Jack Monroe #397 Note to self pick up more Lil’ smokies when in Tblisi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how often she seems to have things (9 bookcases of cook books for example) and will show us when she is at home but never does.
9 bookcases of cookbooks sounds bleeping ridiculous. I doubt the highest Michelin starred bookworm chef in the world has 9 bookcases full of cookbooks.

Typical pointless Monroe lying and trying trying to give it Charlie big spuds.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Any word on if Big Dave will get his gun out and fire it for Her Maj on Monday? Like he did for her Jubilee.
It would be such a tribute to the woman shattered windows for everyone.

• Haha
Why doesn't she just post a picture of the Georgia Church Suppers book that she has, nestling on her bookshelves next to the Rabbie Burns volumes?

Then it would be easy to forgive the geographic mistake.

I mean, she does have a copy doesn't she? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Presented without comment, “Mumma Jack’s Best Ever Chilli”
ETA I’m very sorry I could not squiggle out that picture 🤢
This recipe is insane! Jack says to boil rinsed baked beans and tinned kidney beans then simmer until they are soft. They will be welded to the pan 🤡

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Why doesn't she just post a picture of the Georgia Church Suppers book that she has, nestling on her bookshelves next to the Rabbie Burns volumes?

Then it would be easy to forgive the geographic mistake.

I mean, she does have a copy doesn't she? 🤔
She's on the phone like J.R. Hartley trying to track down a copy.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
To be fair, a proper chef or food writer probably would amass quite a collection through experimenting with new styles, general interest, reading up on their field and I'm sure the odd freebie here and there. The big difference is they'd have something to show for their knowledge whereas Jack is still wheeling out the peach curry, rinsing hoops and can't tell the difference between food typically eaten in Georgia, USA and Georgia, Eastern Europe. It is impossible to put into words just how very, very stupid Jack is.
When Jack Monroe put up the original recommendations, there was also a tweet explaining that several bookcases were organised geographically, because this was such a passionate interest of theirs. I hope that someone who passed their Geography GCSE has now been drafted in to doublecheck.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
When Jack Monroe put up the original recommendations, there was also a tweet explaining that several bookcases were organised geographically, because this was such a passionate interest of theirs. I hope that someone who passed their Geography GCSE has now been drafted in to doublecheck.
Imagine failing the bit of GCSE Geography that allows you to spot obviously American food at a glance. That's famously the easiest bit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
TOO SHORT
Just quoting myself across threads to clarify something that I said that I realized comes across as kind of ambiguous! When I said Arcade Fire Filtered Bodyguard was now CEO of a ‘big data’ company, I didn’t mean a massively sized company that works with data like Google.

He’s CEO of a small company people-wise but that works with ‘big data’ so just the sort of company who’d be at an Executive Summit. Totally daft baseless conjecture, but as Jack is daft and baseless most of the time, I thought I’d try it and see if it’s as little fun as she makes it look. Spoiler: It’s funner.
B0073DB1-F8FA-4880-AA72-2BAA3B7F2F62.jpeg
888F5E44-4C4E-4D76-945D-EA5D23EC0CE5.jpeg

ETA Also, I wish I could post a pic of a former colleague on here without 🔺either him or me, but @Brian Butterfield and fellow ninnies, I used to work with someone who looks JUST LIKE THIS!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This recipe is insane! Jack says to boil rinsed baked beans and tinned kidney beans then simmer until they are soft. They will be welded to the pan 🤡
Yes! Tinned beans are already cooked! You just add them to the chili. Why is she suggesting wasting energy heating and then draining pre cooked canned beans in another pan??? Mental. You need to boil soaked dried beans but not tinned ones. This doesn't work at all - why the duck would you boil rinsed drained tinned beans covered in water ? She cannot have tested this. Or, as established, she doesn't understand cooking and she doesn't actually like food. She's just copied the instructions for cooking beans from Gordon's chili with dried beans and doesn't understand how it is different with tinned ones.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
It’s what Gordon (RIP) would have wanted.
”Mr Ramsay” encountering “Mumma Jack’s” version of his recipe
9DA7D886-28EC-4A08-A2F3-0A535A5AFCA6.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Apologies Fraus, I’m really trying to catch up, but looping back to the emails potentially from the ONS on the last thread - the name of the sender in your email inbox, appears as the name you have the contact details stored under. So, if you have me as Yorkyjorky in your contacts, then the email I send will show as being from me ( Yorkyjorky) - right? BUT if you change my name in your contacts to “Apple Pumble” then the email will show as being from Apple Pumble…. In such a way you can send yourself an email from any old account with any old name…. and from my experience, companies very rarely have “FOI” as an email address, it’s more usually DP Office or similar…? Obvs, I’m willing to be corrected.

Go well Fraus. HTH.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Just more slop to add. Or less slop more... Sludge? I don't know how to explain what I'm picturing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What colour is the Georgia Church Suppers book? Then it will be easier to find amongst her thousands of cookbooks, since they are arranged... .they are .. arranged... In order of COLOUR 🤢😑😑

• Haha
  • Sad
I see she’s deleted her first two snarky tweets of the day.

Maybe if she went outside, as I did, she would have the joy of getting a delicious coffee at a local business. The lovely coffee shop man called me ‘Young Lady Madam’ which I’m choosing to be immensely flattered by rather than him hedging his bets/changing his mind half-way.

It’s so weird that she never/hardly mentions food & drink that she’s had out? She made a big deal of her Google freebie so why didn’t she mention what she ate? How they source things locally?

Though when I say it’s weird it’s actually not - she just DGAF about food. Sad.
She went to Venice and all she could recall was eating lots and lots of gelato. She probably thinks other people’s cooking except her own is tit, so sat in a hotel room rinsing hoops and trying to cook them in a kettle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes! Tinned beans are already cooked! You just add them to the chili. Why is she suggesting wasting energy heating and then draining pre cooked canned beans in another pan??? Mental. You need to boil soaked dried beans but not tinned ones. This doesn't work at all - why the duck would you boil rinsed drained tinned beans covered in water ? She cannot have tested this. Or, as established, she doesn't understand cooking and she doesn't actually like food. She's just copied the instructions for cooking beans from Gordon's chili with dried beans and doesn't understand how it is different with tinned ones.
In Tin Can't Cook there is a recipe mushroom, lentil and beer pie Jack tells you to boil a tin of lentils in water then simmer for around half an hour - until they are soft.

Jack never tested these, recipes, did she.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
That chilli recipe sounds absolutely gopping

Also where is that actually chilli flavour coming from!? One small fresh chilli isn't going to make that amount of beans spicy. Also why would you put the spices in before you've got the onions started unless your goal is for it to taste like burnt spices? Why is she boiling cooked beans separately? Why is she seductively mouthing the spoon in the picture?

All of this on top of the singing video, I can't barely cope with how mortified I feel on her behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.