Jack Monroe #400 The utter narcissism of this obscure cook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeh I move in circles somewhere to the left of Mao and I dont know anyone who'd be seen dead in 1
I think whilst Jack would pee herself with excitement if someone radical wore one of her T shirts, the demographic was very much cockwomble Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The whole postcard plan was badly thought out. Nobody wants that much stuff sent. Digital content with the odd thing sent in the post, for Christmas, would have kept them all deliriously happy.
I know she says she needs a camera man or whatever to film, you don’t, almost everyone on social media manages just fine.

BTW there wouldn’t be a recipe for the peasants pudding. Didn’t she just steal the other persons recipe and use cheaper ingredients?
No she fiddled the figures to make hers appear cheaper. And made a right song and dance about the shopping 🙄

Reactions: 26
A note about all these 'boys in scrubs' she was swiping on - pictures of attractive surgeons dressed in their scrubs are one of the top type of photos used by scammers to attract naïve ladies who have their head turned. Second only to military men, officers in uniform. I deal with hundreds of these people in a game room I lead. A reverse image search usually clarifies whether or not the photo has been stolen from elsewhere on the internet. It's highly likely that most of these boys in scrubs that took her fancy, were in fact career scammers, usually (but not exclusively) based in Nigeria.
I have been messaged by this type of person and I love to have a conversation with them, I make things up, come up with bizarre situations loosely based on my life and have a whale of a time until they want money. I kept one going for a couple of months, telling him I had been arrested for trying to send money to a dodgy woman whose details he gave me. Thinking about it I maybe am the smol pixie, except I’m not smol and not a pixie, well I don’t think I am.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Regarding the Teemill funds, I can well believe she raised that much for TT.

I have done a fundraiser for a charity before. We sold one tee and raised over 30k in a very short space of time. Our audience was tiny in comparison to Jack's massive platform. People are a sucker for a bit of merch though, especially when it's for a good cause, so I can well see her shifting a huge amount initially.

I do find her lack of transparency over where the latter money was raised has gone odd though. Her excuse about charities not wanting exposure is absolute guff IMO. Maybe she saw all that cash raised for TT and wanted some for herself? Maybe she realised it was all a bit cringe? (but then why not take the site down?). Or maybe people are right and she didn't raise that much for TT but because she said she did she had to donate that amount from her personal coffers and is now trying to recoup it from ongoing sales?

Who bleeping knows and all pure speculation on my part, m'lud.

Reactions: 48
I’d not seen this before 😳 Doesn’t she only have an honorary degree though?
Also whyyyy does she always say 5’ 1.7”, it’s such a pet peeve, she’s 5’2” in that case but just wants to be even teeny tinier
Because apparently being of slightly smaller height than average can make up for a lack of personality. You can also insert illnesses and oppressed identities as well to do the same job

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Hola Fraus.

I'm a bit late on this (and blatantly inserting myself into Hat day). The Harry Thirst tweet looks like she was trying to get in on the action this tweet was getting. It's still thirsty, but Jack's version missed the nuance a bit. This came from the pro Meghan and Harry overseas Twitter crowd. Not just OMG he's HAWT, but OMG see how the Royals are doing him down.

View attachment 1592110
im glad he got the right uniform and not the Nazi one

• Haha
Reactions: 33
View attachment 1592191

Not the best but hopefully will do until they appear 😁
You’ve made my day!!! I can stop hat mithering now and talk about Jack again! The Teemill thing was definitely her trying to be Billy big bollocks with that ridiculous £10k claim. Why didn’t she run it as a “come on squigs, let’s raise £10k for the trussell trust!!” type of campaign? Which she could then promote semi regularly with updates on how much had been raised / how much left to go? I mean I know the answer is because that would involve actual work, but still. She’s just a constant disappointment.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Bloody hell. Just checked what the average monthly searches are for Jack Monroe in Google Ads. Can't screenshot as terrified of a major chaos with work computer. But here's a sample -
  • "Jack Monroe" - 27,100 average monthly searches! Up 83% since June, blimey. y-o-y change of + 650%
  • "Jack Monroe twitter" - 3,600 average monthly searches. Up 50% since June
  • "Cookingonabootstrap" - 1,900 average monthly searches. Declining over the years
  • "Jack Monroe Teemill" - 10 average monthly searches. But up by 1,000% since March, 110 in August lol.
BTW, I searched for all data available. Google takes the average of all the months, in this case going back to 2018.

