Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is highly unlikely. She’s never pushed it again, never promoted it, never reminded people that there is still merchandise for sale. So whilst this ~could~ be the case I think it’s way off the mark.
TBF the tee shirts and such are still available I believe and still under the link something like Jackmonroe.teemill
Something something.
Would she have to push it if it's being promoted by teemill?

Besides.

All speculation obviously cause no one really knows.

Edit:

Out of curiosity I did a google.search, sure enough, as an ad, teemill.
image3.jpg

Reactions: 16
Interesting she put education as Essex Uni and not her other honourary doctorate from Coventry. Bit of a fraud there implying has a university education vs 4.5 GCSEs 🤣 imposter syndrome? She hasn’t even read the Georgian cookbook let alone anything more academic!

Reactions: 41

Edit: sorry this is a weird response now I look at it, your reply just made me feel really empowered and also proud to be someone who doesn’t have to cosplay misery to know I’ve made steps forward in life.
Honestly it was that blue ticker who made me think of it. It’s such a shame that she’s taking the mic off of people like them who’d have a lot to share on what growing up poor and WC is like, and they’re from Belfast so a perspective and lbr an accent you don’t hear very often in MSM.

Jack’s refusal to acknowledge any single one privilege she’s had is just vile. Her refusal to move on w the times and learn is what’s unravelling her now and bleeping too right/good. Very few people would manage to let a passive income of the best part of £10k pcm pass them by in the way she has, but hey she’s fucked it and it’s all going down the shitter now.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I echo what everyone else has theorised about the Teemill scandal and just wanted to add that I think the reason the amount donated to the Trussell Trust is such a weird number is because if you deduct the £10,000 (aka the amount Jack claimed had been raised in the first two days and also the amount that would be paid to the Trussell Trust before the rest would go to other charities) you get £1,082.39 which is a more plausible amount of sales.

I think Jack decided to donate that amount plus £10k of her own savings and thought that would be enough to make the scrutiny go away.

I don't have the screenshots to hand but remember when she showed the bank transfer screenshot - she also showed an alleged spreadsheet screenshot but it only showed a total figure. Not the whole spreadsheet of Teemill sales which if my theory stacks up, would show £1,082.39 after Teemill's cut.

There is a chance that what has been raised since still doesn't total the original £10k Jack has paid from her own savings so in her head she's just repaying herself.

This of course is fraud. Obviously this is all just a theory but if any journalist is reading, feel free to investigate. Jack always loves to moan about journalists not doing any real investigation into this sort of thing so I'm sure she'd welcome the scrutiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Interesting she put education as Essex Uni and not her other honourary doctorate from Coventry. Bit of a fraud there implying has a university education vs 4.5 GCSEs 🤣 imposter syndrome? She hasn’t even read the Georgian cookbook let alone anything more academic!
This makes my tit itch. People work hard to obtain degrees and certainly doctorates and she’s there parading around like Stephen hawking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
In 2020, Jack started a gofund for TT which raised nearly 88 000. Brilliant result, and presumably it was all set up to go directly to TT (via gf and paypal systems) Why would anyone then go to all the hassle of tshirts etc to raise only a small fraction of that? Btw that gofund is still open, but apparently hasn't had any traction since January 2021 Makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Also, this is utter bollocks. Since when have legitimate charities received abuse for receiving donations? Has this even ever, ever been recorded as happening? I could do some research but I can’t be bothered honestly.
Also it isn’t for Jack to declare the TT received ABUSE. We know what Jack views as abuse - asking relevant and direct questions.
This is what I asked of the TT and others done this too.
The TT were very professional in their approach and never once suggested they’d received abuse.
The TT are more than capable of engaging through their social media, therefore I’m sure they’d have kicked back if they found questions abusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Apologies if I’ve missed something as I’m new but am I to understand that she asked people to buy her books to donate at sale price as opposed to cost price? So for every donation she still turned a profit?
That is pretty sick and I can’t help but believe that a publisher working with somebody like Jack would have been open to some sort of arrangement for donations that only covered their costs and allowed Jack to forego her own profit. I’m utterly baffled by this.
Also to add, I would never donate to anything that was being redistributed to a mysterious group of charities as I do due diligence on any org I donate to, to ensure our goals and morals align. Similarly, if I were to support a charity and had the sort of reach that Jack does, I would want to signal boost them however possible so that people could support them of their own volition too, without having to buy something to do so, which ultimately removes money from the pockets of a charity over if that money was given as a direct donation.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
No charity turns down free publicity and Jack is totally open about getting work with Google, Hellman’s, Del Monte, Linda McCartney etc so the ‘the charities want to remain secret’ is ridiculous. Even IF they wanted to remain ‘secret’🙄they can’t because there are rules about transparency.
Again, this issue is wider than Jack just being an idiot-these sorts of issues with unanswered questions make others sceptical and lose trust which does have a harmful impact on others. Jack puts her attention seeking thirst and narcissism before things that really matter yet again.
Also, if she did end up having to pay anything out of her own pocket, I can’t imagine her not clawing it back. She is utterly obsessed with money because, again, the real priority is always Jack. Me me me and me again.
I only hope she did have to dip into her massive pot she’s creamed off the gullible idiots paying her patreon. If you look at this, the questions come thick and fast.

