Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she suggests that excellent budgeting tip - go through you bank account and cancel everything unnecessary, for example unfulfilled patreons.
#Jackshacks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
How far back?

Jack posted picture of spuds a couple days ago.
Someone didn't like them.
Flying monkeys attacked him jack LEFT
Now Blocked and Reported have done an expose of a podcast.
With Molly and Katie Roche and now Blocked and Reported, jack's being noticed by people she'd rather not be noticed by.
The ONS was all lies.
The coroner was all lies.
The police was all lies.
The poverty of Hunger Hurts 2 was all lies... And it was written whilst she was surrounded by over £40ks worth of Middle class stuff whilst sat in a crappy bungalow worth far more than an actual poor person could ever dream of.
She's reduced to posting on Instagram and appearing on BBC Scotland..

thats about all for now I think.
Sorry, I should have been more Literal :) The last 12 hours .... ;-)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm in agony listening to the radio right now. I'm about to tap out if she doesn't show up soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm beginning to realise she buys things for how she thinks they'll look in her house rather than their use....I have a distant relative who does this. They've got three baby grand pianos in different rooms, each of them is covered in lots of different framed family pictures grouped artistically on the top bit of the piano that you lift up when you play. The fantastic thing Is that no one in the family can play the piano.
I have an acquaintance with a wall full of acoustic guitars in different colours in their home, which is frequently featured in their social media. They can't play a single chord.

They once posted a picture of themselves 'playing' one of the guitars and quickly deleted it when someone pointed out the position of their hands didn't make any bleeping sense :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry, I should have been more Literal :) The last 12 hours .... ;-)
Well...

duck off very much.

Podcast launch but it's paid for sub,
Jackie's name still turning to mud.
Bbc Scotland can't get her on the line,
All because her Mas tater tin didnt shine.

🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I am on break, just checking it in. Is she a no show? Honestly!

I might not leave the staff room after break. When my boss asks i will just say i didnt fancy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think she's going to be a no-show on BBC Scotland. They've not mentioned her at all in the past half hour and seem to be pushing other items up in the schedule.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
She’s now broken into America, Canada and other international territories, so there’s something for her to celebrate
The UK Poverty Tour could become a World Tour at long last. Really hope she breaks the Asian and African markets. A deserved chance to do her greatest hits, Hunger Hurts, Pasta, Potatoes and the rest in front of a wider audience. 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Works 100-120 hours a week. Keeps not showing up to radio interviews.

I hate to say it but I'm enjoying BBC Scotland. Rafa and Roger was cute.

• Haha
South West AA-er here.

All of what you have said is exactly why many in recovery are uncomfortable at best with her weaponising of AA.

Her behaviour on Twitter is often the polar opposite of how one who is actually working the program should behave and, in my opinion, she is hugely damaging for AA. But alas, if one has a desire to stop drinking, they are able to call themselves a member. Her behaviour also highlights one of the reasons why anonymity is so important - because if you behave badly or relapse it makes it look like AA doesn't work.

Monthly chips are popular in North America but not in the UK, not many meetings give out monthly chips and none that I have ever been to although you are able to buy your own. I am almost two years sober but also previously had a longer stint of sobriety many years ago. Most groups will give yearly chips out to their members.
I am not for a second suggesting she has, but you can buy sobriety chips on eBay. As many as you like.

Hoping the podcast leads to bigger things. Hope Patreon boots her off their platform. She’s not a creator. Teemill is gone, as is the cash I suspect. If she gets a living wage off PayPal well more fool the people giving her money but she’ll find it hard to waggle the collection tin via Insta. Maybe she’ll do paid content. That, I barely care about. I don’t much care what she does, I wish her no harm, I just want her to stop taking money under false pretences, stop lying and (not gonna happen but) apologise.

Anyone who books her as a poverty expert or money saving cook is a place I’ll avoid as they clearly don’t do their due diligence.

Ironically it’s cosplaying a poor which will likely be a considerable financial hit to her where once it was a licence to print money. She’ll always have her hardcore followers but they’re not her bread and butter they’re just her attention club. If the middle classes suspect something doesn’t add up they will donate to more worthy causes. Let’s face it Jack’s books are for bookcase hubris not cooking. If she’s out of favour they’ll be in the bin and another coffee table cookbook with charitable connections in its place.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I’m listening online to BBC Radio Scotland. Lovely accents and informed callers ringing in. I’ve learned about solid smoke-free fuel costs. A mention
of Jack being on after 10am and a nasally preview of that treat in store.

I don’t like 🔺 any talky radio on any subject - it’s Classic FM or Spotify for me usually. #selfless #research #sodwork

ETA: presenter just said (10:07) ‘she’s with me live a little later’. Now playing Kate Bush, Hounds of Love.
Most days I'd rather listen to music. Imagine if Jack appeared on BBC Radio Scotland to sing though. 😂 What a start to everyone's morning.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
/off topic:
I was listening to an American podcast last week where one of the presenters was describing a garden tour of England she went on this summer. I was howling at her descriptions of British food. She wasn't being bitchy, but she simply could not understand the food being offered, especially a full English breakfast. She kept asking, "but why"? Reader, I hooted!

/on topic:
View attachment 1613059
an American podcast I enjoy did a UK tour and their descriptions of British food were hilarious - they were baffled by Greggs sausage rolls and described them as "sort of a pureed meat wrapped in pastry"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Most days I'd rather listen to music. Imagine if Jack appeared on BBC Radio Scotland to sing though. 😂 What a start to everyone's morning.
She might do if her sexy voice has came back. She might warble out some 'running up that hill' or 'it aint easy being green'

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Awh, A-Dallin, must you be so cruel with your words, you utter troll, Jack SHAN'T be eating butter again now she's destined to be actually poor. Mean. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
The good ol’ days when she pretended she couldn’t afford butter and used lard with everything while swimming in Cotswold furniture and Smeg fridges with weeks of food

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.