Jack Monroe #390 Jack just behaves strangely in a bungalow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Id just like to see a timeline laid down for that weekend I’ve never forgiven myself for not taking screenshots. Ridiculously, it never crossed my mind they’d be deleted. I’ve never made that mistake again
Thanks Fraus x

Mods delete if not an appropriate request
Do not blame yourself, tender one, I expect you were in a fugue state and not responsible for your actions.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
First time posting here and a big thanks to all you incredible Frauen und Herren for the hilarity. It keeps the aneurysm at bay.
For me the worst thing about Jack (apart from all the other stuff ofc) is her blatant Tory Girl-ness. Her entitlement is through the roof-you want a house bab? Yeah you’ll need to save a deposit (i have friends whose parents/grandparents helped out but that’s not everyone) and move to somewhere you can afford. Sucks I know but it’s how pretty much everyone else does it. I think she started all the performative poverty to try a force a response from someone-Big Papa Dave or the terrible yet apparently great ex-partner. She wanted a house and some money and boy is she pissed off she didn’t get either!
I first heard of her when the children’s centre I was working at got a load of Tin Can’t Cook donated-we ran family cooking sessions and operated a small food bank so we looked at them in our planning meeting. My boss decided that the best thing to with them was to softly, gently, place them in the outside bin. We them both insane and insulting to our creative, hard working and intelligent families who had far more experience and tips and tricks for surviving a skint life than she could pumble up.
I really hate the ‘Bootstrap’ thing-she could’ve gone for ‘Shoestring’ which has the correct connotation for me. ‘Bootstrap’ is so Tory it just baffles me that the Guardian etc haven’t picked up on it. Even on that she’s wrong because she has not ‘pulled herself up by her bootstraps’ rather she’s essentially laid on the floor having a tantrum about all the things she wants and deserves and hoping innocent squigs will be daft enough to pay for it-reader-they are!
Just as Trump is a poor man’s idea of a rich man, a stupid man’s idea of a smart man-Jack is a middle class Tory’s idea of a working class/skint person (these are interchangeable to Jack-working class people with a few quid do not exist for her) and her fans are definitely not proper skint people. Proper skint people know how to be skint with a bit of style and dignity. They eat recognisable (and edible) food and in the main keep their struggles to themselves. They do not identify with Jack. Skint people like aspiration and improving their life-she does not offer either of these as a reason to follow her. It’s just a pity party. She offers nothing to actually help and guide people who are struggling-no signposting to debt management or upskilling etc-her ingredients are mystifying and her ‘meals’ would make any right thinking child cry. Proper skint people have friends they can do the payday £20 exchange with, they make safe meals they know everyone will eat because there might not be an alternative option so can’t risk the sardine, custard and blue cheese fajitas.
Slight me-rail- We moved from the south further north because we knew we’d never afford a house in our seaside town-rent was outstripping our wages at a rate of knots-we flogged most of our stuff on eBay and did a car boot sale to help fund it-I’d have been buzzing if I’d had an Emin, some Tiffany tat, a few Cotswold cupboards and a load of leather bound first editions to add to my stock.
I could go on all day now I’ve started but I’ll finish on just how bloody rude and dismissive she is to her squigs-she never thanks them or shares their post if they’ve come up with a meal-she’s not inclusive at all-just a performative little a-hole. Ooo she makes my blood boil! Much love to all you ninnies. ❤
Oh this is brilliant and so very well said.... exactly what a lot of people think I reckon.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is she sleeping on the sofa a try and up the patreon numbers again or squeeze a few more PayPal donations? As I can’t see why she’s doing it other than sympathy, what with there being a perfectly usable bed in the spare/sort room. Given she has far more space than most why does she need multiple rooms to sort her crap out? Why move it about? If you pick something up you must know if you want it or not.

If I was housemate I’d be most upset if half the downstairs was filled with junk and Jack was dramatically draped on the sofa failing to sleep due to her two imaginary friends in ICU, rage tweeting.