Eg
1. Payment for recipes: You already get paid for recipes as you write books for which you are paid (and a lot of idiots purchase patronisingly to give to food banks). You also surely get ad revenue. You also get gigs like Daily Kitchen Live/Lorraine as people conclude you must be a ‘cook’. Other cooks-both famous and barely known have exactly the same amount of ‘alllllll the admin ‘ yet don’t beg strangers for cash.

2. Charity work done for free: Like what? I know all about your make up collection but precious little of all this free work. Plenty of people spend their free time volunteering without expecting others to fund them.

3. School talks?: 😂 Insert sure Jan gif. Was there even one? (Parents presenting to their kid’s school in an assembly or whatever also happens all the time for free).

4. ‘The good stuff that makes a difference’: Thanks for that, much clear.

5. Clearly it IS a donation service because you give these people nothing and you got most of them signed up because you make people think you’re poor. Normal people don’t unscrew lightbulbs unless they’re utterly skint. You post screenshots of empty bank accounts and play victim.

Hope this helps Jack. Get a job. I know you tweeted to someone the other day that ‘this will all blow over, it always does’, but this really won’t.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
On a really unrelated note, did someone not long back post a pic of lights in her house?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I echo what everyone else has theorised about the Teemill scandal and just wanted to add that I think the reason the amount donated to the Trussell Trust is such a weird number is because if you deduct the £10,000 (aka the amount Jack claimed had been raised in the first two days and also the amount that would be paid to the Trussell Trust before the rest would go to other charities) you get £1,082.39 which is a more plausible amount of sales.

I think Jack decided to donate that amount plus £10k of her own savings and thought that would be enough to make the scrutiny go away.

I don't have the screenshots to hand but remember when she showed the bank transfer screenshot - she also showed an alleged spreadsheet screenshot but it only showed a total figure. Not the whole spreadsheet of Teemill sales which if my theory stacks up, would show £1,082.39 after Teemill's cut.

There is a chance that what has been raised since still doesn't total the original £10k Jack has paid from her own savings so in her head she's just repaying herself.

This of course is fraud. Obviously this is all just a theory but if any journalist is reading, feel free to investigate. Jack always loves to moan about journalists not doing any real investigation into this sort of thing so I'm sure she'd welcome the scrutiny.
this is very plausible and rings true.

Reactions: 24
She only actually donated after she found out a journalist was sniffing around and then there was a big song and dance about "paperwork" and "legalities" of donating so much and then we had screenshots.

She would've kept the money if it hadn't been for the journalist
That’s correct. She sold the T-shirts first few days of feb, TT didn’t get the money until 22/23 March.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Title by @Mrs Peel

Please read the pink wiki if new. Please respect the forum rules etc.

Recap - Jack has gone very quiet….
I'm a day behind as usual.
Just wanted to say that you popping up to do the 400th thread is like the Millennium Falcon coming in at the last minute to help Luke Skywaker bomb the death star dear @Silver Linings
Welcome back.
Also, did we get hats?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Just to say...
Screenshot_20220920-120029_Gallery.jpg

Thank(space)you to all you mithering ninnies for all your hard FORENSIC work. The smol pixie wouldn't last a day if she had to put as much effort in.

Chapeau to you all tender ones ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
She only actually donated after she found out a journalist was sniffing around and then there was a big song and dance about "paperwork" and "legalities" of donating so much and then we had screenshots.

She would've kept the money if it hadn't been for the journalist
I think she was waiting for it to reach the £10k she claimed it had made, but was forced to show the donation before that (not that it would've reached £10k because the merch was crap) so had to back fill it. If not for the journo it may have just quietly gone away but I don't believe that she set out with the intention to take money for herself meant for TT.

Reactions: 43
Trussell trust have confirmed that they received over £11,000.
Sweaters are priced at £42, t-shirts at £24 and tote bags at £16. I know TT won't have received the full price from any item, but I would be genuinely interested in the breakdown, because to me the £11K implies a significant volume of sales (in the high thousands) and I've never seen a single one of my right-on leftie mates with a single item from this range, or even say that they've bought one.
Link below to Teemill profit calculator if anyone wants a play around with figures.

Reactions: 23
I think she was waiting for it to reach the £10k she claimed it had made, but was forced to show the donation before that (not that it would've reached £10k because the merch was crap) so had to back fill it. If not for the journo it may have just quietly gone away but I don't believe that she set out with the intention to take money for herself meant for TT.
If she hadn't made that ridiculous £10,000 claim it would all have been fine

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Another reason she’s probably not running ads on her site is that it’s not worth it. I just used a traffic checker (and compared it to my own sites for veracity as I know the traffic for mine) and she’s only getting 300-600 visits per month apparently. Not a lot of passive income there and most ad plug-ins wouldn’t let her even have them as it’s not worth it for them either.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.