Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's on the phone like J.R. Hartley trying to track down a copy.
Well, let me tell you something, jenny numbers. She
Get her grubby mitts on mine!
C4B4A6CD-9119-4DD3-AC60-73B18B15A7BB.jpeg

*Shoutout to @Vinbisha too, here’s Yo’ Spaghetti recipe

10B08C5F-0839-45B9-AE5E-886B9E346AC9.jpeg
I got the book a while back but I’ve been saving it for you all for the right moment… 😂

Also, a thank(space)you to Thread 31 Jack for the photo styling inspo.
87E736E0-BA0E-49CD-B76E-384B8CD3BE29.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122
Reminds me of the scene in The 'Burbs, when the creepy neighbour's, the Klopeks, make Tom Hanks eat sardines and pretzels and he nearly dies. "Saaardinnne?" :sick:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Yesterday I wore a black and white stripe top. My husband said I looked like 'the guy who steals burgers.' I gasped and said 'Burger LaBill?' He looked at me strangely and said 'no... The Hamburglar.' Needless to say I shan't be wearing that top again.

I'm still dying a death that she called an FOI request a nefarious troublemaker! Like the ONS would agree with her and refuse to complete it. She's so dumb.
Yes, Freedom of Information only suits when it’s purpose is of something valuable to Jack.
information is available or made available on request for good reason.
That Jack calls people nefarious troublemakers for daring to ask a question whilst at the same time printing off reams of information (which we now know to be freely available) regarding the detail of peoples deaths so that she can plagiarise it (no doubt without reference) in a book tells you everything you need to know about her.

TLDR: Jack is going to rewrite information written sensitively and by professionals, that is available for free, on prevention of deaths and charge for it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
That cannot be real. That just cannot be real. Because of your work, people in my little Northern Impoverished town could ive give their kids tea last night?' 'That made me cry but in a good way'. Me too Jack, me too...
That person has to be making fun of her and she hasn't noticed, right? Bc otherwise they're seriously suggesting no one in their town could feed themselves or their children before Jack came along???

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Why is she BOILING kidney and baked beans in water for 10 minutes before adding them to the sauce?! That's utterly insane. Gordon definitely doesn't do this in his recipe!
Thats the version of refried beans you have to do when you are on Universal Credit. Dont you know anything?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1585056

View attachment 1585059I got the book a while back but I’ve been saving it for you all for the right moment… 😂

View attachment 1585039
This is amazing. I won't lie, I was nervous as I clicked the spoiler tag but what a treat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
View attachment 1585056

View attachment 1585059I got the book a while back but I’ve been saving it for you all for the right moment… 😂

View attachment 1585039
Can't believe you actually have a copy! It has sort of taken on mythical status.
In your opinion is it at all possible to dip into it a few times (ignoring the fact Jack said it was a banger 🤔) and miss that is not Eastern European?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I wondered the very same thing.
Nigella's shows often show her going through an absolutely massive cookbook collection, the difference is she credits people she's adapted recipes from and I 100% believe she's familiar with every single one of them and would be able to list her top 10 from any given region or genre without making stupid mistakes and then lying about it.

Reactions: 51
One good thing to come out of all this, is that I will not waste my time making a culinary pilgrimage to Georgia (state not country).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I thought it might be this “Ivy-esque” monstrosity she foisted on a Vice journalist

View attachment 1585087

But it’s this. 🦉 🍾 at “pasta (such as spaghetti)”

Yes I just located it! Made me smile, that on page 2 of results for "Jack Monroe sultanas sardines" was my Tattle post a while ago, talking about her sultana and liver casserole 😂

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.