Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How on earth has she even made bubble bath? You need sodium laurel sulphate for bubbles. That wouldn't be cheap to just order. Is she a chemist now? It's so baffling.
If she can be an economist (according to the Tortoise talk introduction) it stands to reason she can be a chemist just not in this part of the metaverse.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Her book is due out in January. I feel an event coming on to get people's feels so they buy the book.
I bet she goes into rehab.
Thrifty Grifty Pitchin' Kitchen will still be rubbish after rehab

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How on earth has she even made bubble bath? You need sodium laurel sulphate for bubbles. That wouldn't be cheap to just order. Is she a chemist now? It's so baffling.
I don't think she ever said how she did it. Just that it was coming soon or something. No doubt it's cheaper to just buy a bottle of the stuff from Wilko than faffing on with your slow cooker though.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
re: jack’s ig stories - just watched all her “frugal tips” - someone tell me how this is cheaper than buying some cheap bubble bath?????

1 - it isn't
2 - it isn't with bells on. Apart from the faff of having to *make* it when she could just use the soap, (🤦‍♀️), how long does it last? How often does she make a batch? Shower gel can be fairly inexpensive at Superdrug/Boots/Poundland etc. Stupid hack. O know I am repeating what everyone's already said, but the sheer stupidity of this really grates my mushrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Being chemistry adjacent 🔺️ we don't bloody want her! This is quite appropriate for her from the periodic table...
cuntbag
😁
Screenshot_20220928-120335_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I'm calling it now, Jack was too lazy to make the mushroom soup and raided a cement mixer at the nearby building site instead.
Cupace20220928115833.png

• Haha
Reactions: 62
From boiled soap... sorry 🤣... as if all that faff and using a slow cooker 🙄would be any cheaper than buying it on offer in any number of shops.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Was just watching her at the Edinburgh book festival a few years back & I can’t believe she said some guy found out the food she’d cooked was all made from tins so he chased her out & she needed security. Of course, before he found out he’d declared it ‘the best meal he’d ever eaten but I suppose some people just don’t like to be wrong’ (at 9 mins in).
Jesus Christ Jack, at least go for lies that might actually pass. This is the equivalent of a 5 year old-and not in a cute way but in a horrifically embarrassing way. I cannot understand how she can not see it. Normal people recognise such ridiculous lies a mile off Jack, seriously.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
She really likes doing these stupid Pinterest hacks and pretending they’re in some way money saving. It’s fine if you want to faff about with that sort of thing, but don’t pretend it’s anything other than a hobby. (Although don’t try fractal wood burning, at least thirty three people have died doing it and while I’m clearly not a Jack fan but she doesn’t deserve death by electrocution.)
Yeh this is all the behaviour of a person of leisure without a job. Which is exactly what she is.

Was just watching her at the Edinburgh book festival a few years back & I can’t believe she said some guy found out the food she’d cooked was all made from tins so he chased her out & she needed security. Of course, before he found out he’d declared it ‘the best meal he’d ever eaten but I suppose some people just don’t like to be wrong’ (at 9 mins in).
Jesus Christ Jack, at least go for lies that might actually pass. This is the equivalent of a 5 year old-and not in a cute way but in a horrifically embarrassing way. I cannot understand how she can not see it. Normal people recognise such ridiculous lies a mile off Jack, seriously.
Leg up on the chair again. She's so rock n roll 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
She also says 2 gcses... Don't be so modest Jack you have 4 1/2 love

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Like anyone would do that. I imagine, if this even happened at all, at worst he was mildly surprised or nonplussed, seeing as tinned food is just food that's been in a tin. She has to elevenerife every little thing.

Reactions: 32
I got a litre of Astonish bubble bath for a £1 in Home Bargains a while back. It's fully vegan/cruelty free and has lasted ages and smells lush.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She always sounds like she’s just about to cry.
She has such an unattractive nasal honk.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Without sounding like a bastard, just saying, but bubble bath is hardly an essential. It's lovely, yes, a hot bath full of soft bubbles is a treat, but not necessary. Just hot water and a bar of soap will get you clean. She makes up such tit lies and priorities things that expose her middle-class status.

Fun fact, use to have Fairy liquid baths as a kid if my folks couldn't afford bubble bath that week. (My mum was adamant that only Fairy liquid was suitable, to this day she'd never buy an own brand washing up liquid 🤷‍♀️ IDK why, pals).
So I’m jacks “target audience” in that I am very low income, struggling etc, and exactly this. We just don’t have bubble baths, it’s not a necessity. If the kids really want bubbles I just stick some liquid soap of some variety in, but also, you can definitely buy bubble bath for less than a pound.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.