Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I'm quite relieved she's gone. Alice Evans is due in court next week and there's no way I'd keep up with two raging bin fires on Tattle at the same time.
1664278982009.png

Seems like a lot to go to court for, but what do I know....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I've seen it in a factory scenarios with hands. Probably one of the most grotesque injuries possible, IMO. And now I'll never eat again.
Ffs. Why did I read this? Why did I go behind the spoiler?
Now I feel funny in my tummy.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
People interacting with the Jack Monroe parody account on Twitter and actually thinking it's her 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Yellow squig is claiming the 2 dimensional yorkies are a fake and has provided the “true” photo with the text cropped off not at all suspiciously. Plus no grubby hands = no dice. (PSA Green squig is awesome btw)

Can one of you clever ninnies provide a link to the archive to prove or disprove this please?

0DD00EDE-CFF0-4178-AB9D-7D2390B5D4D3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
The squig that called the roast potatoes "dire" has stumbled upon Jack's Yorkshire puddings. He's brave, I'll give him that.
These look anemic, where was the raising agent ...*scarpers off before a twitter storm*

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure what info you have to supply to Patron, or which part of the information is sent to the person who owns the patron account, but presumably if she is offering to send out postcards, you need to supply your address?
Please be careful, because some of the people who defend Jack seem really unhinged to me, contacting peoples workplaces and so forth.
Just to be clear, i'm not saying that I think Jack poses any risk to your safety, but I can well see a flying monkey or two who is on patron trying to figure it out.
I did a £1 thing - so no "rewards" - so no request for an address. But to be brutally honest, I'm old enough and been around the block enough to not be bothered by the likes of her FMs.

It's more genuine receipts - if she was really that poor she was removing light bulbs and boiling down soap and then someone was offering her the chance of a circa £45k a year job, then surely you'd jump at the chance? Especially in the same HH2 blog post she's said she was applying for all these minimum wage jobs - all of them would have required her to have worked out of home - so would have needed childcare.... my offer was 100% home working like all my staff.

This lack of a response was what made me look at her differently and it didn't take long to realise that she wasn't interested because a) it would have meant she actually would have to do work and b) it wasn't going to be as much as she was grifting out of other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Sorry if this phenomenal exchange (with our man of the hour, Tom) has already been posted, but I'm absolutely breathless:

1664279936866.png

"Would love to see you in front of a judge" "Failure to do so makes YOU the wuss"

I am actually trembling quietly at my desk, trying not to laugh. The origin story of this total madness being a three-word tweet that said 'they look dire' is almost too much to bear

• Haha
Reactions: 140
Tom seems remarkably unflappable.

Surely his talents should be being exploited.

Can we not get him in on negotiations between Ukraine and Russia?

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I did a £1 thing - so no "rewards" - so no request for an address. But to be brutally honest, I'm old enough and been around the block enough to not be bothered by the likes of her FMs.

It's more genuine receipts - if she was really that poor she was removing light bulbs and boiling down soap and then someone was offering her the chance of a circa £45k a year job, then surely you'd jump at the chance? Especially in the same HH2 blog post she's said she was applying for all these minimum wage jobs - all of them would have required her to have worked out of home - so would have needed childcare.... my offer was 100% home working like all my staff.

This lack of a response was what made me look at her differently and it didn't take long to realise that she wasn't interested because a) it would have meant she actually would have to do work and b) it wasn't going to be as much as she was grifting out of other people.
Is the job still on offer, dear @5Alive?

Reactions: 23
Yellow squig is claiming the 2 dimensional yorkies are a fake and has provided the “true” photo with the text cropped off not at all suspiciously. Plus no grubby hands = no dice. (PSA Green squig is awesome btw)

Can one of you clever ninnies provide a link to the archive to prove or disprove this please?

View attachment 1608480
That is from an entirely different post.

The other one, which has been lifted from here, was taken from Instagram a long time ago and has probably since been deleted from there along with hundreds of other posts (see Social Blade).

Reactions: 40
She must think that Instagram is a clean slate, that she can suddenly be a "mommy blogger" 🤢, and that no one from Twitter has the intelligence to find her there.
It is interesting how all of her social media accounts and blog are disconnected. She doesn’t seem to push a new blog post on all channels or post the IG stuff onto Twitter before making it into a blog post with the recipe/how to. Does she think the internet has different pockets and ne’er the accounts may meet?

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.