Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This. I paid for my sons shopping every week for months during covid and I’m nowhere near as well off as Big Dave or the millionaire grandfather.
None of it adds up.
Her excuse is always she was embarrassed and it wasn't their responsibility to sort out her debt and financial situation.
But they didn't have to do anything of the sort, even if she was starving/freezing etc. Adult children ask their parents for money all the time, mine certainly do. She could very easily just asked for 20 quid to do a bit of shopping or something to help her with her rent this month. Or even asked to eat dinner at their house this week or could they pick some stuff up whilst they were shopping.
I am very much of the 'it never bleeping happened ' crew, but IF the poverty was real and IF her parents refused to help her then it was probably because they were sick of her tit.
She's shown over and over again how caring they are and how indulged she was, why would that stop when she (and her child) were in crisis?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
This just came up on my twitter feed and I thought it was in reference to Jack at first!!
1663160260523.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It's these sort of days I am glad I am divorced.
Don't have to plump cushions, spray febreze round and pretend I have been busy and not wallowing in celeb takedowns all day 😝

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I have chosen this time to say I do not believe Jack Monroe is an alcoholic. This may attract criticism from, or cause offence to the canal, and I’m sorry if it offends anyone. I see this as a label she can attach to herself to absolve herself from her crappy behaviours.

I do however believe she has an addictive personality and she seems truly addicted to social media. It is damaging every aspect of her life, and she cannot keep away. If the majority of her time is spent on Twitter, between god knows how many accounts, and she still has time to read here, MN, and search out mentions of herself online, then no matter how she slices it, it is damaging her personal relationships.

She ~literally~ cannot step away.

The little bit of fame she had at the start of her career (using that word in the loosest sense) has gone completely to her head. She is a carcrash and for once I actually do feel quite sorry for her.
She doesn’t fit in anywhere. She wants to be a media luvvy, but she makes her money off pretending to be poor so they (the media set) patronise her and give her money but wouldn’t fully accept her into their set.

She wants to be a tv personality but she has no personality and no screen presence. She wants to be the darling of the left but her ingrained Tory-ness shines through everything she touches.
she wants to be the one stop shop for advice for people in poverty but she doesn’t give a flying duck about people so ignores them. She wants to be all things to all people but is basically a self serving narcissist. She’s a one trick pony and her only trick is lying and grifting. It’s quite sad really.

No amount of money can make her happy because she doesn’t know what she is and what she wants to be. It’s all at odds with the other part of her personality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 142
No doubt about it; her latest daft twitterings along with this (and the last thread) must the best things anywhere on the internet, ever! I'm honestly crying with laughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Bugger- Jackie gal is walking behind the coffin . His Majesty the King has made it happen after remembering the stuffing dumplings Jackie made for him and his dear Mama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.