Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't go back off to sleep, so popped on here and lo we have some early hours drama! Ooh dear Jack! Guessing the usual creep back to twitter isn't going to happen for a while longer..? 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Tenner says Jack gets a SEVERE sting from one. Send cashos etc
Defra have got the National Bee Unit onto it. Which actually exists (to help pre-emptively protect hardworking smol bees from abuse, harassment, doxxing and death threats.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Imagine if Netflix or some documentary maker does do it? I know she’s small potatoes đŸ„” (Small, Dire Potatoes as a title?) but as a con job type story it’s a banger. People love that stuff.
I hope wonky b gets a cameo. Can’t help thinking of that woman who continued to insist Savile was a good guy even after he was exposed.
I just hope she can't capitalise on it.

đŸŽ¶ Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day
Oh what a wonderful feeling, everything's not going her way. đŸŽ¶

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If Blocked & Reported don’t see a sudden spike in subscribers since they posted the podcast, I will eat any slop of the canals choosing.

This is it, Fraus. Snowballs’ a rollin’ down that hill. Chapeau all for your hard work!

Now how do I cancel my subscription to the podcast so I don’t end up paying for it two years down the line?! đŸ€“

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Still listening to BARPOD. Nothing that would be new to us so far but it's a full potted history. She's fucked.

It's everything from Hunger Hurts 1, through to the Hopkins trial, Kickstarter, the health issues, Teemill, Patreon, all the collabs, Hunger Hurts 2.

Just mentioned Molly!

Jesse: "This is like a mega grift."

They asked to speak to Jack! She did not respond!

Now running through the 100 hour work week, contradictory tweets. Celebrity squad! FOI request to police. Katie Herzog has contacted Essex Police and awaiting a response. Now talking about Joshua Bonehill and clarifying he wasn't jailed for harassing her.

TATTLE HAS BEEN MENTIONED! THEY MENTION OUR BEAUTIFUL RECEIPTS!

THREAD 31!

Vimes Boots Index- ONS "Jack had nothing to do with this"

Tweeting terrible advice re fuel bills.

Threats to sue, transphobia right wingers. All debunked.

Katie Roche blogpost now being mentioned.

Homeless claims "living rough"/ never been homeless.

DIVA magazine debacle.

Claims of poverty but probably in top 10% of booksellers. "she's either lying or really bleeping bad with money"

Lesbian who currently dates men.

Claims to be able feed family on ÂŁ20 "irresponsible and galling".

They've been talking to a frau.

Here's the links included in the email

UPDATE: During this episode’s production, Monroe deleted her Twitter and few of her Tweets have been archived. Our apologies.

A Recipe For Jack Monroe

You will need:

• 25 oz. of alcoholism
  • COVID-19 (severe)
  • A whole autism (self-diagnosed)
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (if available)
  • 3 (or more) concussions
  • 1 grandparent who immigrated (from Wales)
  • Note: Add 5 tabs of testosterone for a Jacked Monroe instead.
This story, if cooked up convincingly, should get you hired by the BBC, Netflix, Hellmann’s, and Del Monte, shortly before making you an influential economist.

Just try not to look too closely at what’s inside.

View attachment 1612660 Monroe’s viral blogpost describing her poverty

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201235747/http:/agirlcalledjack.com/2012/07/30/hunger-hurts/

The Daily Mirror’s article describing Monroe eating on just £10 a week

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/young-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

View attachment 1612661 Monroe announces she has received her dream job at a local newspaper

https://web.archive.org/web/20130301120239/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2013/02/25/ive-got-a-brand-new-job-and-im-so-excited-i-could-squeak/

Monroe, non-binary, now goes by “them” (but will grant you an s-word pass)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-transformation-of-jack-monroe-tglnc393nw5

Jack Monroe v Katie Hopkins [2017]

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monroe-v-hopkins-2017-ewhc-433-qb-20170329-rev-1.pdf

Ten years after her viral blogpost, Monroe is still poor. I think?

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2022/07/31/the-curse-of-the-poverty-hangover-ten-years-on/

Awfully Molly’s blogpost outlining the case against Jack Monroe

https://medium.com/@AwfullyMolly/jack-monroe-saint-or-scammer-80ec92f37bb6

View attachment 1612662 Monroe leans into her identity as a working-class “third-generation immigrant”

https://web.archive.org/web/20220528175937/

Jack Monroe: An Investigation

https://katieroche.net/jack_monroe_investigation_main.html

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - AUGUST 25: British food writer, journalist and activist Jack Monroe attends the Edinburgh International Book Festival at Edinburgh College of Art on August 25, 2022 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Simone Padovani/Getty Images)
That's amazing. :love: I'm not familiar with the world of podcasts. Does this one get many listeners?

