Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hang on, wasn't she just supposed to be going to dublin for lunch and back the same day?

if she's only just got there, it's a bit past lunchtime...
*Half a million Dublin sofas hide under a mat.*

• Haha
Reactions: 26
First time posting here and a big thanks to all you incredible Frauen und Herren for the hilarity. It keeps the aneurysm at bay.
For me the worst thing about Jack (apart from all the other stuff ofc) is her blatant Tory Girl-ness. Her entitlement is through the roof-you want a house bab? Yeah you’ll need to save a deposit (i have friends whose parents/grandparents helped out but that’s not everyone) and move to somewhere you can afford. Sucks I know but it’s how pretty much everyone else does it. I think she started all the performative poverty to try a force a response from someone-Big Papa Dave or the terrible yet apparently great ex-partner. She wanted a house and some money and boy is she pissed off she didn’t get either!
I first heard of her when the children’s centre I was working at got a load of Tin Can’t Cook donated-we ran family cooking sessions and operated a small food bank so we looked at them in our planning meeting. My boss decided that the best thing to with them was to softly, gently, place them in the outside bin. We them both insane and insulting to our creative, hard working and intelligent families who had far more experience and tips and tricks for surviving a skint life than she could pumble up.
I really hate the ‘Bootstrap’ thing-she could’ve gone for ‘Shoestring’ which has the correct connotation for me. ‘Bootstrap’ is so Tory it just baffles me that the Guardian etc haven’t picked up on it. Even on that she’s wrong because she has not ‘pulled herself up by her bootstraps’ rather she’s essentially laid on the floor having a tantrum about all the things she wants and deserves and hoping innocent squigs will be daft enough to pay for it-reader-they are!
Just as Trump is a poor man’s idea of a rich man, a stupid man’s idea of a smart man-Jack is a middle class Tory’s idea of a working class/skint person (these are interchangeable to Jack-working class people with a few quid do not exist for her) and her fans are definitely not proper skint people. Proper skint people know how to be skint with a bit of style and dignity. They eat recognisable (and edible) food and in the main keep their struggles to themselves. They do not identify with Jack. Skint people like aspiration and improving their life-she does not offer either of these as a reason to follow her. It’s just a pity party. She offers nothing to actually help and guide people who are struggling-no signposting to debt management or upskilling etc-her ingredients are mystifying and her ‘meals’ would make any right thinking child cry. Proper skint people have friends they can do the payday £20 exchange with, they make safe meals they know everyone will eat because there might not be an alternative option so can’t risk the sardine, custard and blue cheese fajitas.
Slight me-rail- We moved from the south further north because we knew we’d never afford a house in our seaside town-rent was outstripping our wages at a rate of knots-we flogged most of our stuff on eBay and did a car boot sale to help fund it-I’d have been buzzing if I’d had an Emin, some Tiffany tat, a few Cotswold cupboards and a load of leather bound first editions to add to my stock.
I could go on all day now I’ve started but I’ll finish on just how bloody rude and dismissive she is to her squigs-she never thanks them or shares their post if they’ve come up with a meal-she’s not inclusive at all-just a performative little a-hole. Ooo she makes my blood boil! Much love to all you ninnies. ❤
This is incredibly well put. You’ve managed to articulate exactly what I feel - particularly about that condescending Tory tenet of pulling oneself up by the bootstraps. And it’s not just condescending, it’s downright offensive to suggest to people (many of whom have endured real hardships) that she pulled herself up by the bootstraps when she seemingly had a very comfortable, middle class upbringing. Of course, she denies that now. I think I even read something about her poor Bob Cratchett dad having to hitchhike to work and sharing tins of beans. WTAF.

It’s just one giant grift by someone who has never experienced real poverty. If she had, she would wouldn’t be suggesting ideas like using cut hair for fire lighters, washing spaghetti hoops and using removing your light bulbs. It’s actually quite mad when you really think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
@GrannyOgg, not sure if it's relevant to your timeline, but Jack spoke about the Lee Anderson thing during the Tortoise interview. Starts at 11.02 on the timestamp.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Apropos of nothing, but for someone supposedly requiring close protection, she doesn’t half make it easy to track her down.

