonder why she didn't comment on the podcast when they approached her. I don't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Has there been an in-depth study of Alcoholism Recovery Jack?

I read about the local shop contradictory stories, but there's more than that.

BTW, my name is Benign Narcissist and I'm an alcoholic, and regularly attended meetings and events for a number of years.

I have never seen, or heard of, an AA group in the UK give out the "sobriety chips" marking the length of time sober (though I have seen it in other 'anonymous groups' - Cocaine Anonymous, for example).

She might have a home group that does do it, but why would she accept multiple chips to mark the same length of sober time?

Any South of England friends of Bill W able to confirm if sobriety chips are given out?

Standard advice to new arrivals at AA is attend 90 meetings in 90 days, and don't drink in between. Anonymity is discussed, and I'm pretty sure someone with a high profile is advised that using said profile to announce early recovery risks damaging AA reputation, and putting others off trying it, in the event of a relapse.

If Jack does have a sponsor (AA veteran to do the 12 Step programme with), then they will be aghast at her social media antics.

Jack announced to the world her alcoholism with a Guardian article a week into 'sobriety' - everyone is different, but I don't know any AA members who made membership public within the first few months rather than days, except one guy who announced it on his Facebook page when he acted like a drunken fool at a work event and tried to worm out of getting sacked.

Jack may well have gone to AA. She may believe she is addicted to alcohol. She might even be. I can't know. But what I do know is that her exposing the organisation to association with her, particularly so early on, would likely cause immense discomfort to those who do "service" (volunteer to host and run the meetings). This is read out at the start of every meeting:

A.A. PREAMBLE
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Nobody would ever be asked to leave an AA meeting unless something really awful like violence resulted. But AA meetings will have people desperately in need of help arriving, and, if Jack does attend, find there is a social media personality with serious boundary issues there.

If Jack is in AA, she acted out of accordance with the spirit of anonymity the organisation has carefully cultivated over decades.

Many famous people have spoken of their membership - but usually after many years sobriety, and often significant service. Jack showed up and wrote a Guardian article about it.

It's all very weird and suspicious.
You have written what I think we all think about her use of AA as content. It’s all very fake. Performative nonsense. The multiple chips thing….. well she’s probably got a drawer full cos it’s Jack and she has to hoard items. We suspected she got them off Amazon or something. Thank you for sharing. As ever, we raise our hats and hearts to our AA fraus 😘🙏💕

• Heart
Reactions: 83
She's def impulsive, but I'm not sure if she feels untouchable. Some of her actions lately (e.g. the deleting sprees, epic potato strop) make me think she's aware of having lied herself into a corner.
Hmm I dunno... she's always been a tweet and deleter, and a large part of the potato strop was the inability to control the situation and silence people, imo. She's been used to getting away with increasingly brazen, public lies and I think that's what's given her the untouchable feeling. Either way, sucks to be Jack this morning, very much reaping what she has sown now! She'll be longing for the days when it was just this bunch of ninnies, laughing at slop 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Hello Fraus, delurking to share this - my favourite podcast is doing a 45 minute episode on Jack! It's for subscribers but will listen tomorrow and let you know what they say.
Christ alive, i took the evening off, i thought she is gone it will be a quiet night. Bloody hellfire lads. Speechless isnt the word.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
OMFG. This is two of my favourite worlds colliding. I will lay the tiniest of claims to having noticed this potentially happening.

View attachment 1612806

I now have to go listen for myself. Though imagine it’s worth every penny I’ve been giving Katie and her employee Jesse over the last couple of years. Damn, this is what a good subscription model gets you.
Amazing 😂
I’m also picturing @heretoreaditall2019 ’s excitement when she catches up. She’s always dreamed of a six-part Netflix doc or a podcast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Amazing 😂
I’m also picturing @heretoreaditall2019 ’s excitement when she catches up. She’s always dreamed of a six-part Netflix doc or a podcast.
It truly does need a long format podcast. Much as I adore the BARPOD team, I'm not sure that 40 minutes quite encapsulates the "Literally Unbelievable Tale".
I've been twitching in my seat at all the chaos they've missed out on.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think you might be crediting Jack with heretofore unforeseen levels of self awareness
I think it's "head in the sand and it'll all go away" - that is a behaviour I believe she has and probably contributed to her financial situation. She characterises it now as being scared of brown envelopes due to The Poverty (tm) but I think she just hates taking any type of responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I am not really a podcast frau but I’ve just done a bit of Googling and I’m less excited about this than I previously was. I know I disagree with a lot of people in these threads about some things so I’ll leave it there. And it’ll have reach, which is great, but I think it might bring about some interest from sectors that I personally don’t care for.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
If the flying monkeys are stupid enough to start piling on Blocked and Reported it's not going to do Jack Monroe any favours at all! I hope they do as B & R can handle it and they will see she has a cult like following that try to bully people off Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.