P.S. Just a reminder that Jack has been spending thousands on designer clothes and sideboards. Meanwhile, her poverty is so SEVERE that she needs to melt all of her lightbulbs down into one big lightbulb, freeze her soap into smaller soapcubes and train the brambly mice to collect rainwater in big leaves just so she can wash her hands. Makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Preemptive thanks to anyone transcribing and reporting on the podcast. I've been holding out for a Swindled episode on Mx Jack but this one will do!
I think it's around 3 am in the UK so odds are she's in bed and will wake up to a shitstorm.
Yesssssssss.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Oh & Vlad is being interesting again. Is that little van thingy one of the 'spacious homes'? It's nice of the homes stay all day, but where do we go when the homes leave the following day?

1664416725526.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
i Wonder if she will come out fighting and threatening legals, launch her remaining flying monkeys or stay silent.

Glad Katie is better at research than a British accent though.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
i Wonder if she will come out fighting and threatening legals, launch her remaining flying monkeys or stay silent.

Glad Katie is better at research than a British accent though.
She should stay silent as she runs the risk of making things far worse. But this is Jack. She's impulsive, especially when in a rage, and she's also very brazen nowadays and clearly feels untouchable. She may look to new tactics to try and shut down talk about her. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Well well. Insomniac driven tattle catch ups sometimes catch the worm. This must be what has been hinted about.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Final update for this evening, I'll just do one big one tomorrow, keep em coming ninnies x
ÂŁ428 fancy knobs (and counting)
ÂŁ250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
ÂŁ95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
ÂŁ72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+ÂŁ432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
ÂŁ25 wooden calculator (unused)
ÂŁ35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
ÂŁ100 pigskin hat
ÂŁ339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
ÂŁ155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price ÂŁ65-245)
ÂŁ1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
ÂŁ150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
ÂŁ104 rusty eBay spoons
ÂŁ110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
ÂŁ80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
ÂŁ780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
ÂŁ110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable (bedroom)
ÂŁ800 77 Lipsticks
ÂŁ200 14 Foundations
ÂŁ250 40 Eyeliners
ÂŁ500 misc makeup
ÂŁ320 2x Roberts Revival Mini radio
ÂŁ158 orange nike trainers
ÂŁ1,200 kendal dining chairs
ÂŁ425 Graham and Green birdcage lampshade
ÂŁ65 test tube vases
ÂŁ35 boiler suit (which was dyed pink)
ÂŁ10 squid game guard mask from the market
£44 per roll wallpaper used as ADHD friendly “to-do” list
ÂŁ300 kitchen aid
ÂŁ20 black pleather Primark boots with chain
ÂŁ499 Dyson fan
ÂŁ65 SimpleHuman hand soap dispenser (kitchen)
ÂŁ60 squatty potty
ÂŁ535 custom captain's chair
ÂŁ110 Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
ÂŁ400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
ÂŁ229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
ÂŁ799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
ÂŁ849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
ÂŁ399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
ÂŁ2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
ÂŁ1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
ÂŁ299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch)
ÂŁ800 2x Cotswold Company small sideboards
ÂŁ499 Cotswold Company chester wine console
ÂŁ599 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard
ÂŁ699 Cotswold Company chester large sideboard (wine rack version)
ÂŁ800 2x Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak shoe storage bench
ÂŁ730 Cotswold Company chester dove grey extra large dresser top
ÂŁ300 suit she wore for the Diva photoshoot
ÂŁ300 dyson hairdryer
ÂŁ850 water rower
ÂŁ400 John Lewis hammock
ÂŁ400 John Lewis egg chair
ÂŁ400 20x John Lewis clear plastic storage bins
ÂŁ290 Baywood 33 drawer tea chest
ÂŁ30 John Lewis Perspex cube pasta storage with pink lids
ÂŁ20 full set of oversized unicorns/animal mugs from Asda
ÂŁ300 sentient mirror
ÂŁ360 2x nike trainers (exc. orange ones)
ÂŁ120 24" TV for SB's PlayStation
ÂŁ2,500 Smeg (double American style)
ÂŁ300 2x Viv westwood dress (assume sale)
ÂŁ75 Sweaty Betty leggings
ÂŁ170 Lumie alarm clock
ÂŁ200 R&P bras (x 2 minimum)
ÂŁ199 Airpods
ÂŁ249 Airpods pro
ÂŁ199 Apple Watch (assume series 3)
ÂŁ250 Sleeper to Edinburgh last min on a Friday
ÂŁ309 3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh
ÂŁ170 Last minute train home on a Monday morning
ÂŁ700 Vets bills
ÂŁ20 Sad Asda shop
ÂŁ80 2x summit camping stove (shed)
ÂŁ400 ooni pizza oven (freebie)
£60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic
ÂŁ12 2x dylon machine dye
ÂŁ180 12x moleskin notebooks
ÂŁ1,000 unread books (estimate)
ÂŁ100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
ÂŁ640 6x DAB radios
ÂŁ60 Lego flower bouquet
ÂŁ60 Rock tumbler
ÂŁ2,200 content
ÂŁ600 Emin
ÂŁ15 6x ring binders (for coroner's reports)
ÂŁ1,790 Burberry classic trench coat
ÂŁ5,000 Burberry brit jacket ($5-6k)
ÂŁ350 Warm & wonderful diana sheep jumper
ÂŁ60 Boy london snap back black/gold hat ($60)
ÂŁ1,000 Unidentified Cotswold(?) cupboard/wardrobe
ÂŁ10 horrendous steam punk clock leggings (worn once)
Total: ÂŁ34,476 ÂŁ45,606
I'm starting to feel a bit queasy đŸ€‘
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were đŸ”ș by clever fraus)
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Artificial snow
many wigs
plastic flower headdress phase
“£5” denim cargo trousers from Primark
Multiple phones
SPITE SOFA
Le Creuset
furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio
lawnmower
bikes
tents
planting trough things
Ten (at least) outdoor chairs for her Mormon tabernacle Amish prayer circle fellowship things
The hen with the rubber eggs for nesting hens?
dusty plastics string of pearls plant
wallpaper backgrounds
Mary Poppins umbrella
desktop Mac type set up
laptops
I thought it would be useful to visualise the data

