Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Helena Handbasket

Chatty Member
First time posting here and a big thanks to all you incredible Frauen und Herren for the hilarity. It keeps the aneurysm at bay.
For me the worst thing about Jack (apart from all the other stuff ofc) is her blatant Tory Girl-ness. Her entitlement is through the roof-you want a house bab? Yeah you’ll need to save a deposit (i have friends whose parents/grandparents helped out but that’s not everyone) and move to somewhere you can afford. Sucks I know but it’s how pretty much everyone else does it. I think she started all the performative poverty to try a force a response from someone-Big Papa Dave or the terrible yet apparently great ex-partner. She wanted a house and some money and boy is she pissed off she didn’t get either!
I first heard of her when the children’s centre I was working at got a load of Tin Can’t Cook donated-we ran family cooking sessions and operated a small food bank so we looked at them in our planning meeting. My boss decided that the best thing to with them was to softly, gently, place them in the outside bin. We them both insane and insulting to our creative, hard working and intelligent families who had far more experience and tips and tricks for surviving a skint life than she could pumble up.
I really hate the ‘Bootstrap’ thing-she could’ve gone for ‘Shoestring’ which has the correct connotation for me. ‘Bootstrap’ is so Tory it just baffles me that the Guardian etc haven’t picked up on it. Even on that she’s wrong because she has not ‘pulled herself up by her bootstraps’ rather she’s essentially laid on the floor having a tantrum about all the things she wants and deserves and hoping innocent squigs will be daft enough to pay for it-reader-they are!
Just as Trump is a poor man’s idea of a rich man, a stupid man’s idea of a smart man-Jack is a middle class Tory’s idea of a working class/skint person (these are interchangeable to Jack-working class people with a few quid do not exist for her) and her fans are definitely not proper skint people. Proper skint people know how to be skint with a bit of style and dignity. They eat recognisable (and edible) food and in the main keep their struggles to themselves. They do not identify with Jack. Skint people like aspiration and improving their life-she does not offer either of these as a reason to follow her. It’s just a pity party. She offers nothing to actually help and guide people who are struggling-no signposting to debt management or upskilling etc-her ingredients are mystifying and her ‘meals’ would make any right thinking child cry. Proper skint people have friends they can do the payday £20 exchange with, they make safe meals they know everyone will eat because there might not be an alternative option so can’t risk the sardine, custard and blue cheese fajitas.
Slight me-rail- We moved from the south further north because we knew we’d never afford a house in our seaside town-rent was outstripping our wages at a rate of knots-we flogged most of our stuff on eBay and did a car boot sale to help fund it-I’d have been buzzing if I’d had an Emin, some Tiffany tat, a few Cotswold cupboards and a load of leather bound first editions to add to my stock.
I could go on all day now I’ve started but I’ll finish on just how bloody rude and dismissive she is to her squigs-she never thanks them or shares their post if they’ve come up with a meal-she’s not inclusive at all-just a performative little a-hole. Ooo she makes my blood boil! Much love to all you ninnies. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 179

jenny2603

VIP Member
I am delighted to win the honour of a thread title and am now looking up old school teachers to have a very long last laugh at. Yes, needless to say Jenny Numbers triumphed over everyone I made up in my head who told me I'd never amount to anything and to shut my legs.

Paypalos and cashos to the usual places

I now have a pro bono lawyer and the protection of Celebrity Squad. Warned!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 155

Smeghead

VIP Member
i have a burning question, why hasnt she slept because her friends are in ICU. I mean if she lept her phone handy they could call her if something happened? What can she do? She is not a dr. So it was pointless her staying awake.
She didn’t say her friends in ICU are ill, I think her friends in ICU may actually be surgeons working there and are constantly ringing her for advice on the complex procedures they are carrying out

• Haha
Reactions: 151

FrankReagan

Chatty Member
I’ve softly, gently, forensically done a thing x

NB. Yes it’s all £20. Yes it’s all from Asda. Send cashos not questions.

36545C4A-06B2-4F33-9FF4-DBC6E61953E5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 138

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
I don’t know what the canal is getting so amused about. Whenever I’m in the supermarket and can’t find an item I always leave, return home and ask a very minor celebrity on Twitter where the item might be found in a supermarket they’ve never been to. Doesn’t everyone do that?

• Haha
Reactions: 133

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Jack accused a fan of constantly harassing her for years because they questioned her £20 meal plan. Despite their timeline showing nothing but positive interaction with her, she immediately blocked them but did delete the tweet when the fan mentioned libel.
It turns out her meal plan isn’t a meal plan it’s just suggestions. Glad that’s cleared up.
She then went on to attack a random Canadian squig calling them an advocate of the death penalty. She had misread the tweet. The Canadian was left upset and baffled as to why any of it had happened. They appeared to have no idea who Jack was or why they had visited their timeline.
Finally she got snarky with someone who questioned Jacks claims that chocolate was sugar free and worried about diabetics using it. The squig has diabetics in her family and knew what she talking about.
Jack graciously apologised publicly and everyone moved on. It turns out she has TWO friends in ICU and hasn’t slept for three days so she Couldn’t be blamed for making mistakes.
It appears Jacks train was late to her Bristol event despite all trains running on time. There was no sign of her close protection team and it is unclear whether they travelled on public transport with her.
I am not even going to mention her posting pics of her bedroom with a few Star Wars figures that she is keeping for a homeless friend on the picture rail. She claims this is now SB bedroom and she is sleeping, without benefit of visible bedding, on the sofa.
The caravan rolls on

