Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Steven jardine (the host on the BBC Radio Scotland Programme) writes a food column in the Scotsman. He'll know Kirsty Strickland

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
‘With me live soon’ - still expecting her on BBC Radio Scotland

ETA: now playing Toxic, Britney Spears

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Maybe all this talk of feet is their way of telling us that Jack's sprinted away from her responsibilities? Too much of a stretch?

In other news, Vlad has stopped trying to sell spacious homes and has moved on to expensive clothing:

1664444776066.png

I assume he's up-to-date with the item list.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Jack is there soon, apparently! Maybe she finally picked up.

But they have been saying this since 9am.

Toxic playing

• Haha
Reactions: 42
My player just crashed but did they just big up the section with Jack again before playing Britney Spears?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
an American podcast I enjoy did a UK tour and their descriptions of British food were hilarious - they were baffled by Greggs sausage rolls and described them as "sort of a pureed meat wrapped in pastry"
My fave US podcast described English beaches as ‘grey and full of eels’ 🍾 🦉

On topic - that 5 dollars I spent on my morning commute this morning was excellent value. I really hope it becomes a non-premium episode, as it’s a great primer for the Jack curious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Just been checking out Blocked and Reported's Twitter to look out for Flying Monkeys, non to be seen, but I guess their Wicked Witch of the South(end) isn't around to direct them.

While I was there I thought I some of Jack's food, it's disgusting enough but with perhaps a tad too much texture.
Screenshot_20220929-101029.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
It’s not lost on me that the radio Scotland guy just said that ‘Jack Monroe is coming up soon’ and then played Toxic. Chapeau sir!

• Haha
Reactions: 65
. I don’t see them tweeting about it and writing Guardian articles but just getting on with it
Exactly so, dear heart. But if she doesn’t tweet/blog/write Guardian articles about it, how can people provide her with the unceasing flow of head-pats that she seems to need to live?

Today is an amazing day and many thanks to those midnight 🦉Fraus who spotted the BARpod email! Go well, pals!

Reactions: 35
It's five dollars for the month. No one who has been on Tattle for any length of time will learn anything new but it is quite something hearing it all laid out.
OK thanks, I might treat myself!
Really hope it gets picked up and run with, people love a grifter catching story thanks to netflix and the original catfish. Really good this is gaining traction, I'm also prematurely horrified about what she's going to bounce back with, I can't think of anything worse than what she's already used

Reactions: 30
I am not really a podcast frau but I’ve just done a bit of Googling and I’m less excited about this than I previously was. I know I disagree with a lot of people in these threads about some things so I’ll leave it there. And it’ll have reach, which is great, but I think it might bring about some interest from sectors that I personally don’t care for.
I noticed that immediately..and this is the one shield/weapon that JM has and will doubtless try to run with. But, if the same opinion & info is put out there by enough different people, the "background" will become less weaponisable.

Reactions: 26
They’re talking about pink. The colour. I’m guessing Jack‘s burnt her bridges with another radio show then?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Radio Scotland? I’ve found it online and they are talking about the colour pink- am I having a chaos?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Well it took them an hour of teasing before talking about painting walls pink.

Jackie will obviously have a much longer build up than the colour pink :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.