Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1611979
How can you have a 'chortle' about calling your household of Compton-Monroes 'The Commons' and not realise you're bourgeois.

WTF, thanks Flirty, I was wrong but I think I could be forgiven! Playing £300 for the posh version of school classroom chairs... more money than sense
It all looks so twee until you see the ‘food’ 🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thankyou ninnies x

£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£400 Cotswold Company sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£800 2 other Cotswold Company sideboards? (does she have 3 in total?)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable
Total: £6,559

77 lipsticks?
14 foundations?
40 eyeliners?
Two Burberry Jackets (but I think they were pre-Patreon, correct?)
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
Designer dog?
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)?
And, I am sure (where it's from) the birdcage lampshade from Graham and Green which is £425. And she added greenery to it.
Oh, and the snake shape test tube vases...
Screenshot_20220928-204111_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-204132_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Tom Numbers IS NOT right-wing. He was taking the piss about the likely new Italian PM! He’s part of football and Scouse Twitter - lots of piss-taking and hence his now legendary ‘dire’ tweet. Other tweets and likes show he’s left-wing, unsurprisingly.
Tom Numbers was very much like Rinsed Hoops squig imo. Stepping on a landmine not quite knowing what they had just let themselves in for - see also Rinsed Hoops squig deactivating for a bit after. I can’t help but wonder that JM knew exactly what she was doing posting that picture, trolling for a reaction.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
My gosh, I mean I'm not averse to folk having nice things but JM has gone OTT, surely? How though? Hmm? Hmm? Also, she rents. No way would I spend that much on a rented place.

Reactions: 23
Apologies for the length I'll start spoilering it

£428 fancy knobs (and counting)
£250 at least on magnetic Allegra spice jars
£315 at least (assuming there are only 7 but I think it’s more) on snake charmer kitchen baskets
£95 Abigail Aherne grey hare table lamp
£72 antique bird of paradise porcelain door knobs and finger plates (bedroom door)
(+£432 if she's done the other say 6 internal doors as well)
£25 wooden calculator (unused)
£35 two-headed Skellington dog plastic Halloween decoration
£100 pigskin hat
£339 All Saints belfern suede biker jacket
£155 Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief curtains (median price £65-245)
£1,550 Tiffany pearl hoop earrings sterling silver (two pairs)
£150 DM boots (other ones, not the willow ones mentioned upthread)
£104 rusty eBay spoons
£110 couple of Oliver Bonas jumpers
£80 Emma Bridgewater toaster with TOASTER on it
£780 At least two Burberry scarves: one for her and one for LJC
£400 Cotswold Company small sideboard (living room, blue)
£229 Cotswold Company tallboy (bedroom, ivory)
£800 2 other Cotswold Company small sideboards
£110 Crosley cruiser suitcase turntable (bedroom)
£799 Cotswold Company chester dove grey writing bureau (similar)
£849 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak dining table
£399 Cotswold Company oakland rustic oak storage bench
£2,396 2x Cotswold Company chester dresser
£1,529 Cotswold Company chester grand dresser
£299 Cotswold Company bookcase (porch)
£800 77 Lipsticks
£200 14 Foundations
£250 40 Eyeliners
£500 misc makeup
£960 6x Roberts Revival Mini radio (assumed)
£158 orange nike trainers
£1,000 dining chairs (similar)
Total: £16,698

Two Burberry Jackets (but I think they were pre-Patreon, correct?)
Shoes (not) left behind by stylist/left on after photo shoot? - I forget the brand these are
The new pair of boots she bought after wearing the taped together pair for a while on TV (despite having other pairs ...?)
Designer dog?
304 Christmas tree decorations (many were 🔺 by clever fraus)?
Vivienne Westwood dresses
Two pairs of granny curtain boiler suits
Botox
Fillers
Expensive haircuts
Artificial snow
My very American reaction to this list is, “Jayzus. She must have a crapton of credit card debt.”

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She's spent an absolute fortune on furniture considering she RENTS. When we rented we put up with some shocking stuff because I didn't see the point in spending on a house we would probably have to move from. It wasn't until we bought that I started to spend more. Even then, the majority of the upstairs still have Ikea Hemnes classics and I still get excited about decent solid wood furniture on Gumtree, etc because I love a bit of sanding down and painting.

Reading the lists of spendy items reminds me of the Martin Bashir documentary when he went shopping with Michael Jackson. She's the poorest spendaholic I've ever seen.
Yeah, we used entirely furniture that other family members had thrown out, or stuff from Freegle, and put blankets or throws over them if they were vile.
We still get nearly everything from puddles wherever possible. The only difference, is our puddle stuff is never designer.

Reactions: 26
I remember the Wilko stage when she was constantly rearranging her *crappy cold* flat.

Just had a peek at Twitter. So many people taking the piss out of her now, how is she going to come back from this. She must be raging!

Reactions: 25
It’s the fake grass light fitting for me. What. Why. Who bleeping knows

Wait ... what? Fake grass light fitting - what fresh hell is this?!

I'm pleased to see that Jack twitter isn't all about the dire potatoes. Conversations are being had about non-tuber-related matters as well.

1664394662009.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
My gosh, I mean I'm not averse to folk having nice things but JM has gone OTT, surely? How though? Hmm? Hmm? Also, she rents. No way would I spend that much on a rented place.
She's been talking about moving to a 1 bedroom flat at the end of this year, hasn't she?

Any savings in rent are going to be eaten up by the cost of the inevitable £300/month she'll end up paying Big Yellow to store all that shite.

And there's no way she'll be able to move with a man & van, is there? It'll need a full fat removals service, so there's another grand gone at least.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I’m not poor now, but I had two periods of genuinely extreme hardup-edness (like £12.50 for a week of food, no leeway for anything except bills etc, heinous rent) and both of them gave me a huge aversion to spending money on things for myself, even now that I could afford to. I still won’t spend that much money on things it makes me feel sick. Drives my OH (he hasn’t LEFT yet) mad when I buy cheap stuff (he has more Monroe Tastes) So I genuinely don’t think she’s ever been as hard up as she claims, purely for that. If she was so terrified of the pov coming back she would have saved her money rather than spanking it on ridiculously overpriced furniture.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.