I’m only a recent noticer of the grifter than is Jack, and I managed to find her ‘crappy bungalow’ within about 20 mins. When should I expect my visit from the police to warn me about stalking her? I’d like to make them some chicken liver and blue cheese pumble.
No 🔺 required?
BORING

ETA I'm torn between being amazed she actually imposed herself on Dublin (and that pub in particular, poor sods) and refusing to believe she's actually there

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I've just watched the mug pasta recipe and she says you can pierce the clingfilm with a sharp fingernail if you're 'one of those people'. One of what people? Goblins?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 98
Please note I'm linking to another site and there are a lot of tweets here. It's not practical to screenshot and squig at that volume. So can we have a bit of common sense and decency here. You wouldn't go hassling a squig you'd seen on Twitter or following on Nitter so don't do it here. Mods if this is an issue delete with no hard feelings.

13th May on Wayback

14th May on Wayback (Jack's lawyer is Jewish)

15th May (Cashos to TT please)

16th May on Wayback

Favourited them Jenny Numbers. I’ll have a look through when I’ve time and see what I can put together. You are absolutely my favourite Frau.
I really hope to be able to prove she promised to give PayPal donations To charity if not used on a court case. The tweet on Lozzas timeline might be enough but let’s see what else I can find x

The youtube comments are so good 🤣
Brilliant. She says she has instructed her lawyer and Anderson and others have been sent letters asking for an apology. As far as I’m aware there’s been no apology forthcoming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I don’t know what’s more annoying in that tortoise interview - her nasal voice which goes wobbly when she talks about austerity or the focal length of the camera so that she’s blurry and the books behind her are in sharp relief.

And I’m amazed she’s made it to Dublin when she was so worried about her two friends in ICU she hasn’t slept for 3 nights and last night she was sleeping on a sofa with no pillows or blanket but a massive dog.

Makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Favourited them Jenny Numbers. I’ll have a look through when I’ve time and see what I can put together. You are absolutely my favourite Frau.
I really hope to be able to prove she promised to donate PayPal donations To charity if not used on a court case. The tweet on Lozzas timeline might be enough but let’s see what else I can find x

Brilliant. She says she has instructed her lawyer and Anderson and others have been sent letters asking for an apology. As far as I’m aware there’s been no apology forthcoming.
Cheers @GrannyOgg

There is no way on earth that Fox and Daubney will back down and I wouldn't be surprised if they've agreed to look after Anderson in terms of fees as he's potentially the weakest link in terms of coming under pressure from his party to drop it and knowing he's at risk of not being re-elected come 2024 so might see it as worth settling for financial reasons. Reclaim seems to be pretty well financed and they'd easily raise funds were they to go down the crowdfunder route. There's a lot of money in online culture warring. I strongly suspect she's lying about the letters but we shall see. She has until May 13th 2023 to take action, so if the silence continues after that date we'll know nothing came of it. From memory I think it was just one tweet soliciting paypal donations but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 35
It's weird that she can cope with a bar but gets offended when she receives emails about alcohol.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
Oh god this has really amused me. The way it's written, like Jack is now an emergency service only contactable via Twitter and she needs to respond URGENTLY, SOFTLY to help the good peasants of Asda Charlton out. And the depiction of these shoppers as some kind of distressed flock, wandering in bewilderment, unable to function, 'picking things up and putting things back again' :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
They remind me of Sims who set the kitchen on fire with a can of baked beans :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
When some posters were making her recipes, I considered making the Pumble since my kids will eat anything for pudding if I stick custard on it. But the instructions are absolute gibberish and don’t even match up with what’s in the photo. So I don’t think the Pumble was just designed as a concept rather than an actual recipe.
Unless I was in a fuge state and imagined the whole thing (entirely possible, it’s been a long few months in the Jackiverse), an intrepid frau has actually made a Pumble and posted the most glorious step by step.

ETA I have found the glory that was @colouredlines pumble-along

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Part of a thread on Edwina Currie:

50435269-D97E-475F-A164-AD83964B7596.jpeg

I think she and Jack have a lot more in common than they’d both like to think.

ETA Edwina has QTed asking for proof. Of her own published words. Someone needs to do genetic testing because she and Jack are clearly related down the line.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.