Thank goodness she has the occasional booty call from the absolutely not married and totally does exist fresh love in her life, who is happy to walk through piles of shite late in the evening, guided only by the glow of solar bulbs, to give Jack one on the sofa covered in dog hairs or on her son’s bed surrounded by Lego Star Wars figures.

Living the dream. It’s a shame none of those jobs she applied for got back to her. After chicken liver and black pudding lasagne, making a Big Mac would be a doddle, surely?
Blimey, can you imagine Jack at Maccy D’s?

First Day 7am start time
10am Jack arrives. Perturbed at lack of red carpet. Tells a pensioner who asks about the WiFi to stop asking questions can’t they see she’s BUSY. Asks where her office is. Says she’s 90% vegan and could murder a double cheeseburger, bring it NOW.
10:01 Jack sacked.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
My aneurysm:

Apologies for stating the obvious but what simultaneously amuses / perplexes / infuriates me is the way in which her Twitter minions appear to have the collective memory of a goldfish.

The banana pancakes and the diabetic recipes are my tipping point. She posts a picture of her breakfast, absorbs the narcissistic supply then, when probed any further, plucks an idea out of her arse that she will never follow through on. Rinse and repeat…

I mean it’s just so easily disproven. The last recipe she posted was the Upside Down Pish Pie 3 weeks ago and that was only prompted by AM’s Patreon expose. Even the Wikipedia page for the Vimes Boots Index confirms that it exists as a “series of Twitter hashtags” only, despite Jack’s insinuation that she singlehandedly reconfigurated the way in which the UK ONS calculates inflation. I’m not a statistician but I’m fairly certain one cannot extropolate reliable data from random shopping Asda receipts sent to a self proclaimed poverty expert by wee dafties on Twitter.

This is the extent of Jack’s EXHAUSTING 100 hour weeks! The little match girl’s bones are grinding to DUST from the sheer magnitude of this physical labour. And all she gets is enough cashos to get her a £20 yellow sticker shop once a week. The injustice of it all!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Blimey, can you imagine Jack at Maccy D’s?

First Day 7am start time
10am Jack arrives. Perturbed at lack of red carpet. Tells a pensioner who asks about the WiFi to stop asking questions can’t they see she’s BUSY. Asks where her office is. Says she’s 90% vegan and could murder a double cheeseburger, bring it NOW.
10:01 Jack sacked.
She'd never get the job in the first place, she's too grubby and unhygienic. They'd take one look at her nails and nope her CV to oblivion.

(Maccie-D's have standards, yo.)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’ve been doing some searching on the Lee Anderson thing. I actually watched it unfold that weekend but didn’t have the common sense to screenshot anything.
A few tweets are still up and I’ve copied them but here’s what I know is missing. Hopefully someone will have them Or know where copies exist

Jacks original tweet asking for money.
The tweet where a squig said she should donate anything she got to foodbanks and She said she was fed up giving everything and she deserved something for herself (I’m paraphrasing obviously). I’ve got the tweet where she said she’d get her forever home, it’s still up.
tweets were she was counting the video views. Theres two that I can find but there were LOTS.
The tweet where she said she’d donate the money to charity if her lawyer was working pro bono.
Tweets of Squigs reposting her PayPal
The tweets about crack teams of paralegals. some have been deleted.
The tweet where she asked Squigs to scour the internet for mention of the video and send it to her.
tweets of Squigs asking dissenters if they owned a nice house (there were lots of those too)

Id just like to see a timeline laid down for that weekend I’ve never forgiven myself for not taking screenshots. Ridiculously, it never crossed my mind they’d be deleted. I’ve never made that mistake again
Thanks Fraus x

Mods delete if not an appropriate request
this one?