Next month there may be more data on what people are searching for re people waking up to the grift, no results for that yet. But, "Jack Monroe liar" was historically in the single digits. Crept up at the start of the year to 20 or 30 searches a month. Then, in August, there were 480 estimated searches for that term.

Make you really think.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Smol robot wanker said I could borrow his hat for thread 400. I told him to severely and mendaciously duck off xx

E8C1809C-50AA-48DD-817D-2A2B44BEA681.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Regarding the Teemill funds, I can well believe she raised that much for TT.

I have done a fundraiser for a charity before. We sold one tee and raised over 30k in a very short space of time. Our audience was tiny in comparison to Jack's massive platform. People are a sucker for a bit of merch though, especially when it's for a good cause, so I can well see her shifting a huge amount initially.

I do find her lack of transparency over where the latter money was raised has gone odd though. Her excuse about charities not wanting exposure is absolute guff IMO. Maybe she saw all that cash raised for TT and wanted some for herself? Maybe she realised it was all a bit cringe? (but then why not take the site down?). Or maybe people are right and she didn't raise that much for TT but because she said she did she had to donate that amount from her personal coffers and is now trying to recoup it from ongoing sales?

Who bleeping knows and all pure speculation on my part, m'lud.
Did you raise 30k PROFIT after the production people had taken their cut though?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I wasn't sure I had enough hats for Jenny numbers pic to offer everyone a hat but panic over! 😂 If anyone would like one, send messageos in F&D (I don't want to upset the mods)

Screenshot_20220920_130836.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Another reason she’s probably not running ads on her site is that it’s not worth it. I just used a traffic checker (and compared it to my own sites for veracity as I know the traffic for mine) and she’s only getting 300-600 visits per month apparently. Not a lot of passive income there and most ad plug-ins wouldn’t let her even have them as it’s not worth it for them either.
But she could so easily drive up traffic to her site. If every time she presented the world with a new slop she tweeted out the picture with a caption like “my delicious goat leg, sardine and prune surprise, 4p per generous serving, for the full recipe go to…” she’d get the squigs heading over there to fawn and us lot going over to laugh at the abomination. I honestly don’t know if it’s laziness or stupidity that stops her from maximising her online income. I suppose it’s just easier to rattle the tip jar.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Apologies if I’ve missed something as I’m new but am I to understand that she asked people to buy her books to donate at sale price as opposed to cost price? So for every donation she still turned a profit?
That is pretty sick and I can’t help but believe that a publisher working with somebody like Jack would have been open to some sort of arrangement for donations that only covered their costs and allowed Jack to forego her own profit. I’m utterly baffled by this.
Also to add, I would never donate to anything that was being redistributed to a mysterious group of charities as I do due diligence on any org I donate to, to ensure our goals and morals align. Similarly, if I were to support a charity and had the sort of reach that Jack does, I would want to signal boost them however possible so that people could support them of their own volition too, without having to buy something to do so, which ultimately removes money from the pockets of a charity over if that money was given as a direct donation.
Here’s the link to a post of mine about the two different mechanisms of fundraising for the book (Personal PayPal account, and GoFundMe) and the price/cost of the book she was stating for each.
It’s a fact that she would not have had to pay RRP for those books, so why that’s the cost per book quoted is dodgy from the get-go.
There was NEVER any update, explanation or anything else about what happened to all the “£10.99s per book” or even how many £10.99s she grifted via her PayPal before opening the GoFundMe. That’s another thing that’s disappeared into the personal PayPal account ether. Just like the legal fees in 2022, the donations sought to fix her (still broken) website etc etc.

Clearly she knows how to set up a GoFundMe having set up two (that I know) of before this year. Strange she didn’t set up a GoFundMe to grift those legal fees. Actually, as GoFundMe shows the total raised and has accountability built into it, not remotely strange at all.

Note, IIRC Teemill also allows you to turn on a function that shows the amount raised. And Patreon definitely does. If you’ve nothing to hide, why go to such extreme lengths to hide it? There’s a reason she hides all the money that comes in. Because she’s shady as duck. And that’s putting it nicely and understating it somewhat.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.