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 128

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-09-07 14.10.06.png

Oh squig, if Jack Monroe was in my kitchen menacing me with five courses I would never run out of things to moan about though I'd probably prioritse shooing her out with my big garden brush and safely and responsibly disposing of any slops. I garden for wildlife and there are a lot of birdos and animalos who could be harmed by carelessly tossed slop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Slop n slide for nominating @jenny2603 's words for the thread title! You both win a used sofa and some PJ bottoms bought from a festival (missing the label).

Jack spent the night on the sofa because she has given up her room to SB, who lost his room to storage for the house move in six months' time.

She had two friends in the ICU after eating her lunch (hahaha, joke), but Mark Lewis may or may not respond to her pleas for a defence lawyer when she's up for badly egging a bread. She also concocted a 'no sugar' one-pan self-saucing pancake.

She made another list after her stocktake. What's the matter [burger] babe? You haven't touched your chicken liver, black pudding, lentil and blue cheese lasagne.

She made some political commentary, I think? Please add to the recap!

Please read the wiki if you're new, there's some useful links for newbies. Please use the words 'thread title' so it's easier to search.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117

jenny2603

VIP Member
I feel that now is the time to say something that's been on my mind for a while. The problem is I don't want to be fallen out with or be misunderstood. I am nice, honestly.
Here goes.
Jack is after fellas now because she is getting too old to be of interest to older, rich lesbians. In my experience ( decades ago but I don't think it's changed much ) The elder would get great sex from a keen youngster in exchange for being treated to things. Not necessarily money but access to the in crowd, meeting people who are on the scene and popular, being taken places in cars and taxis, that kind of thing.
But these youngsters become irritating before long. They take too much and get clingy. Sex wanes. They must think anyone over 30 is grateful for any bit of anything.
She's not butch, never has been. She had a baby dyke cuteness that doesn't work at her age. Harsh, but true. Most folks move on, find a niche to be comfortable with and enjoy life as it is. Not Jack.
Oh no.
I'm more convinced she's after a pregnancy, which is obviously a possibility in a lesbian relationship but takes some planning by which time Jack's horrifying personality will have manifested itself and her partner will have fed a fox a hose and run for their life. Whereas a man, particularly night time bang 'n' burger job is full of jizzos to unwittingly* knock up a smol pixie without so much as a "is this wise?".

*Referring more to the habit some men have of acting like they don't know the birds and bees after finding out someone they've had sex with got pregnant like no one could have predicted that as a possible outcome.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
Hi guys,

long time lurker, first time poster here. I have become for some reason absolutely obsessed by the ongoing grift. I’ve actually done a competition beforeand purchased the winner two of her books, then Awfully Molly opened my eyes and ever since, things have started falling quite into place for me.

one thing I don’t understand though, SURELY someone like who loves her friends or family can sit her down and tell her what an idiot she is making of herself? Going on on Twitter about Essex Police and bodyguards. Cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 111

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Im up to the next day now. Tweets have been deleted ( the PayPal one was the first to go and I think once I put the timeline together, I can pinpoint pretty accurately when that happened). Lawyer has been instructed and clean up has begun.
Ive Hundreds of tweets, Im thinking of writing a small novel using them as illustrations. Working title “The Rinsing of the Squigs”.
Ill continue tomorrow when I’ve time.
My absolute favourite tweet so far, sent on evening of the Chaos. I do so love a timestamped tweet.

E6AAC100-FDCA-40BE-9D3F-4D1C8CA012AB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

Aardvark

Chatty Member
I’m at the Asda supplier conference (🔺) and they showed the value range - apparently the go ahead was given in October 2021 to relaunch and expand the range. Proof that Jack’s talking out her arse with her impact on getting the range back into her stores, it was planned have gone ahead by May 2022 anyway

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 103
I've just watched the mug pasta recipe and she says you can pierce the clingfilm with a sharp fingernail if you're 'one of those people'. One of what people? Goblins?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 98

Candytuft

VIP Member
I feel that now is the time to say something that's been on my mind for a while. The problem is I don't want to be fallen out with or be misunderstood. I am nice, honestly.
Here goes.
Jack is after fellas now because she is getting too old to be of interest to older, rich lesbians. In my experience ( decades ago but I don't think it's changed much ) The elder would get great sex from a keen youngster in exchange for being treated to things. Not necessarily money but access to the in crowd, meeting people who are on the scene and popular, being taken places in cars and taxis, that kind of thing.
But these youngsters become irritating before long. They take too much and get clingy. Sex wanes. They must think anyone over 30 is grateful for any bit of anything.
She's not butch, never has been. She had a baby dyke cuteness that doesn't work at her age. Harsh, but true. Most folks move on, find a niche to be comfortable with and enjoy life as it is. Not Jack.
Oh no.

• Heart
Reactions: 98