Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I think Jack thinks she can soon exclaim that she *is* publishing recipes and "work" regularly, and thus has in some way fulfilled her responsibilities of client service

I also think Jack's an idiot, so you can see I have a 100% track record in clear thinking

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I'm absolutely sure it was entirely down to Jack refusing to ask for or accept help, either because she can't admit when she's effed up, or because she loves The Suffering (I actually think that's her real addiction, from school traumas and ED etc as a teen through to sm habit of actively seeking out criticism and ignoring everything else)
The problem with that I have is that every time a working age person in my family has had to go benefits due to unemployment or poor health everyone immediately rallied round because they just knew they'd be skint. Jack's parents own household income took a knock when her mum had to give up nursing due to ill health, they were able to work round that with fostering her Dad's earnings but it wouldn't take a genius to work out a single mother (even with support from the father in a good but not highly paid job) might find things tight. Even if Jack denied she needed help you'd think they'd still do stuff like have her and/or SB round for tea a couple of times a week or buy the odd pricey thing like washing powder and claim it was a three for two so they just picked it up etc. We also know she was getting help from Spaniel Friend at the time. I suspect she got more help than she admits but not as much as she wanted because of her sense of entitlement and what we see play out is a revenge tantrum.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
I have always found Jack's language around money interesting. Her Dad charges 'peppercorn' rent.

Remember when she said the Guardian pay 'buttons' per article and we roughly worked out that she'd be looking at a few hundred pounds?

I don't think that's 'buttons' by any stretch so you'll excuse me if I take 'peppercorn rent' with a duck ton of salt.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Yes, but a 'social tenant' is normally understood as someone from the social housing list, who is subject to protected rents, etc. These people would be renting through an RSL, otherwise they aren't a social tenant.

Probably she was just loose/uninformed with her language, but it raises the question where the tenants are coming from and how he is finding them, if they are simply private individuals in need of cheap housing.
I would put that down to Jack's ignorance rather than a lie in this case.

Although maybe he's missing a trick...he could be taking in that sweet enhanced rate money if he registered....

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thanks for all these, Marmalade, I missed most of them before they were deleted.

Blimey, she really doesn't know how to keep her trap shut, does she! After reading about how wonderful/caring/kind/charitable Big Dave is/was to his tenants, does she really not think a lot more people are going to start asking Qs about her own (supposed) poverty when she - and her child, ffs! - were homeless and starving? Monroe's pants are constantly on fire.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I have a lil fantasy of Jack’s Google meet which involves her talking on stage with her Twitter feed and mentions broadcast behind her, updating live.

I have seen this kind of thing at work conferences so it is not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

At the very least google staff will be tech savvy and across social media. Has she not thought that her captive audience at her talk today will have been observing her tweets???

I love it!

Will google ask her not to speak?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Thanks for all these, Marmalade, I missed most of them before they were deleted.

Blimey, she really doesn't know how to keep her trap shut, does she! After reading about how wonderful/caring/kind/charitable Big Dave is/was to his tenants, does she really not think a lot more people are going to start asking Qs about her own (supposed) poverty when she - and her child, ffs! - were homeless and starving? Monroe's pants are constantly on fire.
Her pants are so hot her bits must be like the Sahara. No wonder it takes her 6 hours to get going.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Ohh, I missed most of the last thread but I did wonder if the Marxist Leninist Royalist Jack would pop out of the box and do a chaos. She can't help herself. πŸ™„

Just putting it out here (again) that Jack is incapable of respecting the privacy of anyone in her sphere. Just shut up and stop tweeting about members of your family!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The problem with that I have is that every time a working age person in my family has had to go benefits due to unemployment or poor health everyone immediately rallied round because they just knew they'd be skint. Jack's parents own household income took a knock when her mum had to give up nursing due to ill health, they were able to work round that with fostering her Dad's earnings but it wouldn't take a genius to work out a single mother (even with support from the father in a good but not highly paid job) might find things tight. Even if Jack denied she needed help you'd think they'd still do stuff like have her and/or SB round for tea a couple of times a week or buy they odd pricey thing like washing powder and claim it was a three for two so they just picked it up etc. We also know she was getting help from Spaniel Friend at the time. I suspect she got more help than she admits but not as much as she wanted because of her sense of entitlement and what we see play out is a revenge tantrum.
This. I paid for my sons shopping every week for months during covid and I’m nowhere near as well off as Big Dave or the millionaire grandfather.
None of it adds up.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Screenshot 2022-09-14 12.37.57.png

Oh dear, poor Dave. Jack you're going to have to come up with the mother of all trifles.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 150
She’s gonna post some tit about people harassing her family isn’t she. After she’s deleted all the tweets. Again I have to say this is just glorious to watch. She has zero personality or credibility so has to steal other peoples.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Rinsed swan πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€ πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€ πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€ πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€ πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€ πŸ˜‚ πŸ’€
1663158063092.png

ETA. It perfectly balances out the tweets in the previous post!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97

Jack, affronted that the squigs can’t appreciate the nuance of her dad being a decorated paratrooper, Queen saluter, slum landlord, large gun nut and simultaneously head comrade of Leninist Marxism
Is he not also an MBE?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.