Jack Monroe #399 Catastrophically embarrassing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heh yes really! I wrote to the agent and informed them that the cooker was not useable and that I was quite happy to replace it if the landlord was not willing and they could collect and store the old one if they wished or I would leave it out for the scrapman. Needless to say the landlord chose for me to replace and dispose of it. I can’t imagine I’d have left it there for the grasping greedy twit so I must’ve given it away but to whom I cannot remember-lost to the mists of time. I was on Freecycle a lot then so maybe there.
I was once presented with a gas cooker that was a then-trendy oatmeal colour with the usual black hob irons. I cleaned it. It was white, with french blue hob irons. Urgh.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Really? Surely you have to leave a cooker when you move out if there was one in situ when you moved in?

I don't think for one moment our favourite slopmaker avoided Twatter for the duration of the funeral. She'd have been out there furiously 'socking it' to the haters on alternative accounts.

I'm assuming the follower counter I'm using has a sudden glitch as this is what it's now saying lol

View attachment 1590828
If you bought it, you can take it.

If the LL is unscrupulous or if you actually got rid of their perfectly working cooker (without asking them if they wanted it back) they could take some money out of the deposit but I know a lot of people who replaced various white goods, generally because they wanted a fancier/bigger one than the LL would buy, then took them when they moved on. It’s the price calculation for the oven that confuses me, the fact she bought one seems fairly normal.

Reactions: 21
And the eyes :oops::oops::oops: - someone punched it, it's got a black eye and something awful escaping from its brain. Yikes, send it helpos, prontos!
Now we know why she is denying that Burger La Bill exists 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 17
THAT MAN is on again tonight at 8.30 and he is making upside down fish pie 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Personally I think we should save the Proclaimers thread title for #500 in two weeks' time.
Really it can be rinsed, boiled to sludge and reused for each hundred milestone - sadly it will never not be true

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Depends - rent isn't always reported to the credit reference agencies so late payment may not affect her.

Her current CCJ on the other hand - no way is she getting a mortgage with that on her record.
She also has no proof of income, the Ltd is no more. So she will need SE or paye evidence

Reactions: 24
Re the Google thing. Google would usually pay someone to speak at one of their events or at least contribute to a charity of choice. I’m sure we’d have heard if the latter. If she didn’t get paid then her agent is TERRIBLE. Usually someone would get 5-10k.
Christ, imagine if you paid 10k and got Jack. On the one hand it's nice to see Google waste their money but on the other seeing that grifter getting it whilst refusing to answer valid questions about Teemill, Patreon and Paypal is pretty grim.

• Sick
Reactions: 34
That CCJ has baffled me. It's a small amount for someone who is determined to get their own house any time soon.

It's not a small amount for someone in actual poverty but, speaking from experience, you tend to get a lot of payment offers and opportunities to pay, as well as the matter going to court. It's rather curious to me really. Especially as she's allegedly had bailiffs at the door and CCJs before etc

All of this says to me the problem is not money. They do. They offer you the chance to settle at half the debt, especially once they have sold it on to a debt collector, they are happy to get back pennies in the pound. I think we have been grossly underestimating how much money she has been using, and the failure to file the paperwork for the ltd company, the CCJs, they all say to me chaos on twitter is the least of it and chaos in real life is about something else. You can incorporate a company for a tenner and maintaining a company structure isnt hard, and those people if they have a sniff of a payment arrangement will take it rather than waste money on court fees.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Agree, though I have to say, my ex’s parents (I won’t call them in laws, we weren’t married JACK) used to put every single transaction on their credit cards as it was Tesco or Sainsburys or something. It meant every time they spent on it they got points. They paid it in full at the end of the month - not saying this is the same, just offering an alternative view.
I’d like to think this person didn’t get themselves into debt for point scoring. Kind though it is.
Yes I pay everything on credit card. Pay it off in full each month and have savings.

Reactions: 18
Followers are dropping and there’s a lot of talk on the bird app of people asking legitimate questions and then being met with abuse and finding peoples employers etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I bet her randomly huge council tax amount per month is because shes paying off a council tax debt. It wouldn't surprise me if LJC had been paying it when they lived together, and then on moving out she's rightly cancelled her DD. Jack, being the only person in Jack Land, probably assumed that would continue being paid by her rich ex.
The council wouldnt have been sympathetic to her nasal cries down the phone.

Only guessing, mind 🧐
Council tax are very very quick to go to court, and to pass on to bailiffs. being late/forgetting they have zero tolerance for.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Yes I pay everything on credit card. Pay it off in full each month and have savings.
This is very grown up. I’ve tried to do it a couple of times but always end up over spending. I need the thrilling *edge of overdraft* feeling to keep me in check. I do have savings though. It’s the money I save having graduated from therapy a couple of years ago. Everyone cheered and there was a medal ceremony.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
To allow her fanatics attack people for asking questions is despicable.

Most employers can tell if rumours are bullshit by their employees conduct, if they are also asking awkward questions perhaps its time she had a review. P

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1590734

This is a lie that personally annoys me, as I read Jack's proposal for a 'Peasants' Pudding' back in the days before I was on Tattle, and thought she was well-meaning and interesting, and I was going to make her cheaper Jubilee trifle, so I looked properly for the recipe. Nothing but a handwritten scrawl of ingredients and prices (if that).

In the end I found a really good mid-price short-cut alternative that was fancy without taking three days and requiring Masterchef skills, but there is no way anyone made the 'less expensive Jubilee pudding' from Jack's recipe. Absolutely no way.
I think what the squig meant is - the *idea* of the less expensive jubilee pudding was great.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.