A57A8C59-695E-40D3-8990-ADF09783C2D8.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Grunking. This. The tweets seemed crafted and sent to Jack by someone who can see her career going down the pan, and she was instructed to c&p them. Under what threat we can only guess, which is, admittedly, a juicy hobby. Previous excuses for ‘apologies’ have been resentful and served with a massively overblown, underseasoned dollop of BUT MY LIFE WOE.
It did seem remarkably out of character for them. It is also a key tenet of AA recovery that you should admit fault promptly when you are in the wrong and make sincere amends and, despite my personal misgivings about the Patreon & Teemill situation, I kind of hope that’s what’s happened here because people can and do change if they want to. JM just needs to apply that humility to fixing the rest of the slo-mo reputational car crash that we seem to be witnessing in real time before it’s too late.

Reactions: 27
Christ of a thousand years, there’ll be sectarian tweeting about Tayto by nightfall.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
May 13 and onwards.
She hasn’t been as careful as she thought. She didn’t delete this. It’s where she pays Laurence Fox donation to TT. Read the bottom tweet

View attachment 1561914
Please note I'm linking to another site and there are a lot of tweets here. It's not practical to screenshot and squig at that volume. So can we have a bit of common sense and decency here. You wouldn't go hassling a squig you'd seen on Twitter or following on Nitter so don't do it here. Mods if this is an issue delete with no hard feelings.

13th May on Wayback

14th May on Wayback (Jack's lawyer is Jewish)

15th May (Cashos to TT please)

16th May on Wayback

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Apropos of nothing, but for someone supposedly requiring close protection, she doesn’t half make it easy to track her down.

I’m only a recent noticer of the grifter than is Jack, and I managed to find her ‘crappy bungalow’ within about 20 mins. When should I expect my visit from the police to warn me about stalking her? I’d like to make them some chicken liver and blue cheese pumble.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
For someone who is being sued, Lawrence Fox hasn’t even deleted the tweet sharing the video (neither has Jack bizarrely)
Did he, Anderson and Daubney even receive cease and desist letters?
WTF happened to the PayPal donations? We know Jack was watching the money roll in, she saw Lozzas fiver and refunded it.
How much was raised? How much was spent? Crucially, was there anything left and did it go to charity as promised?
Now I have to find something called a wayback machine and learn how to use it.

871171DC-B5D9-4990-8ED3-6B231A5B01F0.jpeg

Timestamped too. Thank you. At the time I assumed she was meeting With her lawyer, looking back she going to AA

Reactions: 39
For someone who is being sued, Lawrence Fox hasn’t even deleted the tweet sharing the video (neither has Jack bizarrely)
Did he, Anderson and Daubney even receive cease and desist letters?
WTF happened to the PayPal donations? We know Jack was watching the money roll in, she saw Lozzas fiver and refunded it.
How much was raised? How much was spent? Crucially, was there anything left and did it go to charity as promised?
Now I have to find something called a wayback machine and learn how to use it.

View attachment 1561997

Timestamped too. Thank you. At the time I assumed she was meeting With her lawyer, looking back she going to AA
I've linked you to Wayback upthread

Reactions: 20
hang on, wasn't she just supposed to be going to dublin for lunch and back the same day?

if she's only just got there, it's a bit past lunchtime...

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It did seem remarkably out of character for them. It is also a key tenet of AA recovery that you should admit fault promptly when you are in the wrong and make sincere amends and, despite my personal misgivings about the Patreon & Teemill situation, I kind of hope that’s what’s happened here because people can and do change if they want to. JM just needs to apply that humility to fixing the rest of the slo-mo reputational car crash that we seem to be witnessing in real time before it’s too late.
Yes! Please engage humility, humanity and other hum words because it makes you seem decent. Which reminds me, can I please thank the Frau who, a few threads back, recommended the Tom Kerridge ep of the Past Imperfect podcast. Such a balm to listen to a creative, constructive, compassionate and decent human being talk about food and just helping out. (Also, you could almost hear someone’s nose click out of joint when he talked about working with Marcus Rashford (am still working on this becoming a better person thing).)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.