Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she hadn't made that ridiculous £10,000 claim it would all have been fine
I know. That's why I am helpless with laughter every time I think about it. I've thought Jack was stupid for a long time but it was the Teemill debacle that alerted me to the fact I'd been seriously overestimating her.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I have a feeling she’s made a bet with Hinch that she’ll pass her in number of threads before midnight on NYE this year.

If Jack does it, she wins, and Hinch has to give Jack her house. If Jack doesn’t manage it and Hinch wins, Jack’s promised that Hinch will never ever have to eat one of Jack’s recipes, hear her sing, play an instrument, recite her poetry or watch her dance. Hinch figured (as many of us might in the same position) that the risk to her house was worth the reward.

Let’s not forget that Jack has been announcing a move “in six months” since pretty much exactly 6 months before NYD 2023. Makes you think.
View attachment 1591672
Ah, so you managed to sneak in another of my Best Fictional Detectives, eh? Is Jerry Brett going to fall foul of the Mods now? Please say nay.

Writing a good recipe is hard.
Writing terrible ones seems easy enough, though!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Another reason she’s probably not running ads on her site is that it’s not worth it. I just used a traffic checker (and compared it to my own sites for veracity as I know the traffic for mine) and she’s only getting 300-600 visits per month apparently. Not a lot of passive income there and most ad plug-ins wouldn’t let her even have them as it’s not worth it for them either.
Clearly, her career plan doesn’t work as she said herself in HH2. So time to get a job.

Reactions: 33
Link below to Teemill profit calculator if anyone wants a play around with figures.

Thank(space)you JennyNumbers. So the £10K is fairly obviously her running way ahead of herself for headpats and glory. For her to have made that sort of money we'd be looking at sales in the thousands in just a few days, and I don't believe she has that sort of pull. Yes, she's got an audience of half a million or so but how many of those are translatable into people who can afford to and would put their hands in their pockets for merch with badly-designed and aggressive slogans on?

Reactions: 37
Hola Fraus.

I'm a bit late on this (and blatantly inserting myself into Hat day). The Harry Thirst tweet looks like she was trying to get in on the action this tweet was getting. It's still thirsty, but Jack's version missed the nuance a bit. This came from the pro Meghan and Harry overseas Twitter crowd. Not just OMG he's HAWT, but OMG see how the Royals are doing him down.

harry.jpg

Anyway, does the OG Monroe look good in a hat, of course!

mm-hat.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Is she still frantically decluttering and preparing for a move while working 22 hour days?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thank(space)you JennyNumbers. So the £10K is fairly obviously her running way ahead of herself for headpats and glory. For her to have made that sort of money we'd be looking at sales in the thousands in just a few days, and I don't believe she has that sort of pull. Yes, she's got an audience of half a million or so but how many of those are translatable into people who can afford to and would put their hands in their pockets for merch with badly-designed and aggressive slogans on?
I think a fair estimate would be to compare it to her Patreon which is about 800. It might even be worth going a bit higher as the sort of hole that follows her would be quite attracted to a T shirt that shows everyone how goooood they are. Even so I can't see it going above 1000. There were some people sharing pictures of their t shirts but that was very low. As I say even eleven grand gross is unlikely.

Reactions: 39
Hola Fraus.

I'm a bit late on this (and blatantly inserting myself into Hat day). The Harry Thirst tweet looks like she was trying to get in on the action this tweet was getting. It's still thirsty, but Jack's version missed the nuance a bit. This came from the pro Meghan and Harry overseas Twitter crowd. Not just OMG he's HAWT, but OMG see how the Royals are doing him down.

View attachment 1592110

Anyway, does the OG Monroe look good in a hat, of course!

View attachment 1592123
Yeah, she even liked this post before she did her own clanger version.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Just coming back on the ads thing - to use Adsense you need 100 visits per day. She’s well below that. Her site isn’t broken she just isn’t getting enough traffic to register for ads. But send her paypalos to “fix” it!! Try adding new content and useful recipes and actually getting some traffic!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
If she hadn't made that ridiculous £10,000 claim it would all have been fine
Agreed. She may have got sales v profit confused or something like that, but she'd never admit it.

She couldn't just raise a couple of grand, no she had to blow her trumpet all over twitter (ooh err).

Reactions: 32
Can’t believe I’m here for thread 400, and almost in real time (few pages behind). I think I’ve found the perfect hat…

708455DC-0099-496F-BBE5-3089D48B5131.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I think a fair estimate would be to compare it to her Patreon which is about 800. It might even be worth going a bit higher as the sort of hole that follows her would be quite attracted to a T shirt that shows everyone how goooood they are. Even so I can't see it going above 1000. There were some people sharing pictures of their t shirts but that was very low. As I say even eleven grand gross is unlikely.
Yeh I move in circles somewhere to the left of Mao and I dont know anyone who'd be seen dead in 1

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Yeh I move in circles somewhere to the left of Mao and I dont know anyone who'd be seen dead in 1
One FBPE type account posted a picture of herself wearing 'dead people cant riot' while standing next to a cannon on her holibobs in Malta or similar.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.