Jack Monroe #399 Catastrophically embarrassing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently watching THAT MAN's new show, after surviving 10 days of the Church's participation in National Mourning (and keeping up with here)

He's just made some homemade pesto using spinach instead of Basil, but it was fresh spinach not stuff which had gone mouldy in a bag & likely to cause botulism. What a sell-out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying seeing all her chickens coming home to roost. She's been trying to keep her grubby fingers in all of the pies for too long. Being both the best selling author and the struggling freelancer, the scholar and the dropout, the expert and the novice. She was going to catch herself out somewhere along the way. She wants the freedom of a personal account and the credibility of a professional one. People have every right to hold her accountable when she's collected money off them.

The way she's handling it is laughable, but only to be expected from an eternal victim. Start with your Patreon, Jack. Why don't you just make a start on getting that sorted?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I’m disappointed there’s been no pov tour of the U.K.? Do we think it will be soon 😂
Jack, donning her stonewashed jeans and crop top and hoops to go to Asda in the poor people places for the ONS? Selfy in every town. Jack smiling outside the offlicense and pawn shop and collecting stories she can pass off as her own in later grifting? Outside the Daily Kitchen being commissioned that'd be a good second best. I fear we are nearing the end of the money paved road for our comedy grifter and will be denied such pleasures.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Currently watching THAT MAN's new show, after surviving 10 days of the Church's participation in National Mourning (and keeping up with here)

He's just made some homemade pesto using spinach instead of Basil, but it was fresh spinach not stuff which had gone mouldy in a bag & likely to cause botulism. What a sell-out.
I hope you've got a couple of days rest planned on account of being so BUSY.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Screenshot 2022-09-19 20.51.37.png

Another one. What's the endgame here, only people who want to rim Jack are allowed to work? These people are worse than scabs and they can duck right off calling themselves left wing.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 103
By setting her Twitter so only people she follows can reply to her, I think Jack has actually inadvertently caused more people to quote-tweet her than would otherwise do so, because it's the only way to say anything negative about her. This then leads to more people seeing and replying to said quote-tweets than would do if they were just direct replies to Jack... If that makes sense.

Basically I think she's possibly actually getting more negative attention than she would otherwise, because her detractors have to post their views so they're visible by all of Twitter.
I don't fully know how Twitter works. If you quote tweet someone are they notified you have done so?? Because jack seems to respond to an awful lot of tweets about her that she hasn't been tagged in. Just wondering if she spends her life searching her own name or if she gets notification???

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I mean if you‘re talking an average of a tenner a lipstick, a couple of years back, she had a grand of lipstick and probably the same of other products. Even assuming the make up addiction has been overtaken by something else, she still must spend £££.

I remain baffled by the squigs who say ‘yes, but she does so much good!’ If anyone ever asks them what she does, they ignore and block. It’s like the cult of Jack. Do not question Jack. Attack anyone who questions Jack. Above all, remain loyal to Jack and … not sure what they think their reward will be?
Obviously the thirsty blokes are obvious but what about the others? What are they hoping for? A thank you and acknowledgment from someone who is on the telly occasionally?

When you read some of those quote tweets that’s all some of them want. A reply from a Z lister.

It’s really sad.
It’s mind blowing. Jack lights the fire and steps back whilst the flying monkeys do her dirty work - probably whilst receiving pity donations.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
I dont know why she didnt want to do nightshifts as she flaming amazing at them in recent times.
Also, night shifts when you have a small child can be great! I used to love it when I did shift work, didn’t have to do bedtime, didn’t have to deal with the early toddler morning and got the whole day to sleep peacefully while my SB was in nursery the next day. I also found we generally had more of a laugh & camaraderie at night, but that doesn’t really fit with Jack’s personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
History lesson/signposting please, if anyone feels like it?

I've been reading an older thread and from there to a wayback machine article Poverty lingers a septic wound (so she's been repeating the same stuff for years) from 2018 https://web.archive.org/web/2020080...2018/05/29/poverty-lingers-in-a-septic-wound/ where Jack talks about a former agent withholding royalties "I am owed between thirty to fifty thousand pounds in ‘mislaid’ royalties."

What happened with that?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Nice to see THAT MAN actually feeds his kids fresh veg and sustainable fish and not just bollock sausages and botulism sandwiches.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
To take my mind off the lack of roast spuds (monster!) I’ve been busy casting for the Canal Movie. How exciting!

84CD61BF-2479-49BC-BC2F-8F0D7FA1E0F5.jpeg

I think the two Frau characters will do us all justice. We can cast more but they won’t fit in my grid.

Go well.

(In order: Ray Winstone, Jameela Jamil, Mackenzie Crook, Alison Steadman, Kathy Burke, Rene Jean Page, Saint Dolly, H*mble, Bey).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 137
A mention in an earlier post reminded me of a question I meant to ask. Apologies if this has been addressed in an earlier thread.

JM has an agent listed in her Twitter bio. Here's the agent's site with a list of her clients:

There are some big names on that roster. And AFAIK most of them are reliable, serious professionals who aren't rage-Tweeting in the middle of the night, working 100+ hr weeks with almost nothing to show for it, making promises to funders and then not delivering, etc etc.

JM seems like a handful to manage (to put it mildly) and certainly can't be generating enough revenue to offset the cost/stress of representing her - not to mention how JM continually manages to undercut whatever credibility she has with her unhinged Tweeting.

IME because agents generally work on commission or an ongoing retainer, they don't waste time with clients who don't generate enough profit to make it worth their while to represent them. Why does JM still have a major agency representing them?

Oh and Jack, if you're reading this which I know you are - I found your agent's web page by Googling their surname and agency name in the email on your Twitter bio. If you try to spin this as "now they are contacting my agent and trying to get me dropped" it will just be another of your many, many, many lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Also, night shifts when you have a small child can be great! I used to love it when I did shift work, didn’t have to do bedtime, didn’t have to deal with the early toddler morning and got the whole day to sleep peacefully while my SB was in nursery the next day. I also found we generally had more of a laugh & camaraderie at night, but that doesn’t really fit with Jack’s personality.
Jack knows as much about camaraderie and having a laugh as she does about cooking, singing, or being transparent about finances.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I don't fully know how Twitter works. If you quote tweet someone are they notified you have done so?? Because jack seems to respond to an awful lot of tweets about her that she hasn't been tagged in. Just wondering if she spends her life searching her own name or if she gets notification???
You can click on the quote tweet symbol and read them, but she also definitely searches her own name regardless and wades in on conversations that mention her without tagging. All part of the 120 hours a week (or all of them, as the case clearly is)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
To take my mind off the lack of roast spuds (monster!) I’ve been busy casting for the Canal Movie. How exciting!

View attachment 1591013

I think the two Frau characters will do us all justice. We can cast more but they won’t fit in my grid.

Go well.

(In order: Ray Winstone, Jameela Jamil, Mackenzie Crook, Alison Steadman, Kathy Burke, Rene Jean Page, Saint Dolly, H*mble, Bey).
Epic!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.