Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she’s talking about him renting it out as temporary housing, he will be making a killing. A friend is trapped in a 2 bed terrace (with 5 kids, 1 in a wheelchair and 2 others who are disabled) that the council have rented from a kindly landlord for the sum of £600 per week. Same house would go for around £500 per month as a private rent.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Her excuse is always she was embarrassed and it wasn't their responsibility to sort out her debt and financial situation.
But they didn't have to do anything of the sort, even if she was starving/freezing etc. Adult children ask their parents for money all the time, mine certainly do. She could very easily just asked for 20 quid to do a bit of shopping or something to help her with her rent this month. Or even asked to eat dinner at their house this week or could they pick some stuff up whilst they were shopping.
I am very much of the 'it never bleeping happened ' crew, but IF the poverty was real and IF her parents refused to help her then it was probably because they were sick of her tit.
She's shown over and over again how caring they are and how indulged she was, why would that stop when she (and her child) were in crisis?
Yes to all of this!

It's the bit that gets me every time. If one of my adult sons rang me today and said "hey, I'm behind on rent, I've got myself in a bit of a money pickle" I'd immediately offer to pay the rent, get them in the black etc. if I could. If I couldn't, I'd talk them through the process of speaking to the landlord, a debt charity etc. etc. and I'd absolutely do a food shop for them. It doesn't matter that they've left home. It matters that they're my children and there's nothing I wouldn't do for them.

Not everyone has great family, or family with enough money to help them out of debt. But everything we've heard about Big Dave and Mama H says that they're good, kind people (even if Big Dave is a bit pompous) who are clearly very involved in their local community and who really care about others.

My money is on her asking for help, and getting it, but then spaffing away the money they gave her so she ended up right back where she started.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
If she’s talking about him renting it out as temporary housing, he will be making a killing. A friend is trapped in a 2 bed terrace (with 5 kids, 1 in a wheelchair and 2 others who are disabled) that the council have rented from a kindly landlord for the sum of £600 per week. Same house would go for around £500 per month as a private rent.
It's a distinction worth making. Excellent point.

Reactions: 41
I TRY TO DO MY JOB FOR ONE MORNING AND MISS ALL THIS MARXIST ROYALIST CHAOS?! I'm going to have to hand in my notice and start supporting myself with an empty Patreon instead of a job aren't I?

I'm shocked that even Jack "what's a personal boundary?" Monroe would share so many details about her dad's tenants. Vile, vile behaviour. The only comfort here is that she's probably made all those details up.

The squig who said that Jack wants to please all sides has it spot on. One of the reasons she claims to be so many things is because she wants everyone to like her- she can't be a royalist or an abolitionist because it would ostracise the opposing side so she has to tie herself in knots of nonsense be "complex and nuanced".

What a glorious day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
It's funny I came to this thread to share some local gossip I heard earlier than her dad's the leaseholder of a new cafe/heritage centre in the shoebury garrison (posh housing estate on a former army base) and here you all are talking about Mr h anyway
Coming from the past and I know someone will have already said it *altogether now*
Let’s hope Jack isn’t doing the food! It’s

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It's a distinction worth making. Excellent point.
And I wonder if he sits on the council housing committee? A lot of these ‘rent direct to council’ private landlords do but it probably depends how many properties he has. If they rely on him to house single people and ‘problem’ tenants then he’ll be raking it in and influencing policy to boot.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Why she filtered to look like Kryten?
Why she write like Enid Blyton?
Why she make inedible grub?
Why she make a comments club?
Why she post mad stuff on Twitter?
Why she just a great big SH1TTER?

Now duck off 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Hardly peppercorn rates. JEEZ DO YOU NEVER TAKE A DAY OFF?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
And I wonder if he sits on the council housing committee? A lot of these ‘rent direct to council’ private landlords do but it probably depends how many properties he has. If they rely on him to house single people and ‘problem’ tenants then he’ll be raking it in and influencing policy to boot.
It appears he’s not a councillor, nor are the other two directors of the CIC. That would surely be a (different) conflict of interest, as community interest doesn’t always align with council interest.

Reactions: 21
Yip, one local landlord is running about in a Bentley.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I know the chaos has subsided but I'm still reading through and every now and then hooting like a fool at some of the replies.

larry.jpg

As you were.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
I am now on the bus I planned to take at 9:30am. This is all Jack's fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
Jack’s fall back seems to think that because her parents are supposedly upstanding citizens that it makes her one too! My dad is ex-military and my mum is a retired nurse so therefore I am allowed to grift! 🤚🏻
Should they let murderers off if their parents weren’t criminals?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.