Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah no guess this won't be happening.
Not sure if I am relieved or disappointed tbh.

Screenshot_20220917_143158.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
This is all I got. The reply is me being a polite ninny. So my original request, an auto acknowledgment and final reply. They didn’t need any clarification etc.
Perfecto thank you for this.

I would speculate that the top one of Jacks is the only legitimate one “keeping her in the loop” but I’m guessing they are obliged to send her their response as it’s about her claims and maybe she has requested they send her a copy of whatever is sent out. She received it the same day as you, they will have been sent at the exact same time. I’m shocketh she found it amongst all the demands for her to come on strictly and triggery alcohol promos.

The 2 September one is her reply (obvs ‘nefarious’ ) but it’s in response to something she has chosen not to show. I’d imagine that’s because it’s either a legitimate request from ONS asking her if she has any records of calls/correspondence/meetings, that they are not privy to, she’d like to submit to prove her stance or it’s because it’s from an illegitimate source giving her the heads up 🤔

1 Feb is clearly her request to ONS for details of number of children with crumpled bus tickets who also have rickets in the last 12 years.

I’m gonna pop them both here so others can speculate

844D1168-5145-4E8E-AE65-542BF0A1EA10.jpeg
1714557B-5498-4307-A7AE-954A7DB4518B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Is there a way to tell if twitter followers are bots?

For over half a million followers, she doesn't have much engagement 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
One good thing to come out of all this, is that I will not waste my time making a culinary pilgrimage to Georgia (state not country).
I feel I must speak up for Georgia (state not country) because it has lots of delicious food. I think based solely on the book that I would avoid going for a church supper though, even if it was described to me as “banging” and they asked really, really nicely.

Huh? I think someone's been on the sardines and raisins.
View attachment 1585165
🦉 at squig telling her “you’re allowed to not be on your uppers any more” ❄ 💊 . Send Walt Disney style cryogenic-os so that one day I may return, for I am deceased.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Just had a look at Martin Dabney's Twitter, he's sent a few tweets today so has been online but no response at all to Jack's bizarre outburst last night. I imagine he's as startled by her demand for 240 days of public shitting as the rest of us are and is probably unsure how to respond.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Oh my giddy aunt. I went OUT last night and returned to the glorious, beautiful thread #396. Thankyou canal for all you do as this was the most splendid way to spend my hibernation (hangover) day. This thread is my favourite ever to have caught up on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think I have a question to ask that has always bothered me but only popped into my head now.

Has Jack ever posted a recipe that isn’t slop? You know, like a piece of meat next to some carbs/salad? Like 99.9% of other chefs? Granted I don’t go looking for her recipes as I prefer my gag reflex unactivated, but everything I have seen is bowls upon bowls upon bowls.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Startled by her demand for 240 days of public shitting has me in tears laughing @jenny2603

Mancbee, when you get here we’re SORRY 😭 hope you had lovely hols

• Haha
Reactions: 42
In other news, I have a lot of cookbooks for work (insert red triangle here) and because I just love them. Out of all of the ones I have, if I were to describe any as an 'absolute banger', it would probably be total of 5 or 6 books. Ones which I could tell you the author, what they do and their history in food, the genre of cuisine, what every chapter is headed, and probably my top 3 recipes in each chapter in the book. I will have cooked 80% of the recipes multiple times over, and the books are in terrible condition because they have been used repeatedly next to my stove and have had all manner of ingredients spilt over them (as much as I try and keep them tidy and clean). Now they don't really leave the shelf because I have memorised most of the recipes in them (forensic!)

She just out and out lied and to not own up to it makes me wonder what else are you lying about and haven't owned up to? It's so stupid and so pointless. Really makes u think.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Perfecto thank you for this.

I would speculate that the top one of Jacks is the only legitimate one “keeping her in the loop” but I’m guessing they are obliged to send her their response as it’s about her claims and maybe she has requested they send her a copy of whatever is sent out. She received it the same day as you, they will have been sent at the exact same time. I’m shocketh she found it amongst all the demands for her to come on strictly and triggery alcohol promos.

The 2 September one is her reply (obvs ‘nefarious’ ) but it’s in response to something she has chosen not to show. I’d imagine that’s because it’s either a legitimate request from ONS asking her if she has any records of calls/correspondence/meetings, that they are not privy to, she’d like to submit to prove her stance or it’s because it’s from an illegitimate source giving her the heads up 🤔

1 Feb is clearly her request to ONS for details of number of children with crumpled bus tickets who also have rickets in the last 12 years.

I’m gonna pop them both here so others can speculate

View attachment 1585212View attachment 1585213
I actually think the 2 September one is Jack responding to ONS after they have emailed her to tell her that her interaction with ONS has been subjected to an FOI. I think someone on twitter called it a third party request. I spoke to my friend who has some experience on FOIs and I suggested a similar scenario, he said that it’s not a requirement to tell the third party, but it’s good practice although don’t have any say as to what is released.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think I have a question to ask that has always bothered me but only popped into my head now.

Has Jack ever posted a recipe that isn’t slop? You know, like a piece of meat next to some carbs/salad? Like 99.9% of other chefs? Granted I don’t go looking for her recipes as I prefer my gag reflex unactivated, but everything I have seen is bowls upon bowls upon bowls.
Yeah..oh wait no that was a Jamie Oliver 30 minute meal...I cant remember if she credited him or not. Oh wait I can...

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Not what you’re describing, but was pretty solid, I seem to remember some sort of horrific sweaty loaf thing around Sloppy Savers time that looked at once moist and dry as duck and that would break every bone in your foot if it fell off the table and landed on you.

Beyond that I have blocked out, because of the horror. And I remember her slow-mo slop slopping cold stewed steak into a pan of hideousness, so I know it must be bad.

What was that loaf thing, fellow ninnies? ETA it was the meat looking thing that wasn’t meat and had bits of something in it 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I'm curious about 2nd September. Was Jack particularly fractious that day? I mean she normally is so I guess my question is- was she her usual self that day?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
If Lewis (who doesn't work on Saturdays) has bowed out, it will be hilarious if she actually finds someone stupid enough to represent her. To say it will be a chaos is an understatement. A costly chaos in terms of her reputation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.