View attachment 1612634
The accent while she was saying "bread and jam please mummy" đŸŠ‰đŸŸ
đŸ”șthe shoes in the TBC
Oh, and a brand spanking new iPhone too.
2DBC1A3D-5C45-4F6D-8CDB-213C6D9940CA.jpeg

These are the shoes she both claimed a stylist had left behind at her house so said she could keep, and also that she accidentally walked off a photoshoot not at her house wearing them so kept them. Identified by @Into_the_tunnel, they’re Russell and Bromley
7D3246E5-A56E-478C-9F44-CE317F7C8720.jpeg

Her 10 Downing Street leopard monstrosities are similar but with block heels so assume similar price tag and I think she’s got at least one other pair too.
C7F5626E-5A4D-42E1-BBDD-B198604FF7B2.jpeg

Also Ray Ban sunglasses at over £100 a pop. I am pretty sure more than one pair but can’t find receipts for the others right now.
F4592998-2393-435D-9F90-0E066BA89437.jpeg
FB17AD21-74E5-48F2-968F-80F503793068.jpeg

A caveat that some of the things on this longlist might well have been less expensive at the time she bought them, but not by a huge amount. All these things have always been pricey. Again as others have said, NO JUDGEMENT of what anyone spends their earned money on. Don’t then whinge you can’t afford rent, to buy a house or grift money from other people while posturing as the voice of poverty and a budgeting expert though.

ETA
78F41E75-0704-48A1-AC43-89DDA7ACAA5C.jpeg

These look like a combination of tall IKEA Billys to me. At current time narrow and wider white versions are £75 and £120, same in the ‘wood’ colour £112 and £148. Not to mention the cost of what’s on them. Top right shelf looks to have over £150 of Moleskines sat on it for eg.

Also, more books and bookshelves. Different ones. Rainbow book wanker.
11ACEBB4-2D24-4E1D-973A-684D7C192874.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I listened to the free 10 mins and subscribed as a result so I could hear the rest. It is absolutely damning all laid out like this and I’m not even finished listening yet. Completely damning. She has no way of countering this- or suing/threatening to sue them.

ETA the only thing they’ve left out was the grifting for legal fees to sue Daubney etc into her personal PayPal. I hope they revisit her as a topic.
To add, what she really won’t like is that in a number of places they actually laugh at how ridiculous she is and how nonsensical her lies are.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I would pay SERIOUS money to be a breakfast guest at the bungalow in a few hours, she opens her DMs/ emails and some fawning acolyte has written a synopsis 
. Some of that crockery is getting smashed minimum. Hopefully SB is with his father.

I think if legals aren’t issued ( would be hard to see how they could) other outlets will start. I bet the Patreon bosses will be concerned now surely?

The potatoes were a smokescreen, this is the real reason for the flounce, would love to know when they contacted her.

re the money spent on luxury items, I wonder how much if any is spent on SB ( I feel it won’t be a lot). Does SB’s Dad get maintenance if SB does, as we suspect, spend most of his time there.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
She's impulsive, especially when in a rage, and she's also very brazen nowadays and clearly feels untouchable. She may look to new tactics to try and shut down talk about her. 🙄
She's def impulsive, but I'm not sure if she feels untouchable. Some of her actions lately (e.g. the deleting sprees, epic potato strop) make me think she's aware of having lied herself into a corner.

Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.