Jack Monroe #399 Catastrophically embarrassing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you've got a couple of days rest planned on account of being so BUSY.
Just said to my bank-holiday Monday exclusive Doc 'my next day off will be a short trip to Dordrecht in February 2023 pal. Go well x.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Thank you for ur counting tender heart ❤ November 2020 she opened therefore would be paid for 250 subscribers, so that’d be at least 27% of her subscriber base were on the £7 tier. I think there were like 5 (2%) of the chunkier frames. Assuming the rest of her subscribers were on the minimum £3.50 and this wasn’t just one bag of many then this gives her an avg blended sub of £5.26

View attachment 1590610

And that she’d have taken home £1,315 that month gross of fees, £1,157 net.

If we assume a blended avg of £5.26 continued then she’d have been paid £4,066 gross / £3,578 net on the 773 we said she opened with in September. That 773 fig needs reviewing but for simplicity’s sake. This feels pretty fair imo?
Very fair and if anything an underestimatio. Prove us wrong Jack. One click.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
To take my mind off the lack of roast spuds (monster!) I’ve been busy casting for the Canal Movie. How exciting!

View attachment 1591013

I think the two Frau characters will do us all justice. We can cast more but they won’t fit in my grid.

Go well.

(In order: Ray Winstone, Jameela Jamil, Mackenzie Crook, Alison Steadman, Kathy Burke, Rene Jean Page, Saint Dolly, H*mble, Bey).

If that was the Google Excec I'd be happy to post pictures knickerless and smiling afterwards and would want the whole world to know...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To take my mind off the lack of roast spuds (monster!) I’ve been busy casting for the Canal Movie. How exciting!

View attachment 1591013

I think the two Frau characters will do us all justice. We can cast more but they won’t fit in my grid.

Go well.

(In order: Ray Winstone, Jameela Jamil, Mackenzie Crook, Alison Steadman, Kathy Burke, Rene Jean Page, Saint Dolly, H*mble, Bey).
Sterling work. I wish to be played by someone devastatingly beautiful and witty. So deffo not Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

View attachment 1591013

Go well.

Perfect!!! Apart from Hamble. I love her. She's too nice to be Jack even if she isn't cuddly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
That's very much been my experience and even with clients who had been advised they'd be better considering bankruptcy but didn't want to do so, I've been honestly amazed at some of the offers accepted and even full or partial write offs we were able to get for people. So a modest CCJ shouldn't present much of an issue to Jack and would be easily negotiated.

No proof, so just speculating based on the timing of absolutely insane online behaviour but I think there is still an active substance abuse issue and a long standing, unaddressed problem with compulsive spending. All of which adds up to total financial chaos, even on a pretty decent income.
I agree. Add to that her very problematic addiction to social media, which means her priorities are completely messed up. Her head is always in Twitter, it's no wonder she comes across as disorganised and never completes anything. She blames ADHD and her 'puppy brain'. I'd speculate that substances, SM addiction and the poor lifestyle resulting from those two things are a more likely cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She has the same agent as Leggy and *fuckmethatshocking* Nigel Slater. THis cant last. This is not going to last. That agent is wondering how to get out of this and the recent foray into corporate speaking gigs with the talking head stuff giving a bit of gravitas just showed its expiry date is passed.

Reactions: 26
History lesson/signposting please, if anyone feels like it?

I've been reading an older thread and from there to a wayback machine article Poverty lingers a septic wound (so she's been repeating the same stuff for years) from 2018 https://web.archive.org/web/2020080...2018/05/29/poverty-lingers-in-a-septic-wound/ where Jack talks about a former agent withholding royalties "I am owed between thirty to fifty thousand pounds in ‘mislaid’ royalties."

What happened with that?
The thing that infuriates me most about that article (apart from the fact that she uses 15 words when 1 would do) is the stuff about ‘you don’t know what is going on behind the scenes for other people’. Because she only applies that consideration to herself, doesn’t she? It wouldn’t even occur to her that a squig questioning her on Twitter about her patreon may well have contributed in good faith when they were struggling for cash themselves, and are now angry and upset that they could have used that money for something actually worthwhile. She doesn’t allow them any consideration, just writes them off as abusive trolls. I don’t know, probably not getting my point across well, but she wants all the support and consideration and understanding in the world but she doesn’t afford the same to anyone else. Anyone who questions her is abusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Nice to see THAT MAN actually feeds his kids fresh veg and sustainable fish and not just bollock sausages and botulism sandwiches.
Off his lovely allotment with his bees. I love it cos I know his beautiful house has her gnashing (🥕) and wailing like a good un...and without a bowl of Jollof rice in sight. 😁
Edit to add: I have had to lock my twitter down and delete tweets because of flying monkeys. They were frankly quite terrifying in their threats and abuse. Please dear hearts be very careful x 💖

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
History lesson/signposting please, if anyone feels like it?

I've been reading an older thread and from there to a wayback machine article Poverty lingers a septic wound (so she's been repeating the same stuff for years) from 2018 https://web.archive.org/web/2020080...2018/05/29/poverty-lingers-in-a-septic-wound/ where Jack talks about a former agent withholding royalties "I am owed between thirty to fifty thousand pounds in ‘mislaid’ royalties."

What happened with that?
I asked this in another thread but nobody seemed to know the answer (or it was missed). Does anyone know? And if they did withhold royalties, why did her Jewish lawyer not sort it out for her? Another house deposit opportunity, wasted. Tsk, Jack. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1591065

Poor Big Dave. It's never going to end.
Is this an example of a faithful squig looking for someone else to target, hence tagging Jack Monroe grifter? :oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I asked this in another thread but nobody seemed to know the answer (or it was missed). Does anyone know? And if they did withhold royalties, why did her Jewish lawyer not sort it out for her? Another house deposit opportunity, wasted. Tsk, Jack. :rolleyes:

Is this an example of a faithful squig looking for someone else to target, hence tagging Jack Monroe grifter? :oops:
No, it's just someone taking the piss. The original Tweet wasn't Jack related at all but for those in the know, does bring Big Dave to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Does anyone follow the actor Reece Dinsdale on Twitter? He’s had the wool pulled over his eyes re Jack. I thought he was ok but I may have to unfollow him now. He’s bought the perma-retweet of people trying to tip Jack over the edge 🙄

Where are these People’s critical thinking skills ffs?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I refuse to believe she has an active agent - how? The stuff she's done (and not done) over the past few years. Doing the absolute bare minimum for big collabs like Linda and Del Monte, turning up looking like a sack of tit for telly appearances, not turning up at all. Plus the way she carries on when she's going through one of her in demand spells would have you believe she's taking all inquiries/bookings herself. What agent would allow this?

Reactions: 43
This is very grown up. I’ve tried to do it a couple of times but always end up over spending. I need the thrilling *edge of overdraft* feeling to keep me in check. I do have savings though. It’s the money I save having graduated from therapy a couple of years ago. Everyone cheered and there was a medal ceremony.
I’m sorry but if you didn’t get a weighted hoop and a cuddly toy, was it really therapy?

(well done on the graduation and the savings.)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.