Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. Her comments on other people's food are: 1) inane, 2) seem like an attempt(?!?) at humor centered on her working-class trifle expectations of fruit cocktail, etc. in the face of elitist ingredients and fruit/cake/jelly organization, and 3) are pretty bleeping mean. I get that she likes her dad's recipe, whatever it is, and that she is attempting to joke about how that recipe has formed her expectations for trifle. But I cannot tell why some of the pics are an "abomination". She just sounds really rigid and unfunny. I just want to ask her what her bleeping problem is.

And then we see the trifle she comes up with. Nope. She has no sense of humor. Or taste. Jesus. Served with a tit-eating, bleached teeth, facetuned grin.

I know. It's like when someone deviates from what she holds dear, it's abomination. But she cannot see why some people would get all bent out of shape about her bastardized cace e pepe made from rinsed spaghetti-os.
The cream on the top of her trifle looks a bit curdled. Can't tell if it's the sprinkles but ew. And her hating on the other trifles seemed to be centred on those with visible cake? Bizarre.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Brene Brown is a motivational/inspirational/Pinterest-pretty-quote sort of speaker. I've never watched any of her stuff as she's never come across as being my style, but used to see her quoted a lot by some of my female Christian friends when I still had Facebook. Think rose gold italics
I dislike Brene Brown mostly for how people take her "make your vulnerability your strength" to weaponising their weakness. The idea that all is ok as long as you admit you're insecure or feeling vulnerable. (Not every fan does this btw, but Jack and het FMs definitely justify crappy behaviour with that kind of talk).

Also vulnerability isn't necessarily emboldening. Some people will trample you when you are weak or vulnerable in front of them.

Not saying that it's bad to be vulnerable or admit that to yourself, but, and I might not be able to explain this eloquently, some of Brene Brown's stuff is dog tit (to me at least).

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I think Vlad the cheeky little scamp, is trying to hint at Jacksie's forward fashion sense...
Evening lovelies 👋...
Screenshot_20220924-002024_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The only trifle I’ll eat is the one my Gran makes, because she slaps so much booze in it that I can get drunk from one serving. I don’t even know what booze she puts in it, but it makes Christmas with Uncle hole tolerable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Catching up (shan't say grunking) and I have no idea what brene brown means but it sounds middle class

I'm pleased to present an archive of Jack slagging off trifles https://archive.ph/cRlbA
I'm not partial to trifle myself but they all look completely normal and are professionally photographed so I don't get what Jack's problem is
Marry me. (I did the same thing the other day, albeit from a different tweet: https://archive.ph/YKLmp)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The cream on the top of her trifle looks a bit curdled. Can't tell if it's the sprinkles but ew. And her hating on the other trifles seemed to be centred on those with visible cake? Bizarre.
She was pissed at Gordon's because the cake was hidden in the cream. Apparently, proper trifle has cake in the jelly, ONLY. Blerp. Is jell-o necessary for trifle? Not gonna lie, I was raised in America and we thought trifle had cake, custard, fruit, fruit compote/coulis but I didn't learn about the jelly until GBBO started airing here a few years ago.

Edited to add: And booze. Lots of alcohol--rum with raspberries, Cointreau with chocolate and orange, kirsch with cherries, with peaches, with lots of stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She was pissed at Gordon's because the cake was hidden in the cream. Apparently, proper trifle has cake in the jelly, ONLY. Blerp. Is jell-o necessary for trifle? Not gonna lie, I was raised in America and we thought trifle had cake, custard, fruit, fruit compote/coulis but I didn't learn about the jelly until GBBO started airing here a few years ago.

Edited to add: And booze. Lots of alcohol--rum with raspberries, Cointreau with chocolate and orange, kirsch with cherries, with peaches, with lots of stuff.
I lived in Philly for 10 years and literally never heard of or saw trifle my entire time there. I came home to Scotland for my sisters wedding after 6 years and that was my pudding of choice :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
This is always an absolutely grim sight. You can see all the dust, grime and rust all round the rim of it. Didn't even wash it out first 😩 her hygiene leaves so much to be desired
Hygiene? She doesn’t know her, she goes to a different school

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Who knew that doing book edits and "admin" required putting on a bikini, Bo Derek braiding your hair, and lounging on a hammock while taking photos of yourself :rolleyes:
I still can’t believe that photo was a real thing that happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Big Dave's been making that same trifle for 32 years? What was he doing it, assembling it atom by atom?

(Lads I feel like I need to clarify I didn't squiggle my thumb for 🔺 reasons 😂 it looks horrid because I've been chewing it, like Jack once claimed she did despite there being no evidence of it ever. It was her less exciting version of Vonny losing a whole hand.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
I think we have the same daughter!
It must be art homework drama night.
My 14 year old DS has spent all evening making a three ring circus out of drawing a bleeping eye!
It involved a trip to Tesco, a new hair do and a brief but important pop and lock tutorial. Pencil has yet to be put to paper.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I lived in Philly for 10 years and literally never heard of or saw trifle my entire time there. I came home to Scotland for my sisters wedding after 6 years and that was my pudding of choice :ROFLMAO:
But you had Philly's Italian market to go to for desserts. And Entenmann's Almond Raspberry Squares. And And soft pretzels dipped in butter and rolled in sugar. Funnel cakes. And whoopie pies. And ....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.